You can type here any text you want

Horsepower with 220 solid roller / gn1's,p&p. how much

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SPEEDSTAR

I am building an on-center stage11 , and using a 220-220 solid roller .530 lift ,p&p gn1's ,t-70bb turbo that has been ported,63ar exhaust,fm pte,dequick intake,houston headers, accel 7 dfi, ......how much power could this combo make, and also would a bigger turbo -76mm make more and would the 76 need more cam. What horsepower are you guys making with cams in this/ 218 to 224 range/ stage11 ,gn1? Jeff

I went easy 10.20s on my 260 ci with a PTE70GTQ, .81 hsg. I could have easily gone 9.60s with that turbo, or even faster. The only issue I see with your turbo is the small exhaust housing. The big cube motor may have a problem getting the exhaust out thru it.

small housing

:eek: Yea,thats what I was thinking, I originally got the turbo to use on a 109 motor. I know that there is an .85 housing from turbonetics, what are the options. Will housings from other makes work on my turbonetics t-70. Is the .85 the largest that t-netics offers for this turbo. Also can an exhaust housing be ported or opened up some at the turbine area of the housing to free up a little back pressure , so as to make it flow kinda between a p-trim and a q-trim, is this possible? Does the exhaust pressure stay constant at WOT and the flow volume changes.I realize I am opening a big can of worms with all these questions, but I want to understand some of these things. Jeff

I would ditch the Turbonetics peice and get into a PTE unit if you want to stay 3 bolt. I went 9.46@143 with a 71GTQ 3 bolt and I could have done better with a little more T&T time.

If you need a turbo I would go through Cal, he won't steer you wrong. :D

I just read a post by bird in gen-tech , he is running an old school t-70. p-trim, a 210-210 roller with out of the box gn1s, in a 109 block, and he ran a best of 10.1 at 137. Since I have a 270ish , ported gn1s ,an old school t-70 , p-trim, and will replace the .63 ex. housing with a .85 housing, I would think that if mine is tuned well , it should run 9.70 to 9.80 easily. Right now I just dont see the need to ditch the old 70 when all it needs is better flowing ex. I think I will give the t-70 a chance to prove itself, and when I do go up in turbo size, I want to get the latest tech BB-76MM. Thanks for your help and opinions........... Jeff

Back