How much Alky flow thru the line....

brian

How much Alky flow thru the line when disconnected from the nozzle inlet when pushing the test button with Julio`s kit?
Mine will "spurt" out and then have a pretty light flow following it.
The car ran 11.7`s-11-8`s today, at 23 psi. Alky consumption was LESS then 1 inch of alky TOTAL as measured on the bottle, for 4 passes and three hard pulls going to the track. As well as a few spirited starts from lights! This would seem to be far less than 1.5 oz per second.
I have used less than 1/4 of the overflow tank provided for numerous testing, and todays runs.

Reason I ask is...
Went to the track today, and the 02#`s dropped each pass, with no other changes. I have never had any more than 1 degree of knock since installing this kit until today.
Started off at 800 0 KR thru the traps on the 1st pass. 777 1.4 KR, 2nd pass, 769 26.3 :eek: KR 3rd pass, and 757 15.7 KR on the 4th pass.

On the last pass I bumped the Alky during the run from 6 1/2 to 8 (max) with no 02 change at all. I am thinking a clogged filter, or maybe more pump adjustments may be needed. My settings in the controller are factory preset, and the #`s have been great on the street, and great the time before when I had the car at the track.

This car will sit untouched for 3-4 weeks without being driven. Maybe a pump issue from lack of use?

Thanks, Brian

Brian, your not suppossed to see a lot of flow when you hit the test button.

You have to go back to step 1.. does the car stumble while idling and you hit the test button... You have an LED that changes color when the pump makes pressure.. when you go into boost make sure it changes from red to green... And this should happen pretty early on.. like at 10-12 PSI boost. If it doesnt.. then dont put the car at 30 PSI :eek:

Check dumb things like hoses to map sensor. And if your fuel pump is taking a dive.. no amount of alky will correct that.

Razor,
Thanks for the info....
I did a bit more looking and poking around under the hood yesterday. The front of my a/c compressor is brown, and looks burned. Looks like the clutch inside it may not be to happy.:redface: So, I am leaning towards this as being the knock/low 02 cause. During the run it may be screwing something up, as there was an abnormal sound coming from under the hood during the last 2 runs.:confused:

Thanks, Brian

How much Alky flow thru the line when disconnected from the nozzle inlet when pushing the test button with Julio`s kit?
Mine will "spurt" out and then have a pretty light flow following it.
The car ran 11.7`s-11-8`s today, at 23 psi. Alky consumption was LESS then 1 inch of alky TOTAL as measured on the bottle, for 4 passes and three hard pulls going to the track. As well as a few spirited starts from lights! This would seem to be far less than 1.5 oz per second.
I have used less than 1/4 of the overflow tank provided for numerous testing, and todays runs.

Reason I ask is...
Went to the track today, and the 02#`s dropped each pass, with no other changes. I have never had any more than 1 degree of knock since installing this kit until today.
Started off at 800 0 KR thru the traps on the 1st pass. 777 1.4 KR, 2nd pass, 769 26.3 :eek: KR 3rd pass, and 757 15.7 KR on the 4th pass.

On the last pass I bumped the Alky during the run from 6 1/2 to 8 (max) with no 02 change at all. I am thinking a clogged filter, or maybe more pump adjustments may be needed. My settings in the controller are factory preset, and the #`s have been great on the street, and great the time before when I had the car at the track.

This car will sit untouched for 3-4 weeks without being driven. Maybe a pump issue from lack of use?

Thanks, Brian
for safety sake i always prime my system everytime i goto the burnout box because the one time i didnt i got alot ok knock and i looked over and the light was red and not green