How many Grand National are left?

Maybe we should set up a roll call giving out everyone a number. Don't know if that will work but it worth a try.

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

I can't help but think of all the large cities, and how many each city and it's surrounding burbs contain. I figure 2 decently big cities per state at 150 per city would be 15,000.

Out of 30000 GNs and 20000 T-Types/Ts I'll guess 15000 GNs and 5000 Ts exist. Now how many of those see regular use is probably far less. At any of the regular shows I have gone to I'm usually the only Buick but there is a 64 GS and a 72 Riviera I see regularly. If I do see another TR at a show, its always a GN. Since the GN was more popular, Ts were probably seen as disposable.

Here in Ct , the cruise nights and shows , you'd see a Gn/T every so often . I know quite a few people with them around me . Some go to cruises/shows , others are more drag strip visitors . I haven't seen an X in the wild here in Ct since 2003 though . When I take my X to cruises/shows , the comments I get are " is it real ? " , and " I've never seen a real one in person " .

When I goto car shows here in Ohio and even some in Michigan I rarely ever see any TBs. When I goto a big show like Detroits autorama, I maybe see one GN there, last year there were none. So even a large well known show like that they are few and far between. Whenever I take my car to any show I am almost always the only TB there. But I definitely see them slowly starting to gain momentum as I think those people who grew up with them when they were new are getting older now and as the cycle goes most people like to own what they had when they were young. You can already see some of this trend in the prices of the cars at auctions, hard to argue that the TBs are probably one of the most desired collectible cars from the 80s. It's hard to guess how many are left but actually even the total production numbers for all TBs for all years around the 30k+ mark that actually isn't that high, just think 240k 69 camaros were made that one year alone so even if all of TBs made were still on the road that really isn't that many.

I know of at least 13 TB in the greater Rochester NY area , but never more than 2 at all the cruise-in's that I've been to . We had 4 at one show last summer , but we all knew each other and planned to meet there .

I can count 29 turbo cars that I can remember all were 84-87.I might of had a few more. 20 of them no longer exist. Before everybody starts complaining they were too far gone meaning rotted,rusty,smashed or already half stripped when I got them. I wasn't the guy who let them deteriorate to the point where I found them. But I was able to harvest parts to help the others live on. I think there is a lot of people in CT and that's why there are so many of these cars here.probably also helps that the cops had them here when new and people knew what they were.this is just my opinion of course

IMO there are probably little less than half left (say 40%) of all TRs Heck back in the late 90's when I would hit the local car shows & cruises hard I would be the only TR most of the time. I thinks T's are more adversely affected by attrition because they were rarely stashed away like GNs were (less popular) & with less than 10k total T's produced for all years. With the T's I kinda think there are well under 25% left.

There's a lot. Probably much more than half of all produced. Not rare at all. I've owned and worked on these cars for 20+ years and every year I discover more and more local cars that i never knew about. Plenty of them sitting in people's garages that have been there a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk