You can type here any text you want

how about a supra motor in a GN?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Not if you live in california i am not.., BTW manuel begosian stageII block V6 offcenter cost over 25k, that will give you an idea about the cost.

Oh yeah keep in mind the new TA aluminum block sells for $3500 and that is Off-Center or On-Center......

Sorry but you are very wrong!

Originally posted by wiked87gn
Not if you live in california i am not.., BTW manuel begosian stageII block V6 offcenter cost over 25k, that will give you an idea about the cost.

The whole motor possibly but the block by itself there is no way in hell!!!!! I don't care where you live (that doesn't make a difference at all)........ Somebody must be feeding you BS!

btw this is not about cost but about a concept of putting a supra motor in a GN, you guys went off on the wrong boat now, if i was to build a 87 gn with a 1,200hp supra motor in it and Raped you in a race what would you say then? lmao

Originally posted by wiked87gn
btw this is not about cost but about a concept of putting a supra motor in a GN, you guys went off on the wrong boat now, if i was to build a 87 gn with a 1,200hp supra motor in it and Raped you in a race what would you say then? lmao

Talk is cheap..........

And now for something entirely different...

How many of you guys saw the video of Chris Chow's asskickin' GN that is twin Turbo'd? How many of you said things like "Awesome!" and "That thing is a beast" and "It kicks some serious ASS!"?

And how many of you know that that car does not even have a GN motor in it, let alone a V6 or Stage 2?

It's got a small block V8!!! A 390 ci, TT, SBC to be exact built by Duttweiller but still - it is NOT a GN LC2 motor, stage I or II. And it IS wicked, wicked, wicked.

So, here's the deal - if CHOW's car is so friggin' cool and badass (and it IS), then why are some of you clowns suggesting death by train and screaming sacrilege for wicked87GN's idea of a Supra Motor in a GN?

Sheesh... lighten up and get a life already, ok? They are all JUST CARS.

BTW, I think it's a cool idea. To each his own.

Re: And now for something entirely different...

Originally posted by Raven
How many of you guys saw the video of Chris Chow's asskickin' GN that is twin Turbo'd? How many of you said things like "Awesome!" and "That thing is a beast" and "It kicks some serious ASS!"?

And how many of you know that that car does not even have a GN motor in it, let alone a V6 or Stage 2?

It's got a small block V8!!! A 390 ci, TT, SBC to be exact built by Duttweiller but still - is is NOT a GN LC2 motor, stage I or II. And it IS wicked, wicked, wicked.

So, here's the deal - if CHOW's car is so friggin' cool and badass (and it IS), then why are some of you clowns suggesting death by train and screaming sacrilege for wicked87GN's idea of a Supra Motor in a GN?

Sheesh... lighten up and get a life already, ok? They are all JUST CARS.

BTW, I think it's a cool idea. To each his own.

I know very well what Chris Chow's car has in it (a Duttweiler built TT SBC), however, I would much rather see it with a Buick Stage II TT V6 motor or even a single turbo Buick Stage II V6 motor.... Why? Because it's NOT a Buick without a Buick V6 motor IMO! Sure it's badass but I think it ruins the car....... That's just how I see it though and everybody has opinions and that's fine with me...... It's his car and he can do whatever he wants with it and I hope he enjoys it!

I bought 3 stage 2 motors 2 on center 1 off center and I payed $1800 to $2200 and I in the works of buying a new (virgin) block for $2200 .... the highest amount I seen a new s2 block go for was the one Mike L sold for 3k (very nice piece)

As far as putting a supra motor in a GN ....I wound'nt do that... I would stick to a s2 , there more proven at the track IMO.

Oya eazzz up guys its all in conversation :)

Happy 4th .....time to eat :D
Jesse

My stage motor cost at least $15k to build. Remember with a Supra motor, you are getting BRAND NEW parts. If a shortblock is $5k, a single turbo kit??:rolleyes: God a decent welder can custom bend pipes cheaper, add a $1300 PT-88. A fuel system, either a S2 or Supra are the same, you don't have to buy a $4k turbo 400, you just have to buy the piece that makes it mate up to the Supra motor. I think alot of uninformed people with big wallets are just overpaying for alot of these parts. Remember, these pipes are not confined to the underhood room of a Supra anymore, so the $5k (:rolleyes: ) single kit wouldn't fit anyways. If you think you can build a 1000 RWHP GN motor for cheap, all the power to you. Keep in mind thats mid to high 8's in a car like Cal's.

Supra longblock $5k

TA block $3500
Crank $2000
rods $1000
pistons $1000 (8)
cam $1000
ta heads (guesstimate) $2000
minimum bg intake..$1000
total $11500

Obviously most are like me and wouldn't dare to put a Toyota motor in a GN, but I wouldn't look down upon,or ridicule someone for doing it. Personally I would like to see someone do it, just not me.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
My stage motor cost at least $15k to build. Remember with a Supra motor, you are getting BRAND NEW parts. If a shortblock is $5k, a single turbo kit??:rolleyes: God a decent welder can custom bend pipes cheaper, add a $1300 PT-88. A fuel system, either a S2 or Supra are the same, you don't have to buy a $4k turbo 400, you just have to buy the piece that makes it mate up to the Supra motor. I think alot of uninformed people with big wallets are just overpaying for alot of these parts. Remember, these pipes are not confined to the underhood room of a Supra anymore, so the $5k (:rolleyes: ) single kit wouldn't fit anyways. If you think you can build a 1000 RWHP GN motor for cheap, all the power to you. Keep in mind thats mid to high 8's in a car like Cal's.

Supra longblock $5k

TA block $3500
Crank $2000
rods $1000
pistons $1000 (8)
cam $1000
ta heads (guesstimate) $2000
minimum bg intake..$1000
total $11500

Obviously most are like me and wouldn't dare to put a Toyota motor in a GN, but I wouldn't look down upon,or ridicule someone for doing it. Personally I would like to see someone do it, just not me.

Scott, it's not just $5K for the longblock from Toyota cause as I said you WILL need aftermarket cams from HKS to make 1000hp which will cost you about $2500 - $3K last time I checked (272/272 seems to be the ticket) and aftermarket cam gears (pretty sure they are like $500) from Titan or some other company..... Then as I said you will need some aftermarket rods from Crower which will cost you about $1K for 1000hp (if you don't believe me go do some research and you will find that they are the weakest link in the factory 2JZ-GTE bottom end).... Keep in mind I'm talking about 1000hp with a 2JZ-GTE and doing it with some reliability like you would with a Stage II motor!!! Also, from what I've seen all the guys making around 1000hp have a ported upper intake manifold which is about $700 - $1K depending on where you get it from.... It's NOT as cheap as you seem to think it is.... As far as the turbo kit goes I haven't seen anybody do a custom one as you seem to think it would be so cheap and easy while making it with quality materials (just bend some pipes) :rolleyes: but I seriously doubt it is because everybody would be doing it and selling it for much cheaper....
Bottom line is I know it's NOT cheap to build a 2JZ-GTE motor the "right way" to make 1000hp, but I suppose you could try and do it half ass like you describe!

My question is if it's so cheap and easy to make 1000hp with a Supra motor like you say then why don't we see anybody doing it like that?? I think I know why:rolleyes:

BTW, most Supra guys with big single turbos making 1000hp use some nitrous to spool up, but why don't I see any 1000hp Stage II guys like Cal doing that? Those extra cubes must be helping a bit........

Originally posted by Jesse
I bought 3 stage 2 motors 2 on center 1 off center and I payed $1800 to $2200 and I in the works of buying a new (virgin) block for $2200 .... the highest amount I seen a new s2 block go for was the one Mike L sold for 3k (very nice piece)

Wiked87gn, now do you see how stupid you sound saying a Stage II block itself sells for 15K to 20K?

As I said before you were WAY off on the price of a Stage II block by itself:o

That's it I'm selling my two Buicks to get a 1000hp Supra to do highway rolls :rolleyes: :rolleyes: noooooooooooooot :D

I personally don't think much of Mr. Chow's GN. I wouldn't even call it a GN anymore. It's a Chebby. :(

Then again I doubt he cares much. ;)

You cannot use a Supra turbo kit in a GN body. It is much easier to buy pre bent stainless pipes tack them, then tig weld them, and a hell of alot cheaper. There is more room to work side to side in the engine compartment so the pipe fitting is much easier. Supra guys buy everything off the shelf. Even with the cam and rod swap, the supra motor comes out cheaper.

Like I said before, people don't do it because it is a Toyota motor in a Buick, and you can get used stage parts cheap. Both the GN and Supra will need fuel systems, tranny's etc to support 1000rwhp, so thats all a wash.$3k for a cam?? what would it cost to have a custom ground Billett cam made?? Its $1k Cheaper than a GN Billett crank, or is another case of the Supra guys getting the shaft???

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
You cannot use a Supra turbo kit in a GN body. It is much easier to buy pre bent stainless pipes tack them, then tig weld them, and a hell of alot cheaper. There is more room to work side to side in the engine compartment so the pipe fitting is much easier. Supra guys buy everything off the shelf. Even with the cam and rod swap, the supra motor comes out cheaper.

Like I said before, people don't do it because it is a Toyota motor in a Buick, and you can get used stage parts cheap. Both the GN and Supra will need fuel systems, tranny's etc to support 1000rwhp, so thats all a wash.$3k for a cam?? what would it cost to have a custom ground Billett cam made?? Its $1k Cheaper than a GN Billett crank, or is another case of the Supra guys getting the shaft???

No $3K for cams (the 2JZ-GTE motor does NOT have a single cam shaft).... I have seen a Supra single turbo kit work in IS300/SC300 platforms as well as a guy that had one in a little 1st gen RX-7 so why wouldn't it work in a GN?? I'm sure you could make it work..... With the rod and cams swap it may come out a little cheaper but you forgot to add the price of the ported upper intake manifold and I doubt you can use the same motor mounts so there would also be more money spent on custom fabrication needed that you are not thinking about.... With everything done and the 2JZ-GTE motor in the GN I think the price would end up being about the same or cost a little more and for what? To tell everybody you have a Toyota motor in a GN and are making around the same power, but with a stupid torque curve that isn't to good for drag racing:confused:

Sorry but NO THANKS!

Oh yeah add the cost of a nitrous kit to spool up a big turbo (PT88 like you had mentioned using earlier in this thread) on that little 183ci motor..... All of the fast Supras I see that are using big single turbos have to use the spray to get the turbo to spool as well as high stall converters like a 5500 stall converter.......

Again thanks but NO THANKS!!!!!

Back