I am officially "old"!

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
As of today I am officially "old"! I hit the big 40! My wife, who is 28, keeps calling me "old Man". Also the Army sees me as too old to do physical training without a complete physical. Oh well just means I am closer to retirement!:biggrin:

Hit the big 40 earlier this year myself. That one seemed to bother me a little for some reason (for real). Joked a little about it, called it pre-mid life crisis and went out and bought another Buick.:D That way when I turn 50 I'll have another excuse.

Happy Birthday

yea, right !

if your old @ 40

then what the heck am I ??? antique?
theres alot of us on here that are more experienced than you, :smile:
wait til you hit 50, everything hurts, and you wonder IF you'll make 60!
congrats on making the Big 40.

Oh Crap! If I am going to hurt more than now, I am in trouble!

I hit 61 on Father's Day so you are just a 'youngster.' Thanks for your military service; I retired from the Army in 2000 after 23 years.

And here I was thinking you was some kid running around collecting Hotwheels LOL It only goes to prove you never fully grow up :biggrin:

Happy Birth day and 4th of July!

Old at 40? No way, you should be just hitting your stride!!! There's a few of us on here that are 60 and some beyond that!!
Young "wipper snapper"!!
THANKS for your service!!

I agree, I think life begins at 40. Or retirement if ur furtunate to beable to retire early. I plan on retiring at 45 so im looking foward to 40. I'm 36 now. I see it as you can save now or work till ur 65. I choose to sacrifice now. Of course I live on PB & J's now but 40 certainly does not make you an "Old man".

Ya know a saw a guy at the doctors office last year that was 51 yrs old. He had the best build that I have ever seen on someone in person. I could not stop admiring how ripped and muscular this guy was. Was quite envious and felt so worthless for not going right to the gym and start training again! This guy had 16 years on me! I think todays 40 is yesterdays 25. With todays supplements and modern medicine I would think one could look good up to about 70 before they look "Old".

And yes, Thanx for ur service.

Over the Hill

Yes sir thank you for your service and Happy Birthday. Keep your Health your only as young as you feel, I'm sure you stay in decent shape I don't think your a stovepipe pencil pusher. Are you wearing readers yet ? that's the 1st thing to go is your sight, at least you have a 28 year old wife to keep other things from going south.:eek: Man I'm 1/2 a Century now I remember when I was a young buck it was 4xs a day ;) then 2-3:D , then like vitamins once a day:frown: , then it's every 3rd. Thursday :rolleyes: , now I'm the one with a headache. :frown: Happy 40th...........

I know what you mean Vader. Hit the big 40 this year myself. Like Chavo said, your only as old as you think you are. I remember BS'ing with other Jarheads when we got out of boot camp at 18 and talking about staying in for 20 and retiring at 38. At 18 that seemed like forever. If I would have put 20 in I could have been out with a pension by now. Well maybe. Anyways thanks for your service and Happy Birthday!

By the way (if I was 18 I would have typed BTW) what do you do in the Army?

Thanks everyone! Had an awesome Birthday. Spent it with Family and Friends. As far as feeling old, I do Not feel too old. Just takes a little longer to heal for an injury and is harder to stay in shape. My brother-in-law was cracking on me and I said that at least I still have all my hair, he is balding bad and he is 31. I have about 10 gray hairs now but the wifey says its sexy so I can live with that. I look back at when I was 18 and I still basically think the same but in a mature way. A lot less impulse buying, care more for people and enjoy life way more. I look foward to 40 more years with the wife and children (all 3). Thanks again!

I look back at when I was 18 and I still basically think the same but in a mature way. A lot less impulse buying, care more for people and enjoy life way more.

And that's what life is all about...:biggrin:

Hey Vader like your comment!

That is awesome to hear you say I look forward to another 40 years with my WIFE and kids. That's is not the norm. Sounds like you been Blessed with a good woman and the Lord's has given you both a inheritance your KIDs.

Happy belated B'day Vader.........coming up behind you, I'll be 39 in 5 weeks!:frown: I know the feeling except I feel like an older man getting out of bed in the morning. But the mind still says I'm 18 an indestructible!!!:cool:

happy birthday

As of today I am officially "old"! I hit the big 40! My wife, who is 28, keeps calling me "old Man". Also the Army sees me as too old to do physical training without a complete physical. Oh well just means I am closer to retirement!:biggrin:
belated happy birthday, but you're younger than me, i'll be 50 in feb.,but don't plan on slowing down yet

Happy Birthday Vader....:biggrin:

Happy Birthday Vader....:biggrin:

I turn 40 in November... I Can think back when I was 30 and think how I was really OLD... Forty is the new Thirty... I have matured.. I don't STREET RACE at the "Nationals" in Birmingham. I do not chase women at "Sammy's". I have a little girl that like to hear the "Turbo" spool... She wants her "Battery powered Escalade" truck to spool up like Daddy's T-Type:eek:

Thanks also for serving your country:cool:

Oh yes......Sammy's! Hey I will be running around B'ham next week in the GN. I'll be in the Vestavia Hills area. If you are over that way, flag me down! Mine has the ugly eagle acid etched opera windows!:eek:

40 And over the hill ?? No Way !! I'l be 46 in Sept. Retired at 43 from state government, married to the same woman 25 years, have 4 sons, 1 grandson, 1 granddaughter, about 90% out of debt, work part time (General Dynamics) because I want to, not because I have to. Have my health, and basically do what I want when I want. My 40's have been the greatest times in my life !!!
Looking foward to every day. It's just a number !!

Oh yeah...Happy Belated Birthday !!!:smile:
Darrell.