You can type here any text you want

horrible 60 ft and no traction

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LETHALV6

took the car to the track, couldnt get the car to hook for anything. 12.6 @ 115 with a 2.0 60 ft. im running eibach pro kit springs and no air bags, boxed lowers and adjustable uppers set to -4 (down)
im running 275/50 bfg drag radials but they are about 5 yrs old. the tires get real sticky when you heat them up but dont want to hold a launch. i think i may have a few things wrong, i noticed i may be hitting the bump stops on the frame when the car squats and the pinion snubber seems real close to the axle as well. im hoping this turns out to be a tire issue, im wanting to swap to a 275/60 MT drag radial anyway.

Change the tires first since rubber goes bad within 5 years. If you get the same results then you need to do some research about the chasis.;)

im hoping thats it, i tried short burn outs, long John Force burn outs and nothing would keep them locked down...even on a 0 boost launch it still wanted to blow through the tires.

The BFG's suck when new. MT's or Hoosiers will hook. The springs and no air bags isn't helping though.

Ditch the snubber. If it's hitting, it's upsetting the action of the suspension. Same w/ the bumpers.
Get the correct tires.
Stock springs work just fine.
No mention of shocks. What are they?
Ft sway bar off/unhooked?
Converter is?
Video of the launch? [Side and rear views]
You don't need 4* of pinion angle, unless you have soft control arm bushings.

Girls squat, race cars don't.....[Madman 2004.]

thanks Chuck, the shocks are some old KYB units and no sway bar up front but the huge ATR unit out back. converter is Art Carr 9" with a 3500 stall. the bushings are all poly front and rear. unfortunately no vids of the runs. im going to remove the snubber and bump stops this weekend, check the pinion angle again, ill hold off on air bags until i get the new tires tried out.
any other pointers please send them my way.
thanks again

That's a lot of air for those tires. Generally they should be around 15 to 17 psi. The side wall should wrinkle a bit on the launch, its hard to do that with too much air in the tire.

i was thinkig of running them down even more but nothing seemed to make a difference, once boost came on they just went away even on a roll out launch.

5yr. old tires??A new set of Mickeys should be on order.( Buying used tires are buying someone elses' problem).

yeah im picking up some MT DR soon, i bought these bfg's prob 5 years ago brand new, maybe longer but the car has sat in the garage for a while.

5 yrs = LOTS of ozone depletion of the rubber compound. Likely, they are "harder than the back of Superman's head"!:eek:

Hard is: I had a set of MT Ft runner skinnys. They were "stored" in the attic of the shop. Forgot they were there. Got them out, and when I dropped 1 from the attic, it cracked open!:eek: Scary stuff!

Back