You can type here any text you want

How good are Joe Lubrant chips?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TIMS87GN

Hey guys, I am trying out different chips. I currently have a Thrasher installed and am generally pleased with it but I still have that tip-in with my 009s. I am curious about Joe's chips. How good are they? Can they eliminate that tip-in? How do I contact him to get one custom burned? I really need some feedback on this cause I want the car at its best for the spring!! :cool:

I haven't tried any of the Lubrant chips, but if you're specifically looking to get rid of tip in stumble, I think you really have 2 choices: the Maximum Effort thumbhweel chip or the Ramcharger Extender chip with the LT1/LS1 mass air meter and Translator. I have a Maximum Effort 8 position chip for 009's sitting in my closet if you're interested. I'll sell it for $150 shipped.

Peter

Don't forget about Jay carter and Jim Testa. Both make great chips and have solved the tip in stumble problem.

Paul

From my experience, I thought Joe Lubrant was a bit conservative on his chips. However being conservative on timing allows for more boost. I think J. Testa has that tip-in stumble adressed for 009's. May wanna try him first if your looking for a new chip.. HTH

Mike Banas
87GN

Thanks for the reply guys. How do I contact these guys? 99formula, That sounds like a good deal but I know zero about the ME chip. I probably need to do some digging around though. I have been giving some serious thought to the translator+ and LT1 MAF. I have a rebuilt MAF and I don't know how long it can last.:rolleyes: It is doing o.k. for now. I just want to try several different chips and see what I like the best. My Pit Bull runs good but I like the Thrasher more. It seems to spool quicker;) Someone please find me a contact for these chips so the testing can begin. Thanks for the feedback!
Tim

The ME chip is really good because it has a setting tunable specifically for tip in. You can adjust it back and forth until you find out the best setting. It is also an open loop chip so you can get rid of your O2 sensor if you like. Not to mention Steve is very helpful with the chips. You can see information on the ME at :

http://maxeffort.tripod.com/

You can find information on the Extender chips and Translator at:

http://www.ramchargers.com/

Hope this helps.

Peter

99Formula, Thanks for the info. I like the ME. Thats sounds like a nice set up. Does yours have the ability to tie in with alcohol? I may just have to get that from you! Thats a good price. I am x-mas shopping for the family this week. I can probably get some $ next week. Tim

Originally posted by TIMS87GN
99Formula, Thanks for the info. I like the ME. Thats sounds like a nice set up. Does yours have the ability to tie in with alcohol? I may just have to get that from you! Thats a good price. I am x-mas shopping for the family this week. I can probably get some $ next week. Tim

If you wanted to run the ME with alcohol, all you'd need to do is move the thumbwheel up past position 2 to get into strip timing mode. Position 0 is the theft deterrent setting, no fuel. 1 and 2 are street settings with 2 being about 5% richer on fuel than 1, both at 18 degrees timing. Positions 3-7 are 26 degrees timing, with each position up adding about 2.5% fuel. So, there's quite a bit of tunability built into them. If you're still interested in it next week, give me a yell.

Thanks,
Peter

What exactly is 'tip-in'?

This a 009 only issue? Just curious. I like to know these problems incase I ever discover them.

Tip in is when you first press on the accelerator. 009's especially seem to suffer from tip in stumble which is a slight hesitation, almost a bog when first accelerating. Thing is, it doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes, and that makes it even more annoying because you never get used to it.

Peter

Back