You can type here any text you want

how do I fix this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20171122_175139.jpg
    20171122_175139.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 220
You cut it out and weld in a replacement piece

I’m assuming it’s your door latch ? It’s prob wedged it there and has already broken off . Like I said I would cut out a nice rectangle and replace it with a new latch peice .

kirban has a plate for that , just unbolt the striker put plate there and bolt striker back in

OK thanks gonna check them now .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

thanks just have another question can you replace our door hinges without removing the fender?

Yes. You just have to have a way to hold the door up while the top hinge is out. I used a forklift on mine but a engine crane will work too. Or some hooks in the ceiling and some motorcycle straps if you're in a pinch.

Go ahead and do a search for some new swear words. You'll need them when it comes to getting that spring back in place.

thanks gonna do it when I get my new door strikers and plate.

that's great shouldn't take too long to do.

Wear goggles when putting that door spring in, maybe a sports helmet as well. :eek:

I even had the special tool available to put the spring back in with and almost lost an eye. :oops:

Richard Clark had a good tip in a thread about how to change out the top pin, hopefully the search feature works for you and you can find out some tips how to do it safely and easily.

thanks got my son's football helmets with shields..

Back