Humbled smack talker SRT4 tonight

Yea, and im sure that your neon is so reliable to handle all these 10 second pases, lol :rolleyes:

Ok, let's have a poll, what's a nicer car, a base model regal, or a base model neon? :eek: I think i'd try my luck with the grandpa car.... I still see "base model" regals from 84-87 going for $1500-$5000 on ebay, (a 18-20year old car). I've yet to see a mint condition 95 neon( a 11 year old car) go for more than $1200. Sorry man, no comparison. It is pretty cool that dodge decided to do something turbo, but couldn't they pick a better platform?? :confused: :confused: BTW, dump 1000 pounds or so of dead weight into your car, and it'll be even :tongue: ;)

If you think the Neon is ugly, check out the new SRT Dodge Caliber that's supposed to come out next year. I saw it in a Motor Trend Magazine. 300 HP for under $21k is pretty tempting though. The only thing that would steer me away from it is the FWD.

i hadn't seen a caliber in person till i went to vegas last month, and there were a ton of em. fugliest things on the road imho. i'd take a peeon over one of those any day.

hey akslowneon,

#1 not writing this to bash you, but if your so confident in your car then why are you dumping more money into your car for the race. i mean if you was that confident then you would line it up and race the way it was when you disputed the original race to begin with.

#2 drag races are ran from a stop so you really shouldnt be asking to go from a roll.

#3 slicks are what 300-350? hi- performance clutch 250? traction bars 200? i mean thats 800 give or take a few bucks. looking at the mods in the dudes sig of his gn, im sure he isnt running out and dropping more $ into his car for this race, sounds to me like he is confident enough to bring his ride out the same way that it was and go again. i dont know the guy but he might be adding mods the same way you are.

#4 when the race is ran post the video on here or streetfire.net so we can all see it. or better yet go on pinks :D

buickbert

as far as what i call srt4's? i call em neons. if i ever get whooped by an srt4, ill say 'yes, i did indeed get whooped by a neon' I own up to all my ass whoopins accordingly. All 3 of them. 2 supercharged notchback mustangs, and one silver four door twin turbo audi. full of kids. with all the windows rolled down. (found out he had quite a few mods from what the dealer said) tried to tell me it was all stock. at any rate, id tell it like it is if and when it goes down. And do I tell people i own a regal? Why yes I do. I say it all the time. Are the top of the line srt4's ugly? nope. in fact i think theyre quite cool lookin. but to me, theyre still for
1. Delivering pizza.
2. Safely commuting 17 yr. old college girls to and from school.
3. Driver's license tests.
4. for people who couldn't afford anything NICE LOOKING
5. for circus bears to drive (or was that vw bugs? )

as for our cars, (the base models) after theyre 15 years old or so? The regal is INFINITELY cooler than a neon. Youll never in your LIFE see a person trying to troll around for a 15 year old neon, with intentions of pimpin it out. But youll see people KILLIN themselves for an old regal :) And thats a scientific FACT! Id roll a darker coloured 1984 or so, N/A regal 305 ANY day of the week. Throw some radial T/A's with the white lettering on the outside, and a new coat of wax? Hell yea, I'd do it in a minute man. Its a mans car. I still laugh inside, when I see grown men driving srt4's.. lol. As fast as they are (and they are DAM fast) they still dont look right with anything but a highschool chick in em... sorry bro. Your cars definitely bad a$$, but its still a young persons car.. When you come up a little bit, youll grow into a bigger, more comfortable car...... (oh and by the way, if i had that turbo regal that raced you, and i could throw an additional 800 bucks into it? youd lose soo bad, that youd set your car on fire, put on a grand national t shirt, and jump off a bridge)

buickbert said:
hey akslowneon,

#1 not writing this to bash you, but if your so confident in your car then why are you dumping more money into your car for the race. i mean if you was that confident then you would line it up and race the way it was when you disputed the original race to begin with.

#2 drag races are ran from a stop so you really shouldnt be asking to go from a roll.

#3 slicks are what 300-350? hi- performance clutch 250? traction bars 200? i mean thats 800 give or take a few bucks. looking at the mods in the dudes sig of his gn, im sure he isnt running out and dropping more $ into his car for this race, sounds to me like he is confident enough to bring his ride out the same way that it was and go again. i dont know the guy but he might be adding mods the same way you are.

#4 when the race is ran post the video on here or streetfire.net so we can all see it. or better yet go on pinks :D

buickbert
Everyone is thinking this same thing ,,,so in my mind he has lost already..................... :tongue: :tongue:

AKslowNeon said:
this car is very capable of 10 secon passes with proper tires and a better tune.

Aren't they all.

Please make this race happen soon. I'm tired of the BS.

Jim

To go on Pinks would be the $hit! I would love to see that. It would be the ultimate reality check. Hey, what size T shirt do you wear akslowneon? :biggrin:

youd lose soo bad, that youd set your car on fire, put on a grand national t shirt, and jump off a bridge
too funny. :D :D :D

i am also proud to claim my car as a regal. to me, there's something cool about having a car that nobody knows anything about and everybody thinks is a slow POS, but it in fact dominates their ass (aka a sleeper). that's why i kind of like the idea of dodge building a neon that is actually fast. and wurd on the regal being a man's car. since i'm 21 i get a lot of crap from some of my friends for driving "grandpamobiles" and whatnot, but i just laugh at those silly faggots. IMHO, nothing says "manly beast car" like a g-body with some fat slicks out back. my favorite is my buddy that drives a 2000 grand am and talks all kinds of crap on my buicks. of course, he is all style and no substance (you know, the kind of kid that has spiked, frosted hair and wears a sideways visor) and doesn't care a bit about performance; but seriously, what kind of screwed-up sense of style do you have to have to think a GA looks better than a g-body!? or to dress like that kid does and think you are cool, for that matter? fortunately, i do have a few friends that actually have taste in cars, and drive fellow man's cars like BB caddys and buicks, hopped-up old trucks, and old MOPARs and whatnot.

internet gangsta.i hope youre proud and right now you are breaking youre arm patting youreself on the back *edit*

what is the verdict?

drove the SloGN to BG this yr ran it on street tires and pump gas alky 21 psi

and ran a 12.24 @115 and forgot to shift into overdrive. first time on a 1/4 track. oops. with a 2.07 60FT

this guys has got a bigger turbo/ a FMIC and supporting mods this is going to be interesting

I can't bash the SRT those things can be made wickedly fast just like a buick. The biggest problem is traction form it being wrong wheel drive

the reason im "dumping" more money into the car is because A. I was still on the stock clutch when we ran (YES a STOCK Clutch that had 16K miles of hard abuse and many track passes) we were trying to see how far we could take the stock clutch before it went.. well it started going when we upped the boost and put the new turbo on. as for slicks... have you ever tried to race @ over 20PSI on stock tires or worse WINTER low profile tires... and lastly traction bars.. I have them and have had them for a while just never got around to installing them

btw a clutch for our car is not 200 dollars.. I really wish they were though seeing as my 9 puck centerforce cost 680.00 (pp/disk). and my drag radials were around 390+s/h.

anyway I am doing another big turbo install tonight on yet another SRT-4 in town (which will also be tuned for around 21psi on a 50 trim .62 a/r) he should be around 450whp at that boost on pump gas. not too bad. after we finish his car I will be doing the clutch on mine.. hopfully the weather holds so we can get out and find the GN :)

for a quick rundown on mods:
Garrett GT3582R Dual ball bearing turbo (thats why it spooled fast on you). with stage 5 port/clip
Ported log style manifold
Tial 38mm wastegate with recirculated dump tube
4'' turbo back exhaust
Large bar and plate Front mount
Tial 50mm bov
2.5 hard pipes all around
SAFCII for tuning due to AEM EMS issues at 5800rpm conflicting with ecu
Mopar Stage 1 ECU for higher redline
RC 750CC injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel pump
Ported intake manifold (still on stock intake manifold)
Solid motor mounts
Full coilover suspension
MSD wires/coil
NGK Iridium 9 @ .32
Centerforce dual friction 9puck clutch
Mopar STS
and a few other things inside the motor.
and some other knick nacks :p

the car is getting a new motor this winter that will be built for 40+psi right now we have run 36psi with a 110/meth fuel mixture with AFR's @ 11.5:1 however the stock clutch was killed in the process

you talk a lot of smack and make i lot of excuses. i hope that GN smokes your blue skittle. and dont cry about traction, thats what you get for driving a FWD car

AKslowNeon said:
for a quick rundown on mods:

How many times are you going to post your mods? We get it. You've done the same exact things most of us have done to our TRs. Your Slopar friends might be impressed but most of us here have BTDT. You don't have to beat us over the head with them over and over for gawd's sake.

When is this race going to happen for chrissake?

Jim

The only thing those mods are going to do for that neon, is earn its driver a GN t shirt.... what size do you wear man....