You can type here any text you want

how to: convert carbs to EFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I believe a few members here have done turbocharged L36s in either TRs or F bodies; i think you can find them in the Hybrid section; do a search that includes from the beginning, not just the last month...custom chip is the way to go; and i think someone here sells them, or a vendor has a chip already; depending on the set up :) costs? expect around $2K-5K for all the work, rebuilt L36; turbo set up, transmission, (you could even source a F body 5 speed manual and itd fit; if you like rowing gears lol) exhaust system to conform to Cal Emissions, and Chip reflashing/tuning. you could MAYBE find a wrecked L36 F body and source just about everything but the turbo and intercooler; and save yourself some money.....there's a wrecked F body in Salem, Oregon that has the L36 Series 2 engine; but parts of it is missing....you're in California, correct? the yards around SHOULD at least have them in there; if not completely stripped and crushed by now...the L67s usually get pulled with everything and sold online or pulled by yards to sell to specific shops; so L36s are easier to find....but finding a F body L36 with the aluminum intake manifold and not the plastic one; might be the hard part...tho there's the one in Salem, Oregon that has it....takes a bit of searching around;

costs? expect around $2K-5K for all the work, rebuilt L36; turbo set up, transmission, (you could even source a F body 5 speed manual and itd fit; if you like rowing gears lol) exhaust system to conform to Cal Emissions, and Chip reflashing/tuning.

That sounds very reasonable to me.

You'll need to get the parts off a 4th gen Camaro engine wise and then go from there. The one that's been posted here did a turbo system on it and seems to do quite well with it. Very few mods and if I remember right he's already gotten into the 10's without any issues.

anyone have a suggestion on where to search for a L67 or L36 engine? i've been googling and can't find anything for less than about $3,000.

that is an awesome buy! you may also wanna check local yards for pricing too, but damn thats is a good price for a relatively good L67! looks like might need work; all the wiring, pcm, etc, the ancillary parts would need to be sourced from an F body; or online....though this will help alot because you're basically starting from scratch and i think there IS a wiring kit that will allow you to pick and choose stuff...

that is an awesome buy! you may also wanna check local yards for pricing too, but damn thats is a good price for a relatively good L67! looks like might need work; all the wiring, pcm, etc, the ancillary parts would need to be sourced from an F body; or online....though this will help alot because you're basically starting from scratch and i think there IS a wiring kit that will allow you to pick and choose stuff...

nice! well.. this is what i'm shooting for, though an engine purchase won't happen right now. some time in the next year.

i'm looking at doing three engines, though i have a feeling i may get flammed for two of them. LOL:

1. the V-6 i posted. assuming it's stout enough of a block/crank to handle 400whp. will take lots of extra time to hunt down parts/learn which parts to buy, and who knows how much $$$. i'm told a TH400 trans will bolt right up??
2. 2JZGTE. i can make LOTS of power without having to crack the engine open. they sell adapter plates to run a TH400 trans, which is a huge bonus for me. i want to keep the car A/T. i have found these used, with A/T trans/ECUs for around $2,500-2,800.
3. RB26DETT. i can make all the power i want and get the engine/harness/etc pretty cheap. i have a guy that "says" he can get me one under $2k. i haven't seen one that cheap.. so this engine is probably a no-go.. especially since we'd most likely have to billet an adapter plate to run an auto trans.

my flame suit is on.

Back