How fast have you gone with your TT chip?

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Inquiring minds want to know....

Also... if you think yours is pretty good (time)..... please state your combo/mods..... and also if this was a pump gas / race gas / or pump gas and alky time.

What chip version?

Overall... how do you like your chip? ..... and what other chips have you tried?

This ought to be a good thread.....

OK.... I'll start.... 12.65 @ 107 or so with a stock unopened engine and stock turbo... on pump gas and alky..... first time to the track with the alky.....I think it was a 5.4 version chip....

Completely new combo in the works....

11.49@117+ Was thrown off the track for no roll bar :biggrin:
TA49, ported heads-intake, Comp 212/212 roller, 3"THDP, SLSIC, Razor's ALKY, 60#injectors, TT Chip V5.6
Car has never run this good.
List of other chips: KB, MMC, BG, & Red's

On old motor.

11:17 @ 122 mph. This was on 91 oct and alky. 21 lbs boost. 23/22 deg. See combo below.

Cummon guys..... I KNOW there is more than 3 people on here with TT chips that have timeslips....

I know at least one in the 9's....

and a pile in the 10's....

I am hoping to find more people in the 9's and 10's....

ok .. don't know what version (got it in 2006) :redface: worked like a champ!! idles like my Lincoln :p Stock car with a few mods .. 9.94 @ 138+ in street trim of course :biggrin:

TT Chip Combo

Jason,
It was nice to see you at Reynolds
I thought you already have a FAST XFI setup???
I have been 10.29 @ 128 mph with my TT chip and ECM.
Here is the link to my setup.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/time-slip-combo-database/265758-10-29-best-pass-so-far.html
I could easily go 9's but haven't pushed it.
Due to the fact that I don't have a roll cage or bar!
I am also running on one intank fuel pump.
I have a newer chip and the version is 5.6.
You can't go wrong with Eric's chips.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Jason
AffordableGN

Jason,
It was nice to see you at Reynolds
I thought you already have a FAST XFI setup???
I have been 10.29 @ 128 mph with my TT chip and ECM.
Here is the link to my setup.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/time-slip-combo-database/265758-10-29-best-pass-so-far.html
I could easily go 9's but haven't pushed it.
Due to the fact that I don't have a roll cage or bar!
I am also running on one intank fuel pump.
I have a newer chip and the version is 5.6.
You can't go wrong with Eric's chips.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Jason
AffordableGN

Jason.... I think you have me confused.... my name is Brian.... and yes... if you are referring to the IROC..... it does have an XFI...... however... I am running a wideband controlled TT chip and DS..... car has been down over 2 years now.... :mad: :mad: .... however... things are progressing nicely..... might be up before Christmas....

My desire here is to put together a thread with some TT users that are really hauling the mail...... I have a buddy.... who has a TR.... and subscribes to the RA chips.... which I think is fine.... however.... I feel Eric's chips are every bit a capable ET wise as RA's chips.... and much better everywhere else (idling... cruising.....highway.... etc.).

I'm just trying to gather some ammo to show him......

FWIW... and a little OT..... 88ZNX is the screenname.... Jason and Alan use here... they share it... they are brothers.... Jason has a sweet gold T we had at Reynolds last year... and of course Alan has the IROC...... I entered the picture when they started with the XFI.... because I had a basic understanding and a huge desire to learn it inside and out..... which I am still in the process of doing...

That afternoon at the track (when we were benchracing on the back of the truck pulling Sam and Toni's car....) as we were about to leave.... that was Alan and I..... Jason had just pulled out a few minutes earlier with the camper.... I was riding with Alan pulling the car trailer...

Clear as mud?

10.12@134mph stock maf no screens TT race gas chip.
6.38@107mph 1/8th with the new TT SD chip on a horrible tune.

Confusion

Brian,
Sorry for the confusion!!!
I knew you were in Reynolds.
I just got you mixed up with Jason and Alan.
Sam and I were just talking about everyone's screen names.
It is hard to keep everyone screen name and real name staight.
That's why I always post my name with my screen name.
You must live close to Jason and Alan???
I know they had a good time along with Sam, Toni, and I.
I have also tried other chips.
I have had the best luck with Eric's Turbo Tweak chips.
Everyone keeps telling me I need FAST XFI.
I tell them I am using my SLOW system.
Eric's Turbo Tweak chip has also worked well for me.
Good luck with your investigation.
They are plenty of Fast Turbo Tweak cars out there.
Jason
AffordableGN

Brian,
Sorry for the confusion!!!
I knew you were in Reynolds.
I just got you mixed up with Jason and Alan.
Sam and I were just talking about everyone's screen names.
It is hard to keep everyone screen name and real name staight.
That's why I always post my name with my screen name.
You must live close to Jason and Alan???
I know they had a good time along with Sam, Toni, and I.
I have also tried other chips.
I have had the best luck with Eric's Turbo Tweak chips.
Everyone keeps telling me I need FAST XFI.
I tell them I am using my SLOW system.
Eric's Turbo Tweak chip has also worked well for me.
Good luck with your investigation.
They are plenty of Fast Turbo Tweak cars out there.
Jason
AffordableGN

Yes... Alan lives about 10 minutes from where I work.... in Vicksburg, MS..... and Jason... lives in a suburb of Jackson, MS.... which is about 30 minutes away from where I live.... I've known both for probably 25 years.....it wasn't til we all got into Turbo Buicks.... that we got re-aquainted... and try and help each other out....

Good post Brian! You know Eric makes one awesome product! You, me and Alan tuned my car with his 93 street chip from a lowsy 13.05 to a 11.14 @ 120!! with a Direct Scan! Shift on the column 3550 lb 87 Limted with A/C!!!

so my best with TT is 11.14 @ 120

Stock: 109, crank, pistons, rods, heads, intake, headers, TB, MAF,
TE.66 Turbo, FMIC, #50's, SMC alky, 3inch DP, Leeo's 200R4, 3500 lock up,

Attachments

• 018_18.JPG
    018_18.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 393
  • 043_43.JPG
    043_43.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 403
10.46 @ 131 running two DIY alky kits and pump gas. Stock MAF with screens and cone removed. Stretch intercooler and TA66.
I've used Red's and Eric's chips and there is no comparison. Turbo Tweek is by far the best.
Randy

You guys keep it coming....

Might not be getting the exposure I was hoping for in this forum..... might should have been general tech....

Oh well...

Got some great times.

I hope I'm to the track before the end of the year with my new combo.... my car has been down and out for 2-1/2 years! :mad: :mad:

TT chip on 93 octane w/ alky through the mufflers on drag radials 10.71 @ 126 and I didn't really push it hard @ about 21 lbs boost. The car also averages approx. 20 mpg on the street! HEY... maybe if the big 3 built cars, tuned like my 21 year old Buick... they could sell some cars!!!:rolleyes: Paul

...My desire here is to put together a thread with some TT users that are really hauling the mail...... I have a buddy.... who has a TR.... and subscribes to the RA chips.... which I think is fine.... however.... I feel Eric's chips are every bit a capable ET wise as RA's chips.... and much better everywhere else (idling... cruising.....highway.... etc.).

I'm just trying to gather some ammo to show him......

What does he currently run with the RA chips? I've run RA chips for 15+ years, and am now also starting a business/friend-"ship" with Eric. I have nothing but good to say about both.

Red's history with chip performance speaks for itself and to this day he's still helping cars go fast with them. I had a friend just the other week run bottom 10's @ 140mph with a stock MAF, Red's chip, and a DLS '109 powerplant.

Eric's modern day adjustability within his chips also speaks for itself, and he continues to push the envelope in chip/ecm progress. Just look what he is doing with the Alky cars as well!! I'm looking forward to working with him more...

I can tell you the better your "relationship" with a particular vendor is, the better your performance/experience will be.

K.