You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost Looks Like Hell.. Paint?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Well its time for me to fix my hydroboost that looks like hell on my Hotair car that has a factory hydroboost.

Can I pull it and paint it?

What paint will hold up to any possible brake fluid that might get to it?

I really like the way the wilwood reservoir looks, will that reservoir work ok and if so what part number is it?

Guess I can get replacement lines from the auto parts store since they to look like hell.

If all else fails or a better route would be a new complete unit let me know as I can do that as well.

Any help would be great.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Is that a direct replacement for the factory units? What makes that unit better then a autozone or autoparts store unit? It's pricey

nothing that i know of . that is why I have the autozone reman. I painted it all pretty and the frirst spill ended that LOL

Ugh... decisions. That link with it powder coated etc is a grip of money. Maybe buy the reman and try the Eastwood paint

Might be better to pull my unit off and just paint it as there is nothing wrong with it. Just clean and paint it

What master cylinder bore size does the stock unit except?

bbq grill paint will hold up pretty good too and is cheap. if somthn gets on it and screws it up just touch it up. por-20 makes 1400 brush on manifold paints
vht makes 1500 spray paint

Supposedly DOT5 does not eat paint...

I installed the 1.125" Wilwood MC on my 84GN. Worked fine once I got rid of the CirClip that came with it. It retains theM/C piston.The ears of the clip scratched the Hydroboost ram! You will need a retaining clip w/o ears. A TB member sent me one!
Conrad

Copy. I'm going to order one probably monday.

Got my Wildwood Master in the mail today. Just need to find the C clip. Can I just grind the ears off the current one?

Got the Clip coming. Got the lines and a HB, just need to paint it.

Conrad, it almost seems like there should be a oring on the mc the way it slides into the HB.?? Guessing it doesn't and just bolts up correct. I did a test fit today. Car isn't near me so I haven't pulled the old one apart yet.

Also you know what size threads those are on the HB?

Back