How do you make a double-pumper setup?

Foost

May the boost be with you
Please help, anyone have instruction for a home made double pumper setup.

I am contemplating on making a home made double pumper for my car. I have on hand two new Walbro fuel pumps and additional fuel pump hanger. I also have a buddy that can weld/ braze the additional plumbing that is required. If
anyone has made a home made double pumper and has instructions or advice that you can give, please let me know.

TIA
Foost

One hanger
Two pumps
Y fitting to connect the 2 pumps
2 separate 12 gauge wires, one for each pump
2nd pump for 15psi and higher off boost switch/ hobbs switch/ oil pressure sending unit.

Make the pumps as close to eachother so they both will fit in that hole.

HTH
BW

One hanger
Two pumps
Y fitting to connect the 2 pumps
2 separate 12 gauge wires, one for each pump
2nd pump for 15psi and higher off boost switch/ hobbs switch/ oil pressure sending unit.

Make the pumps as close to eachother so they both will fit in that hole.

HTH
BW

Bryan you have one of these. Tell use about the Wiring Part in full detail Please. Pictures would be grate as well. I want to do this my self.

Witch Walbros would Be Best and what did you use for Y Fitting

fullthrottlespeed.com sells a Y fitting

walbro 340's or the newer 255L replacements, again i would get from full throttle

install first pump as original and ziptie the second pump to it

hotwire firt pump as you would do if it were a single pump
the second pump gets fed by a seperate wire run off alternator that gets switched on by a hobbs switch under hood (boost activated )

to get power to new pump in tank you can get 3 or 4 pin tank feed harnesses from other makes of vehicles in junk yard or drill a hole in stock hanger ,

This is a great topic

I was wondering about the same thing, Also if you have big enough feed and return line why not run two pumps at all times? How do you guys line up the pumps along with the fuel sacks and the float so the they can all fit but at the same time not interfering with one another.

Thanks
Prasad

I was wondering about the same thing, Also if you have big enough feed and return line why not run two pumps at all times? How do you guys line up the pumps along with the fuel sacks and the float so the they can all fit but at the same time not interfering with one another.

Thanks
Prasad

Yeah, thats what Robert Cruisafueli told me to do in the past, just run them both all the time so you know the second pump was always working.
I personally would only want the other pump to come one only at a set psi, thats because it would be really rich at idle with the stock return line IMO.

But then again, if you only run one pump at a time, if the secondary fuel pump check valve is bad, then you looose pressure and flow going back thru the pump From what ive been told.

If you take both pumps, and hold them near the feed line of the hanger, you will install the y fitting there. They both will fit so you dont have to modify the size of the tank hole
You will drill a hole in the top of the sending unit for the new positive feed wire for the second pump, but make sure you use a rubber grommet so the wire wont chafe, and glue it with a type of glue that gasoline wont errode it.

I used to own a double pumper, i sold it in favor of a METH kit once everyone started running 10s with a single 307 pump and meth a few years back.
BW

look at
www.racetronix.biz

he has the billet y like the atr duals used to join dual pump outlets in the tank,
the foot for holding two pumps
the sending unit wiring that replaces all the old wiring on the sender to get power to both of the pumps
http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?Cc=DPK&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

and he has a full complete dual pump body harness which hotwires and hobbs switches (with relays) the second pump

and yes this thread was ancient...

Yeah that would be too wide...this is what I used for my DP....
https://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ELDON-JAMES-Y-Connector-1CVT5?Pid=search

Its pricey but its stainless steel and will last forever...connect it all together using rubber fuel hoses rated for submersion in fuel. (also pricey at about $20 a foot)

look at
www.racetronix.biz

he has the billet y like the atr duals used to join dual pump outlets in the tank,
the foot for holding two pumps
the sending unit wiring that replaces all the old wiring on the sender to get power to both of the pumps
http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?Cc=DPK&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

and he has a full complete dual pump body harness which hotwires and hobbs switches (with relays) the second pump

and yes this thread was ancient...
have you ever used that bottom plate?
how does it hook up?
thanks for your help.

cut off current pump foot, slide the bottom plate onto the tube and it has an allen screw to tighten it inplace

A little welding and a little messing around. I used racetronix wiring and a racetronix base plate at the bottom to hold the pumps.

DICKDP4.jpg

DICKDP3.jpg

DICKDP1.jpg

DICKDP2.jpg

DSCN0762.jpg

DSCN0761.jpg

Badass Dude

thanks man it was a lotta work but also some fun and it's been working awesome. Feeds my 120's all the way to 100% duty cycle with 70psi. This winter I might swap the pumps for those new aeromotives for some extra capacity.

thanks man it was a lotta work but also some fun and it's been working awesome. Feeds my 120's all the way to 100% duty cycle with 70psi. This winter I might swap the pumps for those new aeromotives for some extra capacity.
i wish i had the skill to make something like that.
ill stick to the brass Y and hose idea.