Hot air help (Exhaust Problems)

FastJim

Hello TurboBuick members, new member here. I have a 85 tr and cant find any aftermarket headers(mines keeps cracking). My question is, can i use 86/87 exhaust and feed into 85 intake. Has anyone done this before and what do you think? Any advise would be awsome.

There's only 1 after market header available at this time and it needs work to fit properly. You can't use the later ones unless you convert or are willing to do a bunch of welding to configure the later ones to fit. Speed daddy is the one's making the after market ones. You can find a thread in this section showing how to make them fit. Do a search for speeddaddy headers.

Check with another member here sy1322 he has the 87 intake set up he might be able to assist other than that speed daddy was the only company that made headers for our years. Good luck bro

Header options are very limited. I have a set of Headers on my car that Lee Thompson made many years ago for us. We basically sent the old manifolds to him and he welded up a set of Hot Air headers. If you could find a good set of those they are nice. If I ever have to go through it again I'd probably investigate a shop that could make a custom set or convert the whole car over to an intercooled car and begin enjoying the benefits of that setup. One of which is certainly header options.

Thanks for the info guys been looking at those headers off speed daddy. Def have to talk to sy1322 and get some pointers might wanna upgrade and 86/87 headers seem to give more slack