You can type here any text you want

How Many Gnx`s Are Still Running?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86TexasT

Does anyone have any Idea how many of these are still around:confused: . I know of 4 in Houston, Texas. Two of the owners are Houston Buick Club members. We are putiing #186 in the Houston Autorama with 5 other Buicks (TURBO T, WH1, GSX, GS STAGE1, & GS CONVERT.) I just wondered in case anyone at the show asked:) .

You could check the registries... though theres going to be a lot that arent registered im guessing.. I can tell you this though, there are a LOT less than people realize..

I know of at least one confirmed dead , I bought the wheels,drivers fender, dash plaque and some trim parts off it for my old 87 wanted to buy the rear setup but did not have the cash at the time, engine/ trans were already sold. car was between reading/ allentown pa and had hit a bridge almost head on to the pass side it was hit so hard the pass door tore the stricker plate and about a foot of the quarter panel off the car Crazy, guy told me he was crusing along about 75-80 mph and fell asleep. this was about 1996 -1997 when I bought the stuff. it was # 317 or maybe 371 something like that.

What pains me terribly is, I know of at least 5 dead right off the top of my head... and thats not the half of it. theres 2 around here, that are just run ragged. theyre driven as if they were 87 mustang gt's. I sometimes have nightmares over it lol. I can guarantee you, that if we keep on this path, a numbers matching hemi cuda will have NOTHING on this car in the next 20 years.

Thats what makes them so valuable, you hate to let them sit, but driving them means, damage or wrecks, and then the numers lessen, values rise. I say drive a GN park a GNX, they arent that much better, they are just worth that much more. GN plus $3k in parts = GNX beater

What pains me terribly is, I know of at least 5 dead right off the top of my head... and thats not the half of it. theres 2 around here, that are just run ragged. theyre driven as if they were 87 mustang gt's. I sometimes have nightmares over it lol. I can guarantee you, that if we keep on this path, a numbers matching hemi cuda will have NOTHING on this car in the next 20 years.

When I worked for the Conley`s back in early '90s, a doctor had a daily driver GNX with 90,000 miles on it:eek: (this was the early '90s). But I guess that was an inexpensive driver for a doctor, still sad.:frown:

Back