how many people get tired of there TR

I sold my 87 TR 2 years ago. I owned it for six years. First couple of years was fun, since it was stock with only upgraded injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, race chip. It ran low 12's all day long. As soon as I decide to invest good $$ into it like, rebuilt motor with billet caps, Champion heads, bigger cam, Fast system, race tranny, big turbo, front mount, etc. I started having breakage, leaks, head gasket issues and some electronic problems. It became a nightmare very quickly. I would spend to many hours on this car chasing problems. It was a hard decision when I sold my car, but when they came to pick it up I had a heavy weight lifted off my shoulders. I miss having a GN and one day I would like to own another one but this time I'm keeping stock or slightly mod.:eek: I learned my lesson the first time.:rolleyes:

I'm on my 2nd one. Decided to buy one allready moded and then the trans. went three months after I got it. It sat for a year(lack of funds). Just got it back togeather and made it to the track and it went 11's and I hope to go even faster in the spring. I'm 24 and have been wanting one of these cars since the first time I saw one.

Modded cars are modded cars. **** brakes, you just have to accept that. Yeah it pisses you off. I got the new trans. in mine and then coil went out. Took it out for some fun this past weekend and broke a rocker shaft. This is the first car I have had that is both quiet and fast. Which to me is the best of both worlds. But on the other hand it's not my daily driver and I wouldn't have it that way. It's a weekend fun car.

I agree totally on the manual comment. The buick is the only car that I would own that is an auto. I just bought a z06 for a daily driver, well untill it starts snowing...... It's a completely different car though.

Looks like all the people that don't drive their Turbo Buicks forgot their Prozac on the same day. :eek: :p

If you need to move on there's forums for your gay daily drivers like trucks, ricers, Ferds, and even mini-vans :biggrin: , and other "beaters". :cool:

Kinda ironic too, since many of those owners would love to own a Turbo Buick. ;)

Just the taxes on another type of newer car would snag enough money for a good mod. or two on a TR and certainly as much as general yearly maintenance on one of them.

They work out just fine as good as any other daily driver. :)

+ 2

Looks like all the people that don't drive their Turbo Buicks forgot their Prozac on the same day. :eek: :p

If you need to move on there's forums for your gay daily drivers like trucks, ricers, Ferds, and even mini-vans :biggrin: , and other "beaters". :cool:

Kinda ironic too, since many of those owners would love to own a Turbo Buick. ;)

Just the taxes on another type of newer car would snag enough money for a good mod. or two on a TR and certainly as much as general yearly maintenance on one of them.

They work out just fine as good as any other daily driver. :)

Ive had 5 TR's and I think I have driven a total of about 100 miles on all of them put together. i love my modded car but with the way the cost of parts are, I think I may end up getting out of the Buicks sometime soon. Seems like I ask for a bolt in the "PARTS WANTED" section and I get fifteen replies saying " I have one, $48 plus shipping." Good thing I have a good set of Buick buddies that help me out when they can, otherwise I wouldnt be able to afford to have one sit in my garage, let alone drive it!

haha I laugh when I read all the post. Its def a love hate relationship. Im getting scared cause I like keeping the stock long block cause seems like when you start getting into a built motor or stage II it seems like people loose interest. I dont know what it is ....if you loose the driveability or people keep on breaking parts. Im in the process of buying a built motor from Razor now I'm getting scared!!

Im on my second one as well...the first one was beaut..I bought it sight unseen from Florida, didn't know about this board or these cars in specifics. Got it up to Chicago, instead of 19,000 the car had 119,000 a bad wastegate solenoid, blown turbo, and leaky antifreeze coupling. Could barely and didn't change my own oil back then....Sold it because I was a grown man living in my mother's basement...Fast forward four years, bought another one...the car thats in my sig....I just rebuilt the whole fuel system fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump hangar everything...I have learned more about myself just from working on this car....but.....

It's on Ebay right now...but if it doesn't sell...Ill still wake up a happy man...:smile:

QUOTE]

:eek: I was thinking along those same lines......

Just like my buudy told another guy...

Mustangs are like tampons, only pu$$ies have them! I thought that was very funny.

Just like my buddy told another guy...

Mustangs are like tampons, only pu$$ies have them! I thought that was very funny.

The only thing Im tired of is waiting to buy parts:mad: damn 3 credit cards maxxed out and I can't make money fast enough!

Santa, could you please bring me a bag of money?

I've been good:wink:

wow this thread still up!! i was having a bad day when wrote that i couldnt get the car to tune for nothing! so i took turbo intercooler..etc off sold it and i am starting with a fresh combo next year. i actually cant wait to do some nice boost runs!!

sucker

you guys are jokers, to complain about a 20 year old car costing money and not being reliable.

a new car is about 3-500 bucks to lease or own a month. driving a turbo is not for everyone. thats why ive got one to drive.

check this out. 140k and its my dd and winter beater. had the engine rebuilt and painted. its a 85, so theres no market for resale and its rusting. ya lm a sucker cause l am saving for a typhoon. love them or hate them, but you got to drive em. once your girlfriend becomes your wife you cant help but stare at what else is out there.

Attachments

• buick.jpg
    buick.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 139
you guys are jokers, to complain about a 20 year old car costing money and not being reliable.

a new car is about 3-500 bucks to lease or own a month. driving a turbo is not for everyone. thats why ive got one to drive.

check this out. 140k and its my dd and winter beater. had the engine rebuilt and painted. its a 85, so theres no market for resale and its rusting. ya lm a sucker cause l am saving for a typhoon. love them or hate them, but you got to drive em. once your girlfriend becomes your wife you cant help but stare at what else is out there.

Your suppose to drive a Turbo Regal?:confused: :smile: I better get going... had my T for 4 years.. and only put about 100 miles on it...:eek:

yeah i got sick of mine too. When i moved to TX and was driving home regularly i bought a 04 GTO for a DD. That thing was so sweet and never broke. But, my GN never broke either, 2 trips cross country and all with 100k miles on it. But after having the GTO for awhile I got sick of the buick, and finally #1 let go on the motor, trans was slipping, and body mounts were gone, so i parked it for 1.5 years. When the GTO was gone i got it out and rebuilt the entire car, but added a 6.0L and 4l80e and a 76mm turbo since it was cheaper than building the V6 and now i love it. Still want to sell it and buy another GTO for cash, but i just keep working on it and making it better and better. Plus i make more power with the stock LS1 then a built v6. Plus the reliability is rediculous and the STOCK trans will take as much abuse as a built 200r4. Nice having cheap parts and tuning software on ever corner too.
Bottom line is i loved my buick, but wanted more. After the GTO i wanted both, so i made one and dont regret it in the least.
Gary

Part of the problem is not that the cars are now 20 years old, it's alot of these cars SIT to damn long, then people take em out a beat the crap out of them.......and they break!! My GN was a DD before the new paint(well amost done anyways)but it won't be next year. BUT I can tell ya it's going to see regular street duty, or Salvage will kill me.............:D

Ken B.

wellll I guess I am at 20 years old. I DD a limited around town, Just got out of a nasty longer term relationship and it's been other problems from there. The one thing that still puts a grin on my face is this car. Just had 1 of my buick "mentors" help me put on alky thing runs great with 20 lbs of boost. I like to think being a young guy willing to learn has been a positive for some of the more knowledgable Buick guys who have really lended a hand and then some. Us young guys really need you knowledgable guys to answer questions and pass the torch so don't all of you sell your cars! I spend hours a day lurking just reading all the stuff you guys have to say. Anyway, just wanted to express my appreciation and maybe put a positive spin on things. Brian
Brian: You can't imagine how happy I am that my old daily driver which served me so well for about 6 or 7 years as a dd is now serving you as a dd as well. In all that time, it only let me down once that I remember, and that was due to the crank sensor going out about 2 weeks after having the waterpump replaced. I had it towed to Blvd Buick in Signal hill & Daryl took care of it for me. Other than that, it never let me down.
Not quite as pristine as the garage slut that I now own, didn't have all of the aftermarket suspension equipment that mine does now, and didn't have all of the bolt on stuff that is on mine now, but it is truly a great car, and I am glad to know that you are taking better care of it than I was.