You can type here any text you want

How to relieve fuel pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jackie grabos

I have a fuel pressure gauge I would like to install. Instructions say to relieve fuel pressure first. What is the best way to do this. I guess I can bleed off from schrader valve, but was wondering if there is a less messy way to do this? Thanks

Thats the way i have always done it. Just stuff the area with lots of rags or towels so fuel does not go all over the place....

Disconnect the fuel pump connector back by the rear bumper and start the car up. There you go. Fuel pressure will be nothing. Or you can take a vacuum pump and suck the diaphragm of the pressure regulator up and bleed the fuel back to the tank. At $4.25/gallon that will save you $20.;)

fuel pressure

After my car sets for 1 hour according to the fuel pressure gauge at the rail it bleeds off to zero maybe a little left in the line but no pressure

This might sound like a dumb question, I am getting a walbro fuel pump and hot wire kit. It says to reset fuel pressure when installed. What is the range for pressure, 40-43? I have Lucas redstripe injectors 40.1lbs/hr. I am upgrading fuel pump because I realized the previous owner replaced pump with a stock one. I am getting knock around 12lbs of boost and hoping this will fix the problem. Thanks

pressure

the chip maker usually sets the rate for fuel pressure my turbo tweak chip is 43 line off

disconnect the fuel pump connector back by the rear bumper and start the car up. There you go. Fuel pressure will be nothing. Or you can take a vacuum pump and suck the diaphragm of the pressure regulator up and bleed the fuel back to the tank. At $4.25/gallon that will save you $20.;)

x2

+

why disconnect at rear bumper when you can just unplug your f.pump relay.Just my 3 cents.:cool:

Back