You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost troubleshooting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboB24

Junior mint
Here's my problems,

1.Still have a noisy power steering pump,I am using Royal Purple ATF.I cut the wheels back and forth the recomended 40 times lock to lock.Air still in system??

2.This may be hard to explain.
while stopping I have good pedal feel until I hit a spot where the brakes catch real hard,nose diving the car.This is with only a couple inches of pedal travel.
It's almost like the pedal gets into a bind at this one spot.Any ideas?

Get rid of the ATF.

Use power steering fluid and bleed sytem with the front end in the air and go lock to lock untill no bubbles in fluid.

i have the EXACT same problem as #2.

but, i am using p/s fluid and the pump is quiet and the system has been thoroughly bled. what gives?

My T Fast,
Does your pedal "thump" when you hit that spot where it dives the car?

It is normal for the pedal to have limited travel. It doesnt take much for the Hydroboost brakes to apply pressure. I only have around 1-2" of pedal travel on my system. As far as the brakes hitting a spot than clunks, Sounds like you have something binding on the pedal. Check the brake light and cruise switches on the pedal.

USE POWER STEERING FLUID FOR POWER STEERING FLUID, NOT TRANSMISSION FLUID FOR POWER STEERING FLUID!

the pedal feels like it gets into a bind only when the car is running.Pedal feels fine with car off.Iwish I could explain it better,I get a good pedal until the point where I feel the pedal grab or "stick" and the brakes apply alot more force.The arm that connects to the pedal is not bound up,it will jiggle.

OK, I can almost garauntee you just have some air in the system still. Give it some time and I'll bet you will be fine. Change that ATF out though.

Back