How Many 84 GN's Left??

Rumors are just that. I believe they made 4000 Regal TTYPES of which 2000 had the GN body option. The numbers for 1985 are just about the same. Brad

Well considering the cars are 20+ years old...500 is not a far fetched number. I doubt there is anyway to acurately find out how many are left. But figure some where wrecked, some parted out, some just plain junked out of stupidity. Take all that into account 500 may very well be close.

T

Well i gues i am lucky cause i got one and it got t-tops according to the numbers on gnttype.org there were only 500 with t-tops so i guess maybe i got one of only aboyt 50 left LOL

Here is the total rundown on the numer of turbo cars made in 84 and 85 this is straight out of the Buick Facts and Figures book.

2,000 GN's
3,401 T-Types

2,102 GN's
2,100 T-Types

Now I can account for at least three 85 turbo cars are still in existance because I own them. :D

tenright said:
Well considering the cars are 20+ years old...500 is not a far fetched number. I doubt there is anyway to acurately find out how many are left. But figure some where wrecked, some parted out, some just plain junked out of stupidity. Take all that into account 500 may very well be close.
T
I wouldn't doubt it if all that is left out, but I am proud to say I have 1 of 2000 built :)

There are 3 84 GNs in my neighborhood. One is my dad's which has been converted to a stageII motor. One is mine obviously and one is a good friend which should be a very strong car.

I know of at least 3 other 84/85 Turbo Buicks in my area as well. 4 if you count the 85 GN that has been converted into an 87 drivetrain car.

there is (1) 84 mine :biggrin: and (4)85's out here and (75) 86-87.

and it sucks that i can't get the front seats recovered for my 84. we should make a count of the remaining 84's and have a place make seat covers for them. i am sure they all have the same wear on them...

Ive got one

Well I have an 84 GN. My bro has an 85 GN and an 84 T-type. My dad has an 86 GN and a 85 designer's series car. There is also a guy who has either an 84 or 85 designer car who works at a ford dealer in town. Kinda cool driving around in the back lots of the car dealerships finding out what the employees drive.

Jerry Berger

I've a 84 gn, It will never be converted to 86-87 turbo set up as long as I own it. Theres a all original extremely nice low mile 84 gn on ebay that is in a dealership not to far from me. My aunt had a 84 but it bit the dust years ago. Low production number was one of the contributing factors for me to buy my 84 several months ago, but now the more I learn about these cars, starting to realise theres a lot more around than I thought. My uneducated guess is 800 or so that are still out there in one piece.
Even if we knew how many are still registered here in the states, what about all the ones no longer registered and just sitting?
There are several thousand members on this site, What about sending out a mass email and asking everyone to post on a particular board how many and what year and model turbobuick they currently own? We could also report the ones that come across ebay, traderonline, etc., and keep track of those via VIN #. We'll never know for sure, but I think it would be nice to have some hard numbers so that we get an idea of how many, for sure, are still out there.

Lol, I want to know how many stars there are in the sky too. Maybe we could send a mass E-mail to all them and ask them to post somewhere.

I would guess that less than half of the GN owners in the world are on the Internet. Gathering numbers based off the Internet is not going to yield any kind of accurate results at all. You need someone with nationwide DMV access or something. They might be able to tell you how many of a certain car is registered in the US, what year the highest number was, how many as compared to now, etc... They might also be able to tell you how many cars have been totalled or otherwise removed from the system.

As far as untouched originals still out there, only God knows the answer to that one, and he's not sharing. It's an admirable goal, but it's impossible to develope the kind of database your looking for. It's kind of like wanting to fly like Superman. Admirable goal, but completely impossible with the tools given to you. Perhaps, some time in the future, people will somehow be able to fly like Superman. Perhaps, some time in the future, we will be able to monitor the mods, condition, owner, and exact number of cars on Earth.

I'm just breaking your balls a bit man, no hard feelings. :D

There's just no way to do what you want to do.

I hear ya,.... and I certainly don't have the time to put the effort into organising it. But if everybody on this site that owned a turbobuick chimed in, we'd have a start. Even if it was only 20 or so starting out for a certain year,..as the months went on .... what if we had a hundred or a couple hundred 84 gn's accounted for? We'd start getting an idea of just how rare or not so rare our cars may be. One thing we do know is exactly how many where made each year. Just a thought.

and I CAN fly like Superman btw. Everytime I'm visiting my neighbors wife and he comes home early,... I'm streaking faster than a speeding bullet, out the bedroom, through the hall, and out the second story window landing safely in the bushes in my back yard, safely outa site,.. with nothing on but my little red undies :biggrin:

my85grandnation said:
Here is the total rundown on the numer of turbo cars made in 84 and 85 this is straight out of the Buick Facts and Figures book.

2,000 GN's
3,401 T-Types

2,102 GN's
2,100 T-Types

Now I can account for at least three 85 turbo cars are still in existance because I own them. :D
Make that another '85 WH1. To bad the owner before me painted it white (I have owned the car for ten years.) One day she will be back to the WH1 colors ;)

Unfortunately my car lost it's hot-air setup back in '99. It's still an '85 though!

one 84 here

one 84 saved here, also one 87 parted out from unrepairable cancer.....

well a friend of mine started www.hotairbuick.com for a registry of the 84-85 cars and there you can see how many are still left, and if some of you guys havent registered yet plese do so there is a e-mail to write to and brian will put it on the list there has to beabout 100 now on there.