How the hell do you spool the turbo?

Sandman_GN85

Someone help me?
Well I was out screwing with my car and all I hear from pple is that turbo's make a wicked sounding noise when they spool. Obviously I have not had this car long so I have no clue. How can I get it to spool up when I am just reving it, and how do I get it to spool when I want to ummm go :D . Thanks

Spooling the turbo just means buildig boost. When you hear the turbo whistling, you are "spooling" it. Direct result of pushing down on the accelerator.

YEP YEP

just dont spool the turbo to much u might light the tires up and scare the 5.0 away

brent:D

Don't try to spool the turbo in neutral or park. With it in DRIVE press your left foot hard on the brake pedal, and with your right foot, start pressing on the gas. You'll notice the car wants to go but can't. Watch the boost lights light up, and when you've lit up about four or five, let up on the brake, then floor the gas pedal. It it results in wheelspin, back off the boost a little until you find the perfect launch. If your car still has the stock turbo on it, it won't make as much noise as a bigger one. As you modify your car it helps spool-up of your turbo.

Originally posted by Men in Black
Don't try to spool the turbo in neutral or park. With it in DRIVE press your left foot hard on the brake pedal, and with your right foot, start pressing on the gas.

Umm, I've got just a small problem with this. Hmm, hold brake, press gas. That tends to make nice big smokey burnouts, which is fine but not much good for gettin a good launch.

Just driving these cars hurts the tranny lol. Honestly though, if you do it enough on a stock tranny, there can be failure.. But you don't have to burn the tired out everytime. Every car is different, but what you want to do is build up some turbo boost so when you launch, you wont have any turbo lag. If I pin my car from a dead stop, it bogs. If i launch at 5psi@, i'll pull good and hard, and i get some tire spin, but only when i take off. The key is to find that zone in your TR