How hard to change from Limited's chrome to blackout trim?

Awesome T

I am in the market for a car, and have seen some Limited's that have what I want, but they have the chrome trim packages that I don't like, and I definitely prefer the blackout trim. If I were to buy one, how hard would it be to change a limited to blackout trim? I would do it when I had the car repainted, but where would I find the trim and what do you think it would cost? Is it too much of a hassle? A lot of the cars have the chrome trim around the windows, and it seems it is not a small task. Thanks. John.

I am in the market for a car, and have seen some Limited's that have what I want, but they have the chrome trim packages that I don't like, and I definitely prefer the blackout trim. If I were to buy one, how hard would it be to change a limited to blackout trim? I would do it when I had the car repainted, but where would I find the trim and what do you think it would cost? Is it too much of a hassle? A lot of the cars have the chrome trim around the windows, and it seems it is not a small task. Thanks. John.

Gbodyparts.com would have every piece you need, but it's a costly swap these days, even if you just went with powder coating your existing trim, which is what I would do.

Thanks TNX

Do the trim pieces screw on, clip on, or are they glued on? For the simple screw on, it appears to be not too much of a hassle. Again, if I get a car that needs to be repainted, I would remove all of the trim pieces and replace them then, so I might start collecting the pieces I need for the future. Thanks again. John

Do the trim pieces screw on, clip on, or are they glued on? For the simple screw on, it appears to be not too much of a hassle. Again, if I get a car that needs to be repainted, I would remove all of the trim pieces and replace them then, so I might start collecting the pieces I need for the future. Thanks again. John

All the window trim clips on, and 75% of the clips will break once you try and remove them, the rocker trim which most Limiteds have are a combo I believe of screws and clips. There are WO2 limiteds out there, I believe a nice one is in the For Sale section now, I would hold out for an authentic W02 Limited, that or buy a new/used replacement set from Brian at gbodyparts.com.