You can type here any text you want

How to Flash XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
I'm trying to flash my XFI module but it's not working. Key on, I connect then disconnect. When I try to flash it, it says there's a communication error on COM 5 (where I have the USB mapped). I know it works because it connects fine otherwise. Any ideas?

Getting closer to a Buick inferno.

Jim

Are you putting the XFI into Flash mode? Are you using an adaptor harness or a stand alone harness?

Are you putting the XFI into Flash mode? Are you using an adaptor harness or a stand alone harness?

I'm using Casper's harness. I thought that with that harness that I could connect the ALDL pins just like I was pulling codes. I haven't tried grounding PIN A21 yet, which I guess should be the next step.

I thought a COM error was strange, though.

Jim

Jumpering the ALDL will work with the adaptor harness unless you wired in a thumbwheel. Are the SES light on the dash and Crank light on the XFI flashing when you jumper it? If so, then you just need to click File/Flash XFI with your laptop plugged in and NOT online

Jumpering the ALDL will work with the adaptor harness unless you wired in a thumbwheel. Are the SES light on the dash and Crank light on the XFI flashing when you jumper it? If so, then you just need to click File/Flash XFI with your laptop plugged in and NOT online

Yeah, that's what I was doing but I'm not getting the crank light flashing or the SES light.

I'll have to try grounding the A21 wire I guess.

Thanks,
Jim

I got it figured out. Works as described - I'm just an idiot.

AFR is still 9.xx after flashing the XFI.

Jim

Back