I am an OFFICIAL Smith & Wesson M&P Pistol Armorer!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Spent the day in Chesapeake VA at armorer school! I am now an Official Smith & Wesson M&P Pistol Armorer! I am proud of myself:biggrin: I have never done more than field strip a gun before today! Everyone else in the class, but the guy with me, worked on guns for a living or had been to other armourer classes! It was fun and very interesting! I can completely take a M&P pistol completely apart and put it back together:cool: Even took the challenge, instructor takes gun completely apart and shakes up all the parts in a box and dumps in front of you and have to reassemble, I passed:D

Smith&Wesson Armorer Button!.jpg

Very cool Shane, does the gun come apart with one tool like a Glock or does it take multiple tools to detail strip it??

Very cool Shane, does the gun come apart with one tool like a Glock or does it take multiple tools to detail strip it??

You can do it all with one tool yes! We got a kit with a multi tool like the glock one, but we also got a punch set so in class we used the tool for everything but but the two main pins which we used a #3 punch! Like I say you could use the same tool, just a little quicker with the heavier punch.

The M&P is 100% field serviceable! Every single part in this gun can be changed/fixed in minutes w/o any factory returns! I gained new respect, which I already had plenty of to start off with, for this line up!

We are on the waiting list for the Glock class too:cool:

Yeah yeah, but can you hang upside down blindfolded and do it. in a min. or less......:biggrin:

Very cool. I bet the class really makes you understand some of the engineering that goes into them.

Yes it does... I love my glocks as good as anyone, but like I say they built this gun from the ground up with a new attitude as the instructor put it... Instead of the "we build it they will buy it" attitude they went to "what do you want so you will buy it attitude" LOL! A few very cool things...

That's awesome. Congrats. I had an M&P9. Nice weapon. Trigger was a little "crunchy" initially but it smoothed out nicely. Probably get the 4in M&P45 in the future for another carry option.

Trigger was a little "crunchy" initially but it smoothed out nicely. Probably get the 4in M&P45 in the future for another carry option.

I agree at first they are like that... Doesn't take long to smooth out. There are some awesome mods for this gun on the market!

Great carry piece!

I agree at first they are like that... Doesn't take long to smooth out. There are some awesome mods for this gun on the market!

Great carry piece!

So are ya going to have a sale on these??????????

Well...

Congrats my friend. Now when you get the class III and learn how to do an HK MP5KS then we'll talk about having fun.:biggrin:

If you get a mill and a lathe I'd be more than happy to come and show you how to assemble a Mauser custom bolt rifle.:) A little more involved but I believe you've got a TIG from the race shop just sitting around so I can also show you how to the weld bolt handles on.:biggrin:

Congrats Shane!
The Glock class should be easy. Shoot some +p ammo and they disassemble themselves.:p
I've always likes the M&P stuff.

So are ya going to have a sale on these??????????

Everyone is low on stock of these too:eek: I can do most of the 9's and 40's for $475 plus shipping for TB.com members! The 45's and extra option guns are $25-150 higher just depending....

BTW, I am still looking:cool:

Congrats my friend. Now when you get the class III and learn how to do an HK MP5KS then we'll talk about having fun.:biggrin:

If you get a mill and a lathe I'd be more than happy to come and show you how to assemble a Mauser custom bolt rifle.:) A little more involved but I believe you've got a TIG from the race shop just sitting around so I can also show you how to the weld bolt handles on.:biggrin:

COOL! I may take you up on that!

That's Awesome Shane !!!! Where was the class held?

Chesapeake VA! Had to be a S&W dealer to go....

well we know whose houses not to rob...:biggrin:

:biggrin:

Congrats Shane!
The Glock class should be easy. Shoot some +p ammo and they disassemble themselves.:p
I've always likes the M&P stuff.

Thanks!

COOL! I may take you up on that! Thanks!

You got it Shane.:) Pick up a few MausersThat would make a nice custom for ya and stash them away. If you want a standard caliber like 30-06 or 308 case check out Midway for barrels now or ERShaw for a custom barrel. Magnums are a little harder but not that bad. I can email you some ideas with pics in email if you want.

You got it Shane.:) Pick up a few MausersThat would make a nice custom for ya and stash them away. .

Sounds cool Shane!!!

I can do that with old mausers blindfolded :)

And Charlief, we need to talk about you cutting up old Mausers... Let me know what you got I collect them and have many actions that would work for your custom builds..

Sounds cool Shane!!!

I can do that with old mausers blindfolded :)

And Charlief, we need to talk about you cutting up old Mausers... Let me know what you got I collect them and have many actions that would work for your custom builds....

Got a couple of Endfield P series that I need to finish and a few that aren't done yet Archie. I shut the shop down in 05 but have a bunch of parts left over still. You'd like some of my personal toys that I've put in storage.:) My favorite is a Swedish 6.5 lightweight I built over 10 years ago. It weighs in right at 6 LBS loaded with scope and has a pincile (sp) thin barrel. I've gotten .5 MOA out of it in Texas heat which I wasn't expecting.:eek: I built it as a display piece for the shop and have had a bunch of guys try and buy it, but the sticker shock has kept them away.:biggrin:

Congrats Shane. I use a S&W MP40 for my Federal security job. I love it compared to the Glock 23 I used working in the county jail. The MP 40 has a solid feel and simple to disassemble and assemble. Good luck in your future courses you undertake.:cool:

Honestly, lately I have not been hearing good things about the Gen4 Glocks, seems they are having QC issues to sort out so I'd venture to say that might also be why the M&Ps are selling like hotcakes.