You can type here any text you want

How how hard should I Push this combo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crispy Chicken

i got a 87 a while ago with a 109 block, billet mains, ARP everthing, no girdle stock crank, stock rods, je pistons, have some gn1 heads and ported intake, right now its down upgrading the 50lb injectors to bigger ones and stock rails to bigger. going to run e85. need to decide on turbo. it has a PTS XTREME 2004r killer street with deep pan. i put moser 33 spine axles and eaton 3.73 c clip eliminators. i'm not sure how hard i should push it on stock rods crank no girdle to be safe. i'm at 3250 weight right now with 5-6 gallons of gas. should be at 3000lb when i'm done..

Thank alot for your advice!

IMHO.... with careful attention to detail.... and patience.... I don't see why mid to high 9's can't be had at 3000#.

Ought to really scoot at 3000 lbs.

Maybe a BB Billet 67 turbo?

yeah at that weight you should have no problem making it fly..what is the rest of the combo like turbo and stall and all that good stuff

with that weight it should be a walk in the park to run 9's with a decent turbo :cool:

BE CAREFUL OF THE STOCK CRANK.
I SNAPPED ONE ON THE DYNO AT 498 HP.:mad:
ALSO RUN A GIRDLE.

BE CAREFUL OF THE STOCK CRANK.
I SNAPPED ONE ON THE DYNO AT 498 HP.:mad:
ALSO RUN A GIRDLE.

we have a crank thats 20/20 . makin prob 740 rwhp with 15,000 miles on it .. Its not "if" it breaks but WHEN :p

Detonation breaks All Parts so dont Detonate it & pedal to the metal with a good tune it should stay together for many miles.

yeah at that weight you should have no problem making it fly..What is the rest of the combo like turbo and stall and all that good stuff

right now it has a little te53 3 bolt turbo. 3000 stall 9/11 lock up converter. 210 billet cam kit, scorpion rockers chrome moly push rods . I put it on the dyno the other night. It made 430 rwhp spiked at 17psi held 15psi. ATR wastegate screw bottom out. Right now I'm starting to fab some parts. Core support tranny mount bumper brackets . Going to make some upper and lower control arms front and rear. The AC and heater stuff has all ready been removed. Put a mini starter in the other day. Last night I installed a odyssey battery. I mounted it behind the firewall in the middle. Got a m3 e46 jump terminal and mounted it for charging and jump start. Lost 33 lbs from that alone removing the huge battery and the 15 feet of cable going to the truck.

some pictures
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/xbmx4everx/0422091658a.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/xbmx4everx/0422091658.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/xbmx4everx/0422091659a.jpg

A friend of mine builds 60 foot sport fishing boats at work and is really good with molds. He is telling me if I buy a 5,000 dollar roll of carbon fiber or how ever it comes. And some parts I don't care about messing up. He will help me mold carbon fiber hood fenders etc. If that is the case I might be able to get it to 2800-2900 lbs or so haha.

IMHO.... with careful attention to detail.... and patience.... I don't see why mid to high 9's can't be had at 3000#.

Ought to really scoot at 3000 lbs.

Maybe a BB Billet 67 turbo?

yeah those turbos are nice. a friend of mine is making 786rwhp with his evo using a 62/62 billet wheel turbo. running e-85.

Same short block that I am running. If anything I would be worried about your injector size.

You better look into getting 120# injectors if your going to run E85... and a good pump

we have a crank thats 20/20 . makin prob 740 rwhp with 15,000 miles on it .. Its not "if" it breaks but WHEN :p
+1. The one in my sig has about 150k on it. You guys can make some good conclusions about the stock bottom end based on this. Never detonated the engine at all. Not once. Car was 3600lbs

Back