You can type here any text you want

How we roll on the 4th of July from MAGNA...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Every year we have a huge BBQ over one of our members house. This year we had about 30 turbo Buick's present, a GNX, A turbo six Monte SS, and plenty of Trailblazer SS's among other performance cars. Then we line them up and roll thru a local parade in NJ. Some of the GN's we have a vet ride shot gun with us throwing candy and waving to the crowds. Over 20,000 people show up on this parade route. I would love to have a mic in the crowd when they see over 20 turbo Buicks lined up rolling thru all with the dumps open. I heard many people yelling all kinda cool stuff to me as I rolled thru.

I always wonder if anyone anywhere in the US has any kind of turbo Buick event like this with this big of a public showing of turbo Buick's!? You can have Bowling Green and BPG but NOTHING gets the word out and keeps these cars in the light like a public event like this!! This is the 4th year we have been in this parade and the people go nuts every year!

The pics are here ENJOY... Hoober Palooza 2009 - a set on Flickr and here are some samples....

3690558823_eccf464510_b.jpg

3690578231_28cfde239a_b.jpg

3691485814_a899c70c73_b.jpg

3691486610_0d21b346e6_b.jpg

3691478986_9d3f5f12cc_b.jpg

3691487766_59ae5bd9fa_b.jpg

3690666487_aa90e63f13_b.jpg

attachment.php

Thanks for the compliments guys! Don't worry Jimmy the camera can make any paint look good! :wink: I love these cars from bumper to bumper and we thing we (MAGNA) as a club is try to keep these cars in the light and out there where everyone can see them. That's what it's all about!

I think the coolest part of the parade was when we got to the announcer's booth and the guy talked about the club and the cars and while we rolled thru hundreds of people were clapping and cheering for the cars. That to me makes it all worth while spending all the time I do on them. So others can see them and enjoy the best car Buick ever made just as much as I do!!

Awesome Photos!!!!

looks like a great time.... weather looked perfect.... it rained here:(

Very cool,it's always nice to see people join together for the things that matter.

Great pics .....Nice to hear abt some trailblazer SS's being there also:cool:

Looked like an awesome time! The pic of the vets & the little girl sitting in the t-tops is priceless :)

I took the GN out to the fireworks last night and as I was rolling slowly down the crowd-lined street looking for a good vantage point I heard "Look, A Grand National" at least a dozen times. Makes me feel good :D The t-tops made viewing the fireworks very easy too.

John

Aw, you guys were just jealous fo my cooking thread so you had to come up with this?:eek: :biggrin: Looks like a fun time though.

Great pics .....Nice to hear abt some trailblazer SS's being there also:cool:

Thanks again guys for the compliments! It was a awesome time as always.

We had a red, white, and blue trailblazer SS present so we had to put them in parade! :D

Wow

All I can say is WOW!! What a sight to behold--fantastic, thanks for the pictures.

Ravi

p.s. Is that a TORONTO Dominion Bank in the background? I didn't know TD was in the States.

All I can say is WOW!! What a sight to behold--fantastic, thanks for the pictures.

Ravi

p.s. Is that a TORONTO Dominion Bank in the background? I didn't know TD was in the States.

Yea your sh!t bank took over my Commerce bank down here! I guess it's been a year now since the take over. Commerce was one of the biggest banks around too. I had a nice credit card with them with 7.9 interest for years. TD took over and for no reason out of no where my interest went to 14.9%!! I almost killed them. I have a perfect credit score. Anyways for whatever reason the old card turned into a 14.9% interest card and they moved me to a new card that is 7.9 if you pay 10% of your monthly balance. While I keep a low balance on that card I'm in the clear but I feel bad for people who have some major money on a credit card with them! Shady a$$ Canuks!!! :biggrin:

Wow! That is just awesome. Might try to make that next year.

Back