How fast can you go with GNX suspension?

BooBoo231

I am doing a frame off resto, and was considering the GNX suspension from Kirban. I know you can do better with your stock suspension, but I will never go faster than 11.50's in this car. Also, I have coil over suspension on it now. Will I have to convert back, due to the way the suspension loads up? Any info would be great. Thank you!

BooBoo231 said:
I am doing a frame off resto, and was considering the GNX suspension from Kirban. I know you can do better with your stock suspension, but I will never go faster than 11.50's in this car. Also, I have coil over suspension on it now. Will I have to convert back, due to the way the suspension loads up? Any info would be great. Thank you!

I called Kirban few years back inquiring about the GNX after market rear suspension they used to sell and they said they would not advise anymore than 500hp.

Really don't know if the original would hold more or less than that. I would like to know myself from someone that has tried to run more than 500hp on that kind set up.

it's been 10's that i know of & it has taken more than 500hp ..at over 600hp it's the wildest ride in town .getting the shock's right is kind of a PITA tho . you really do launch of this suspention .i would do it again .

I believe that steve sullivan's dad raced his GNX and got it into the low 10's with the full stock suspension.

I believe that steve sullivan's dad raced his GNX and got it into the low 10's with the full stock suspension.

Wow. I bet it looked good doing it too with the rise and what not at the line.

securedownload[3][1].jpg
I seen a thread today that stated #234 went 9's .I hope to see 9's . but still playing with high 10's low 11's.
securedownload[3] (2)[1].jpg

No, it's not good for drag racing. If you want a drag suspension then there are better alternatives including the stock control arms. If you want it for the kewl factor then go for it.

ks