Hot Air exhaust set up

LCs85

I ordered the Pypes catback (SGG50R) and the shop installing said it wouldn't fit with the cat and claimed it was the wrong exhaust. Said it wasn't for an 85 and the flange was way too big. I was sure most exhausts like this or the Hooker fit almost any G body. Anyways thats fine because I wanted to ditch the cat for a test pipe. I also planned on getting the GBodyParts 3 in dp at some point but will order now to make this work. Will the 3 in DP and test pipe from GBodyParts bolt up to the flange on the 2.5 pypes exhaust. None of the pictures on Gbody are currently showing up which makes it a little harder. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Find a new exhaust shop. Any real exhaust guy can add or delete the correct flange. This is common when putting on an 86/87 exhaust on an 84/85. The flange is different between years. I had the same problem. Brad

Thanks for the fast reply with advice. Didn't think this was a issue. So the size difference between the exhaust and the bigger test/down pipes should not be an problem?

Find a new exhaust shop. Any real exhaust guy can add or delete the correct flange. This is common when putting on an 86/87 exhaust on an 84/85. The flange is different between years. I had the same problem. Brad

Agree, a real exhaust shop would do just as brad posted. When i had my hooker exhaust installed I didn't the bag that came with it,hangers,clamps etc. The guy just added it all for a few bucks more. :cool: