You can type here any text you want

how much oil is circulating in top of 600 hp 109

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

YAKO

I have a a stroker 109 with custom alu pan and am wondering how much oil is still at 5000 rpm .total 6 qts

There are too many things that can effect this. I typically race with 4.5-5 quarts in my and the oil hot. More doesn't help anything.

So are you telling me that 4 to 4.5 qts in the pan and .75 qt in the filter i am OK....VOLUME WISE..my pan sump is baffled,I am useing yellow spring in pump 60 lbs cold

YAKO said:
So are you telling me that 4 to 4.5 qts in the pan and .75 qt in the filter i am OK....VOLUME WISE..my pan sump is baffled,I am useing yellow spring in pump 60 lbs cold

I can't say for sure you are ok. When i say in the pan i mean in the pan. Not including what's trapped in the filter or other areas of the engine. I run the pickup about a half inch off the bottom of the pan. I use 10w-40 oil typically when the temps are between 60 and 90 degrees. I wait till the oil is hot. Not to be confused with the water temp. I've never had a problem. If you have a differed pan, higher viscosity oil, it's not up to temp, less drain back, a high volume pump with looser clearances you may need more oil in the pan then me.

Back