how much time off the 1/4 mile

mikes gn

how much time do you think these mods have shaved off 1/4 mile times.

open k&n filter
polished stock turbo
reds 93 chip
after market ext
no cat
running 20lbs of boost
and i run 100 octane
i do have the scan master and i'm picking up 0 knock.

just wondering what it might be running in the 1/4

thanks.

i'm running 275/50r15 ta/s
would a 3 in down pipe do much for me?/ i was told not untill i get into low 11's. but reading i'm thinking i should of did when the cat came off..

i was hoping for mid 12's
what do i need to do to get mid or even a tad lower et's

thanks

I've got basically the same mods except I have a 3" dp and I ran 8.30's through the 1/8, this was on ET streets, and 18psi. Guess that would be high 12's through the 1/4.

Read my sig. That is on BFG dr's and 22 lbs of boost. I like Turbo Tweaks chip.

You don't need the downpipe for awhile. How about direct scan?? You can pick up a laptop that'll run it cheap and the program retails for 250 and comes up in the parts for sale section occasionally. You could probably put a settup together for around $300 which is cheaper than a good downpipe.

Direct Scan will really help you tune at the track and make maximum use of your time there. You will be able to store tons of information that will help you dial in your car and make the most of what you have. There is no sense adding parts until you know where your at and have tuned what you have for max performance.

According to http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/Staged1.html

You should be between 13.10-14.30. This page is pretty accurate and if you follow it you should do alright. Don't start buying parts for the next stage until you are running the suggested times for the stage your in. For example your probably somewhat in stage 2 right now. A downpipe doesn't come into play until stage 4 meaning you should have made the mods and be running the times indicated in stage 3 before you even think of a downpipe. If you can't run the times indicated for your stage then you need to figure out why. Adding other performance parts may just somewhat cover up a problem that needs to be resolved, ie flat cam, bad valve springs, cracked header, etc, etc, etc, or just add no performance at all. Tons of people have had success with this cost effective recipe and its an excellent place for a new person to start.

If its your first time to the track you will be probably be pretty slow until you get your launch down and your car tuned. Don't get frustrated, it takes time. I've finally had some time to take my car to the track several times this year and each week I'm a little faster. I still don't believe I've got mine maxed out yet but its slowly getting there. Once you have the car running what it should with the parts it has then you can start thinking about adding stuff. Good Luck.

salvageV6 said:
13.0-13.2

What tires?

The stock car is supposed to run 13.9 or so? With an additional 5 pounds of boost, chip, and 100octane, it doesnt break 13 even?

Most ran 14.2 factory.

Assuming radial TA's they suck for racing, so 13.2 would be good.

Hope it does break 13.0 even but I am doubting it, plus it's summer, the 13.9 pass was at about 40 degree temps. from what I remember from that article.

Get it to the track and find out. :cool:

i do plan on getting to the track at least once this year. i'll try rock falls
speed way as it's only about 20 miles or so from me.. any one ever go there?

20 psi boost with stock turbo, Open K&N, dump pipe, chip, slicks, larger brake cylinders , adj regulator and syclone pump. All with at least 104 octane gas

12.6 to 12.8 summer

12.3 to 12.4 cool fall weather (10 - 12 psi launch) 109.5 mph

You need to upgrade your pump soon or you will learn how to change head gaskets.

Mike

I would guess mid 13's of higher. Rock falls sucks for traction. I've seen a couple of stock gn's run there in the low 15's. The first time I went there the best I could do was 12.88 with 24 # of boost and a bad cam.

Sorry to hijack but has anybody posted a et loss by degree range. Whats the loss ie between 60-80 degrees for instance? Moodym shows about 3-4 tenths difference between summer and fall. Is that about right?