how much boost

wooooof

I am sure this question has been asked several times but here it is. how much boost will a stock turbo put out with alky? Just looking to see if it is worth my money to put the alky with a stock turbo or go with a turbo first.

I am sure this question has been asked several times but here it is. how much boost will a stock turbo put out with alky? Just looking to see if it is worth my money to put the alky with a stock turbo or go with a turbo first.

Put the alky on and get it running right with the stock turbo first. I see you started another thread where you need to get the car running right first, and that comes before alky or a turbo.

Enough to drive over the crank.

I didn't think a stocker would generate that much pressure. Hmm.

i did it on a stock turbo a couple of years ago but it was wayyyyyyyy past its efficiency lol and it will not last long like that! no reason to go past the 23 mark on a stocker

Im going to run "all of it" on a stock motor with alky and see. I have a new motor if theres a malfuntion.

I run about 25 on a stocker with no alky, but e85 instead. No times to report.....yet.

Search some threads by author "kevins" on here. Seems to me like he was pushing 30 on the sticker before switching to a 5831. I could be wrong.

I run about 25 on a stocker with no alky, but e85 instead. No times to report.....yet.

Search some threads by author "kevins" on here. Seems to me like he was pushing 30 on the stocker before switching to a 5831. I could be wrong.

Close but not quite. With the waste gate completely closed off the most the stock turbo would push on my car was 27psi but that was only in first gear then would fade back down to 24-25psi in 2nd and 3rd. In this configuration it would "probably" run 11.7's on the bone stock engine with 87 octane and meth inj. but I quickly bought a precision 5831 and was pushing it to 35psi and 87oct/meth. I sold the car last weekend and never got a chance to run it and now I will be picking up a TT Mustang (700hp on 93oct @ 17psi) next weekend in Dallas TX.

ks

I pushed the stock turbo to 30psi and alky. No difference in power from 24-25psi on up. 26-27psi on a 49 turbo and same exact combo netted 11.3 in the 1/4. Bolted on a 61 at 26-27psi and ran 11.4 with converter unlucked and half tuned. All my tuning back then was a scanmaster and plug reading.
There is a point where a stock head can only flow so much, with the right turbo in its efficiency range, max power can be achieved. Seems like 11.0 is roughly where stock motors are limited with good tuning.

I didn't think a stocker would generate that much pressure. Hmm.
It will, but no volume. Pressure without volume is overworking the turbo and creating immense charge air heat. The stocked can't do at 30psi what a larger turbo can at 15-20.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

a turbo will put out what ever you want it to for the most part but where it is efficient is another thing. Also the turbo psi is limited w using straight pump gas. some can push 19 on pump gas w nothing else and some can't go past 16lbs. it all really depends on your car and the tune. so even if you went bigger turbo your psi will be limited if using pump gas. obviously get the car running good w supporting mods fuel pump hot wire etc then worry about going bigger. If you have a good foundation start w alky and once you get tired of stock turbo then upgrade..