You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost plumbing & other install Q's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You must install the line at the pump before you attach it at the hydroboost. That way you have all the play you need at the pump for twisting, tweaking, bending , although it only needs the smallest persuasion to start the threads. If you try to do it after you have installed the hose at the hydroboost you'll never have the leverage or slack to persuade it to where it needs to go to get the threads started.

i did it without removing the line. i did spend days looking for a line then i was told to remove the steel line and roll the fiting.

i did it without removing the line. i did spend days looking for a line then i was told to remove the steel line and roll the fiting.

Did almost everyone splice thier hard line? I didnt feel comfortable doing it. How are they holding up? Leaks? I was just worried about something happening at the splice then losing power steering and brakes. I am just curious.

Did almost everyone splice thier hard line? I didnt feel comfortable doing it. How are they holding up? Leaks? I was just worried about something happening at the splice then losing power steering and brakes. I am just curious.

I havent ever made any splices just simply rolled the hydroboost lines onto the top of the 86-87 PS pump. Worked well!

I did... cause that is what some others did.... IMHO... it wasn't obvious that the line had a chance to work... In hindsight... I would have like to have tried to make it work.... however... I am not scared of the splice..... if it leaks... then I'll get me another stock '85 GN HB to pump hose... and try the un-spliced hose.....

FWIW... I'm happy with the fit of my spliced hose....

I did... cause that is what some others did.... IMHO... it wasn't obvious that the line had a chance to work... In hindsight... I would have like to have tried to make it work.... however... I am not scared of the splice..... if it leaks... then I'll get me another stock '85 GN HB to pump hose... and try the un-spliced hose.....

FWIW... I'm happy with the fit of my spliced hose....

I'm not going to lie, the first time we played with this, we ended up driving all over town looking for a coupler to join the hardline and the HydroBoost line together but then with some good advice from WickedV6, we got er to work great without the coupler. It's not obvious at forst glance, thats for sure!

I havent ever made any splices just simply rolled the hydroboost lines onto the top of the 86-87 PS pump. Worked well!

What do you mean rolled the lines. I guess I just am not understanding what you did. I choose to make the lines through napa, and I find it very interesting how many ways guys have come up with to make this work. Thanx

What do you mean rolled the lines. I guess I just am not understanding what you did. I choose to make the lines through napa, and I find it very interesting how many ways guys have come up with to make this work. Thanx

On the stock lines, the fitting actually faces up when you hld it into place, When you swing the line under the AC compressor, just rotate the flexible line 180 degrees and it fits perfect! Just like the picture above!

On the stock lines, the fitting actually faces up when you hld it into place, When you swing the line under the AC compressor, just rotate the flexible line 180 degrees and it fits perfect! Just like the picture above!

Ok I now understand what you did, thank you. So is that a stock 85 line?

I try ed napa but they couldn't get the right fitting. rolling the fitting just means... if the high pressure line from the brake is hanging there grab it at the end and fold it back like in the pic above

I try ed napa but they couldn't get the right fitting. rolling the fitting just means... if the high pressure line from the brake is hanging there grab it at the end and fold it back like in the pic above

I went the Napa route. I posted in blazer406's thread the pics of the lines, fittings, and part numbers needed from Napa. I like what you guys came up with too!

Back