How bad was the track Bowling Green ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
6.62 @110 I believe.. Don't remember 100%, I can find out for sure if ya really wanna know. We were gonna pull a couple degrees in high gear to see if we could get it into the 20's.. But. It rained on that idea..

[quotwere tjosrhoneguy, post: 3298211, member: 7213"]Track was so bad that there were a few records set.....:D

Bryan
What were those records.[/quote]

Dave Fiscus went 7.92 for a TSO ET record
Don Cruz went 180 MPH for a TSO speed record
John Plogi went 8.9x with 109 block and iron heads(with AC) Iron head record for TSM
A new record was set for THS , 9.5x I believe ( sorry dont know this one off the top of my head)
Jason White went 8.81 in TSM with a 67 turbo ( dont know if this qualifies as a record, but i would think it did)

Bryan

There was nothing wrong with track prep. In fact, I think they did a great job. Remember, nearly ever car has the same wheel base, so they are pretty much starting in the exact same spot, just shifting left or right. Also, there aren't a lot of big tired, high hp cars putting rubber down across the starting line.
We found the groove to be kind of narrow down track, but have seen the same at lis of tracks. This event needs to stay right where it is.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

We did a 1.38 first and only pass with the car bogging at 21.4 psi launch. Our car needs at least 24-25 psi to get in the high 1.20's or low 1.30's.
The track would of held it if we made another pass.

There was nothing wrong with track prep. In fact, I think they did a great job. Remember, nearly ever car has the same wheel base, so they are pretty much starting in the exact same spot, just shifting left or right. Also, there aren't a lot of big tired, high hp cars putting rubber down across the starting line.
We found the groove to be kind of narrow down track, but have seen the same at lis of tracks. This event needs to stay right where it is.

I noticed the same thing.. I moved him over about a foot to the left on our second pass, and he left at 22psi off the brake with no prob. It actually wadded the tire a bit, could have used another pound of air. It's like I said earlier.. Read the track, take what's given to you, and adjust accordingly.

I believe Rod Hendrickson went 6.90 as well. Plenty of traction.

Several told me it was very slick and only sprayed it once. If this true it needs to be moved. It has always been a slick track very average.

Then several people lied to you and need to learn how to set a suspension up. I made sure the track was grabbing with the exception of one instance that I got resolved as quickly as possible. You don't break as much drivetrain stuff as was done by the track not hooking. As an added note even more records were broken AGAIN this year. I battle at times very hard to have it set up the way I want.

Jim C.

Then several people lied to you and need to learn how to set a suspension up. I made sure the track was grabbing with the exception of one instance that I got resolved as quickly as possible. You don't break as much drivetrain stuff as was done by the track not hooking. As an added note even more records were broken AGAIN this year. I battle at times very hard to have it set up the way I want.

Jim C.

Jim where the hell have you been hiding ??? :p

Jim C.
Has Bowling green ever had any 275/60 drag radials go lower 1.10 on 60 ft.? I did not not say it did not hook several guys who have been racing for 30 - 40 years said it was average. I guess we are used to elite tracks , since they are the only ones we race at.

[quoteAyers yCallMeSkip, post: 3298816, member: 42523"]Who has went 1.10 60' on radial pros?[/quote]
Shawn ayers, Todd moyer, chad williams have been below 1.10. Several have been 1.11 to 1.12. Car went 1.06 on 315s at no mercy 4.

There is nothing at Bowling Green with the hp to weight to compare them to X275 cars or outlaw radial cars so saying they can't go 1.10 60's is meaningless. Besides everyone has to run the same conditions. People forget how to race on tracks that aren't flypaper. If a 3400+ pound car went 5.11 with a V6 the track was good. Very few tracks will spend the money on traction compound like Holly Springs so setting a car up to run other tracks is the smart thing to do. If you can run fast on regular tracks you will run faster on flypaper tracks.

Moyer is a friend of mine.. I've never seen the car 60' that fast, and I have worked on it. I'm not saying it can't or won't, but I've never seen a turbo 275 car that can get after it that hard at the hit. They will blow the tires off or put it on the bumper. The 1.06 Kyle ran at No Mercy 4 is a nitrous car on big ass 315s..

Not limiting it to the gs nationals but anything at bowling green ever.
I have Been to bowling green it is not in the league of many tracks much less holly, sgmp,Cecil or Mir.

[quote="OldschoolV6, post: 3298766, member: 43480" I did not not say it did not hook several guys who have been racing for 30 - 40 years said it was average. I guess we are used to elite tracks , since they are the only ones we race at.[/quote]

Can you put names to these "several guys"? If not it is sounding pretty made up.

Moyer is a friend of mine.. I've never seen the car 60' that fast, and I have worked on it. I'm not saying it can't or won't, but I've never seen a turbo 275 car that can get after it that hard at the hit. They will blow the tires off or put it on the bumper. The 1.06 Kyle ran at No Mercy 4 is a nitrous car on big ass 315s..

It went 1.08 and 4.53. I'm not talking about turbo cars buicks or any cars just tracks.

People don't go to BG for track conditions, they go because its the Nationals and it won't survive anywhere else. You have to put up with the GSCA non sense such as not drying the track for eliminations this year but that's how it goes. People go because of everything else about it. The atmosphere, the covered stands, the camp ground, the city's layout serves hanging out with friends well. They have done much better with track prep over the last few years as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.