You can type here any text you want

how to launch on vac brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
ok so I know there is a ton of people running vac brakes. I for one am not a fan my problem with them is that I cannot launch anywhere near as hard with them compared to powermaster units. is there a trick. everytime I try to launch I cannot hold the car in place it just pushes through. how can you launch on vac brakes like the power master.

"Just pump it"

As you roll up start modulating the brake pedal. Baby steps to the lights, harder each time until you are at stage then stomp and hold.

http://vimeo.com/m/12389925

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Have you upgraded the rear cylinders to the S10?

What I always did was shift the car into neutral and then rev the engine while holding the pedal down. This usually gave me more travel in the pedal to hold at least 5 psi on stock brakes.

Try both methods. You will find one that works for you. I had a transbrake so I never really launched off the foot. It did hold well when I screwed around.

I was gonna put a brake on trans but funds ran lil short

Yeah, I had to get out of Buicks for a bit so I could sell my soul for more funds to get back into Buick.

I have a vacuum setup also. Found the best way to get a decent hold was to after the burn out box while rolling up to stage. Was to shift to neutral, rev a couple times, shift back to drive and pump the brakes, right at the second stage of lights push firmly and hold down as hard as you can. Was getting about 5-8psi on boost but nothing more befo it would start pushing through. brakes are all stock.

I need to get the rear brake kit from gbody and replace the brakes up front this summer hopefully this helps.

I run S10 rear cylinders and stock shoes and SS lines w/ vacuum brakes. When I hit the brakes on the first bulb, I go into the second bulb and "double" pump the brakes. The second pump really puts a lot more pressure in the system. I can hold 10psi+ but have only found one track that will hold my car at that launch psi.

I can hold 10-12 pounds on the vacuum brakes. Big wheel cylinders and large shoes as well. Works fine on the street too.

Back