You can type here any text you want

how to wire tr6 2 step with dip switch ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

yes I saw it somewhere on this site but can't fined it SLOWGN showed that he hooked up a 10 k knob switch in the cockpit .i want to know how it was wired ?
thanks.

Last edited:
it was an external "potentiometer", Pat's video has the details I think.

Bob

ok will check the video don't think he explained the wiring doe . so it would go fused 12v from fuse box to on off switch to the potentiometer to the orange wire of the tr6 would that be right bob ? looks like the potentiometer has 3 post so the 2 outside post would be the one to use?

the potentiometer has 3 terminals, use the center and one of the outer terms. connect gray wire to one terminal of the potentiometer, the other terminal gets connected to ground (engine ground is best)

the orange trigger wire is connected "normally": 12v----- switch ----- orange wire

To enable this, set the trig limiter setting to 0 (all switches off) and turn Cfg4 on.

Set up this way, the potentiometer setting will control the 2-step RPM.

In version 1.4 and later the tach will read the 2-step RPM any time the 2-step is triggered and the engine is not running. this way you can see what it is set to.

Bob

Last edited:
This works quite well !!

I installed mine in a $3.00 project box from RS with about 3 feet of cable so I can grab the box , make an adjustment and lay it on the floor until I am done making adjustments.

Bryan

the potentiometer has 3 terminals, use the center and one of the outer terms. connect gray wire to one terminal of the potentiometer, the other terminal gets connected to ground (engine ground is best)

the orange trigger wire is connected "normally": 12v----- switch ----- orange wire

To enable this, set the trig limiter setting to 0 (all switches off) and turn Cfg4 on.

Set up this way, the potentiometer setting will control the 2-step RPM.

In version 1.4 and later the tach will read the 2-step RPM any time the 2-step is triggered and the engine is not running. this way you can see what it is set to.

Bob
Hey Bob, in the instructions and on almost every other post I can find, you say to turn cfg 2 ON for the remote rpm switch. I have been trying to get this to work and finally found this thread where you said cfg4. Tried it and it worked. Question, is cfg 2 need to be on or off? And what does it do?

set config 4 on, it provides a "pullup voltage" to the analog input on connector pin 3.

Config 1 - supplies pullup voltage to connector pin 5
Config 2 - supplies pullup voltage to connector pin 6
Config 3 - supplies pullup voltage to connector pin 1 (2-step trigger input)

Back