How fast have you gone with your TT chip?

PS- I wish we could get more participation and enthusiasm in the TSS race class, since it is the only class that requires a stock ecm and chip.

K.

What does he currently run with the RA chips? K.

He has run 10.60's with one... but argues Red's chips are capable of 9.40's...... IMHO.... the class cars that require an ECM are Red's cars.... and at one point or another.... or possibly at each event....were tweaked johnny on the spot.... at the track... and a new chip was burnt for the next pass.... not your "out-of-the-box" RA chip......and this continued until everything was tweaked to the max.... FOR THE TRACK....

I want to see some 9 sec TT chips.

IMHO... this is becoming less likely because.... more and more people that get that fast have gone to an XFI... or BS3..... etc..... and the only reason RA is running a stock style ECM now.... is because class rules say so....

IMHO... in a hypothetical situation...... where Don Cruz.. or JW..... or any of the faster TSM boys get a TT chip... and tune it at the track.... the car won't slow down appreciably.... and would blister the 9.40's.... but that is just my opinion....

ok more of my simple thinking.... different people drive Melissa's car here .. Melissa, Russ, ME :p . her mother :eek: ..see where I am goin here .. they just get in the car and go .. how can ya get better than that .. we have made very little changes with the chip . set it and forget it .. Oh ya.. I have had Reds chips in some street cars . IMHO TT blows them away for street cars .. :cool:

He has run 10.60's with one... but argues Red's chips are capable of 9.40's......

Yes, they have gone that quick, with both a stock MAF and a "Raptor".

IMHO.... the class cars that require an ECM are Red's cars.... and at one point or another.... or possibly at each event....were tweaked johnny on the spot.... at the track... and a new chip was burnt for the next pass.... not your "out-of-the-box" RA chip......and this continued until everything was tweaked to the max.... FOR THE TRACK....

Yes and No... The fact that there may be changes to the chip from pass to pass is meaningless. Since his chips aren't user adjustable, that's what needs to be done. It's really not much different compared to changing off the defaults of a TT chip.

As I mentioned in my first post...
NCTURBOS said:
I can tell you the better your "relationship" with a particular vendor is, the better your performance/experience will be.

I want to see some 9 sec TT chips.

Give me some time... ;)

IMHO... in a hypothetical situation...... where Don Cruz.. or JW..... or any of the faster TSM boys get a TT chip... and tune it at the track.... the car won't slow down appreciably.... and would blister the 9.40's.... but that is just my opinion....

Very possibly. After all w.o.t. is all about fuel and timing, correct? If they are programmed correct it doesn't matter what is controlling it...

K.

...Oh ya.. I have had Reds chips in some street cars . IMHO TT blows them away for street cars .. :cool:

My only comparison to date is a couple 60/65lb injector cars I have running around here, and I have to agree on the drivability.

K.

Yes and No... The fact that there may be changes to the chip from pass to pass is meaningless. Since his chips aren't user adjustable, that's what needs to be done. It's really not much different compared to changing off the defaults of a TT chip.

I agree... but my point is... you and I buying a RA chip... have no adjustability.... so the timing "is what it is"....and fueling is adjusted with the fuel pressure regulator..... absolutely no way to fatten up WOT w/o affecting mixture at spoolup.... not worth a flip IMHO.....

Give me some time... ;)

Sweet!

Very possibly. After all w.o.t. is all about fuel and timing, correct? If they are programmed correct it doesn't matter what is controlling it...

K.

That is the way I see it.

Great post.