You can type here any text you want

How much better are leir seigler seats?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JRC86GN

How much better are leir seigler seats?

are they more comfortable? more supportive? How do they compare to stock bucket seats? Are they worth the investment as a upgrede?

Thanks
Jack

I re did a set and put them in my 1987 GN and I can tell you they look 10 times better than the stock and are more comfortable ,but be prepared to spend around $1,200 to get them recovered right ...

Yes,Yes,Better and Yes. You could also get a set of Pro-Cars from Summits or Jegs for 1/4 of the price of a reconditioned lier seigler set.

kirban 2 cents worth

Without any question those early style Turbo Regal Lear Seigler seats offer far more support and comfort. They may not look more comfortable but they are. Besides finding a pair in good shape it is even tougher to find one that has a power drivers seat option.

That is one feature for whatever reason never reached production in 1986 or 1987. Although rumor has it 1-2 were produced in 1986 and was planned for production I believe. I am going from memory on that.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few Turbo Regals, some even escaped GM with good paint.

I just sold a pair from an 83 Firebird. The were nice, didn't have the leather insert, all velour. Totally adjustable and very comfortable. As mentioned for what they cost you have many other options.

BTW I did a little research and Lear Siegler didn't just make seats for GM. Seats in the Mustangs and Thunderbird Turbo Coupe as well as Lincoln LSC had their seats. Some of them the shape is very close to the GN seats.

I loved the Lear seats in my 84. The side bolsters are adjustable for people of all sizes. (Adjustable via Knobs on side of the seats) Great Support too!

I just sold a pair from an 83 Firebird. The were nice, didn't have the leather insert, all velour. Totally adjustable and very comfortable. As mentioned for what they cost you have many other options.

BTW I did a little research and Lear Siegler didn't just make seats for GM. Seats in the Mustangs and Thunderbird Turbo Coupe as well as Lincoln LSC had their seats. Some of them the shape is very close to the GN seats.

Did they bolt right into the buick?
Thanks
Jack

kirbans 2 cents worth

I seriously doubt seats from the above mentioned Ford products would bolt directly into the Turbo Buick studs. However, with basically the same vintage seats I would imagine seat widths would be pretty much the same making it easy to do a little fabrication for floor brackets to make them work.

Lets face it, almost every street rod you see seats have been fabricated from other vehicles to work.

I am in the midst of stripping a 1984 Grand National that has a set of original Lear Seigler seats. Making them very rare is the fact the driver seat is a power seat.

Both seats need to be redone especially the drivers seat. Although the design was great the cloth portion of the seats don't hold up as well after 23-24 years.
Kind of bulky to ship.

Email me if this perks your interest as I also have the matching rear seat which I think is in really nice shape.

My email is denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few 1986-1987 Turbo Regals some had brake problems some had busted power antennas.

a friend of mine has an 86 wh1 with lier leather seats in it,pretty sure their original to the can,and i believe its a limited.

kirbans 2 cents worth

Concerning above comments they did not make Limited Turbo Regals in 1986. They did make 2 tone T-Type Regals and they did make very few with the leather pillow style Limited seats in either tan or grey leather. They are quite rare. The pillow style seats would not be the Lear Sieglar style seats. So something with what you stated is not correct. Hope that does not confuse you.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned quite a number of 1986-1987 Turbo Regals even some rare examples.

I was going to get them on my 86 - it was an option on the United Buying Service sheet I filled out when placing the order for my GN - but then I saw the LS leather seats on an 86 GN at a Buick dealership in Baltimore and they were butt ugly IMO. It was a combo of cloth and leather that made the seat look like a cheap attempt a leather interior.

If one looks at the usual GN seat, it is black on the edges and gray down the center - the leather is only on the gray area. I would not have selected that option if it were only $50 just due to the appearance.

kirban 2 cents worth

From what I remember and understand it was planned to be continued to be offered in the 1986 Turbo models, but for some reason the Lear Seigler seat option never made it into production. This is not to say a few did not see actual production. Keep in mind brochures etc always came out prior to production in any given year and was subject to change.

You can see this happened to several of the unpopular T-Type and Turbo-T colors that were discontinued in mid year runs etc.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Know enough about these cars to keep it interesting

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that the Ford, etc seats would bolt right in. With a little work I am sure they could be made to. I was just stating if you wanted something similar in appearance they exist in OEM form. I was under the impression that someone was interested in putting Lear or any other seats that were no original in there car.
from what I understand the Firebird seats would fit the same tracks as G-body seats would. The guy I sold them to is putting them in his 73 Camaro. Not sure if he is using his tracks or the 3rd gens that came with them.

Dennis while we are on the subject of seats and rarity.... how rare would a 86 T Type with cloth regular split bench seat be? Mine is light chestnut with tan cloth. I have seen them with buckets, leather and the 40/40 bench with tall console, but not another like mine.
I am sure t would only be a guesstimate but your insight is appreciated.

Back