You can type here any text you want

How I found a PEVR

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
another dumb question, were is it located? any pics?

Here is a pic of the p.e.v.r. still not sure if its working but the plug runs 2 vacume lines off it, it is located just below your choke on the intake.
In the pic the pevr is unpluged for the shot on my 80'

Attachments

• 100-0034_IMG.jpg
    100-0034_IMG.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 224
Can our cars run without the pevr? What are the consequences to running with out one?

Your 83 doesn't use a PEVR valve. Only the 80 and earlier ones have them. If the car has been made to work like the earlier ones you will need it to keep lean spikes from causing detonation.

Really wow all this time looking at my vacuum diagram picture in my engine bay wondering were this was, and it turns out i dont have it, what a relief...loll

what we really need is for you to get the parts and make a mechanical one. i am almost tempted to get the parts for you charlie.:tongue:
I agree charlie sent you the part months ago lets geter done and yes Im a redneck from Nebraska. Mike

A highly technical electrical device that makes the B4B cars fast, like a flux-capacitor.

I wish!The flux -capacitor is called a holley they sell them new at the parts store. Im not going to stop till someone besides me and A.J. tries it the fastest carb turbo was not a quadrajet. Ask fred himself I have a 780 on mine works grreat my stock was modded and would not hald a candle to the 780 or the 650 double pumper . Mike

Its an annoying valve that controls the power valve. Have to control the power valve somehow, vacuume is differant post turbo than pre turbo, and you cant put it directly to the intake because it would blow the metering rods out.

If I find one. I was going to buy the top end off that 79 sport coupe eventually, and I hope it has a good PEVR.

Ive got a vacuume switch and a electric switch that switches on at like 3 inches of vacuume so I got the stuff to make an electric PEVR but I havnt got around to it yet.

Was just going to hook up a line going to the intake from the power valve port and put the vacuume swith inbetween. When the sensor picks up 3 inches it shuts the valve. It doesnt matter if it runs full ritch at 3 inches and up IMO.

Only thing thats stopped me is when I rebuilt my carb I adjusted the power valve and never completly adjusted it right. I hooked the power valve up to the plenum when I put it back on. It idled but wouldnt pick up speed at all. Ran out of fuel. If I eased onto it it would sputter and die. If id smash it it would run good for half a second, then die. Disconnected the line and it ran fine. Mine runs without a PEVR all the time. Havnt had any issues. Should pick up some MPG though.
My power valve opens at 3.5 inches of vaccumworks good. Mike

I agree charlie sent you the part months ago lets geter done and yes Im a redneck from Nebraska. Mike

Been a little busy with the new shop Mike and haven't had a lot of time lately.:redface: I really need to send it back to you and will see about doing it within the next week.:redface: Thanks for the loan.:cool:

Been a little busy with the new shop Mike and haven't had a lot of time lately.:redface: I really need to send it back to you and will see about doing it within the next week.:redface: Thanks for the loan.:cool:
Just teasing you still have not fini8shed buffing mycar after a year

yes i believe the pevr is the same part exactly! by looking at them. i have been playing phone tag with pontiac to find out if they would make another run of them but to no avail.. seems like no one knows there has knowledge of what i am talking about! drives me crazy! does anyone have the part# for the buick pevr i know the pontiac has a part number # 10010090 and on the bottom of the pevr is 04794. has anyone actually built one of these from the info on that link? have part numbers? i know over on the 301 site i guy dissassembled a pevr and rebuilt it! dont know if it will last but at least he took 1 apart and knows how they are made.

They're a mechanical part so it would have to be re-designed and I doubt any major manufacturer would be interested in making an obsolete part for such a small minority of cars.

Back