Humbled smack talker SRT4 tonight

well mr GN decided not to come play.. the reason I said it will be the last good night for me is because I leave wed. for PLDC with the army for 1 month (all of september) and when I get back (october) there will be snow on the ground as it usually snows in mid sept in alaska.

all in all was a good night though we had about 40 cars at the track we raced on (5+hrs of solid racing) I only ran 1 car because everyone else was not really worth it to me as they knew and I knew my car was faster (not trying to sound cocky its just the facts) the 1 car I ran was a stage 4 WRX @ 21psi ill post the video when it gets uploaded... need less to say im pretty disappointed he did not show up as I posted the challange on 5 diff message boards hoping to get a show out of him.. I was told a GN was roaming the streets around 9pm but it wasnt his. its a shame though guess there is always next year.

the SRT ran pretty well tonight @ 26psi as the vid will show :)

the SRT ran pretty well tonight @ 26psi as the vid will show :)[/QUOTE said:
and where is the vids @ you keep talking about.

you keep running your mouth about how much boost your pushing how about telling how fast it ET's and the speeds it traps.

Why is your track times such a secret?

you might have some decent HP but it takes Torque to win drag races.

Gn

Ryan,

It is kind of hard to respond to your challange when I am not even in town.

I have been in Prudhoe Bay working on the emergency Oil line shut down for BP.

I will be off to Anchorage tommorrow for a day or two then back mid week.
Maybe we could race then?

Sorry, but I have Commitments to my company that is takes priority over my Hobby.

If you knew more about me and what I have hanging over my head for responsibilities, you would understand. Here is what I do to give you an indication why I am busy: www.composite-tech.com click on news.

My GN was not out last night nor has it been out for two weeks.

Den

our cars are torque monsters. the car has run 12s with absolutely no traction (street tires) and we had a pretty bad boost leak we were supposed to go to the track next weekend with slicks but the army wanted me to go to do some training for a month so thats not happening when we went last time we were trapping in the high 118 with a very bad AFR of 10.2:1 (way to rich causing a good amount of spark blow out due to excess fuel). we now have it tuned for 11.8:1-12.3:1 at redline im waiting on the people who filmed the race last night to wake up and upload the videos. the WRX I raced is a mid 12 second car (12.4s) and I won by 4-5 lengths. we had the track we raced on marked out 1/4 mile with flares and people video taping on both ends when I crossed the line I was at 129mph

AKslowNeon said:
our cars are torque monsters. the car has run 12s with absolutely no traction (street tires) and we had a pretty bad boost leak we were supposed to go to the track next weekend with slicks but the army wanted me to go to do some training for a month so thats not happening when we went last time we were trapping in the high 118 with a very bad AFR of 10.2:1 (way to rich causing a good amount of spark blow out due to excess fuel). we now have it tuned for 11.8:1-12.3:1 at redline im waiting on the people who filmed the race last night to wake up and upload the videos. the WRX I raced is a mid 12 second car (12.4s) and I won by 4-5 lengths. we had the track we raced on marked out 1/4 mile with flares and people video taping on both ends when I crossed the line I was at 129mph

I won't ruin the suprise for ya, but I'll just say this:

Bring more, it ain't enough.

well 129 in a SRT is good for high 10s seeing as we have quite a few guys running 10.8s at 125mph... so we shall see how that does.

as for alasakabuick

if your back before wed. we can set up a race at chatnika im sure we can get a bunch of people to come watch and film.

LMK if you want to go about it.

Your "129" mph is a guess at best. What did you do, look at the speedo as you crossed the "traps"? Thats about as inaccurate as you can get.

I'm not gonna talk your car down like some guys, fast is fast regardless of what it is. I just think you're underestimating this GN. But we'll see........

turbosam6 said:
Your "129" mph is a guess at best. What did you do, look at the speedo as you crossed the "traps"? Thats about as inaccurate as you can get.

I'm not gonna talk your car down like some guys, fast is fast regardless of what it is. I just think you're underestimating this GN. But we'll see........
maybe I am underestimating..maybe im not it could be the other way around he may be underestimating my neon. when he raced me I was spinning side by side with him into 4th gear with quite a few small bugs needing to be worked out. the car feels peppy now and IMHO I feel she will def. give the GN a good run from a dig or roll :p

turbosam6 said:

as for the MPH my speedo is fairly accurate but my digital readout on one of my other ricer gauges is dead on :p

what no comments? Its just a neon... jeez anyway more vids comming in the next hour or so (being uploaded now)

ill admit, that was a nice run. quick car. one thing though, i didnt see any real wheel spin (or hear it) after you left the line? did you get those slicks and traction bars put on?

buickbert

bars are on slicks are not you can hear the tires spin when It goes by the camera (the wrx was squeeling more than me) i just had 1 hard chrip the a whooshing spin but it does hook up alot better now.

The link doesn't work (at least for me). In any case, I'm still wating for the SRT vs the GN video not the SRT vs the WRX video. :rolleyes:

im confused :confused: if you had this terrible wheel spin when you race that guys gn and you havent bolted on the tract bars or slicks, why does it hook so much better now? did you get that clutch on then?

the link works, it just takes like 5 minutes to load, at least it did for me.

buickbert