I am still looking: WTB

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
I am still looking: WTB

Want to buy:
I am looking for a solid roof, under 25K mile, pristine condition, highly optioned, well maintained, stock block ’87 Turbo-T. Astro-Roof possibly considered. Possibly also ’87 GN would be considered, but would not be my first choice. Original owner or few owner car & original paint in pristine condition preferred. Non-Limited preferred. Prefer a car that has already been modified to the extent that it currently runs mid to high 11's & mid 400 RWHP+ & corresponding RWTQ range. Car must have recent verifiable ¼ mile times and / or dyno sheets. Also prefer a car that has had the suspension already modified to the extent that it will not embarrass itself in lane-changing, cornering, freeway on and off ramps, acceleration and / or stopping. Prefer SoCal area but will travel for right car. Car must be somewhere close to passing Kalif smog requirements.
I will not consider any of the following: salvage titles, t-tops, dealer installed moon roofs, cages, roll bars, tubs, mini-tubs, lowering more than 1 inch. Thanks for looking
Please E-mail me at:
>gary-l-wells@msn.com<

I have just what you are looking for. It's a 86 GN with t-tops and a dealer installed moon roof, a cage, roll bars, tubs & mini-tubs and is lowered 1 1/2 inches. Are you interested?:biggrin:

Pics are on the link and so are comments from board members that know the car. It also establishes about what I paid for it, New slips will be available in a few weeks to a month.

It's getting a HR bar and fully adj upper and lowers (Wolf)
and the 55s are maxed so in go the 95s and TT chip.and a full billet front end in the tranny every thing else in the tranny has been done.
Thanks

I think that it is going to be too much car for what I want, Ronnie, but thanks anyway and it is an exceptionally beautiful car. Good luck with it at the track

I fully understand, but per your description it is exactly what you are asking for.

Good Luck in your quest. :)

Ronnie:
Ok, I will take another look at the thread that you referenced. Thanks for the reminder. Are those pics pretty recent?

I really don't understand a mileage requirement on a car of this age. If it has been well maintained 1 mile or 200k miles won't matter much. I have seen 50k cars in worse shape than 150k cars. Mileage on the body really doesn't mean much and there are so many 3.8 and 4.1 motors around that really doesn't matter either. I think your missing out on some really good deals by limiting your options that way. A car can be anything the owner wants it to be. All originally stock make it that way.

Cars were ment to be driven otherwise its a waste to even own one. :wink:

If you want it to just sit in a garage as an investment I guess thats cool low miles means less wear but also sitting still will allow things to settle and dry out one can be as damaging as another and anything can be fixed as good or better than new. The factorys were no saints when it comes to building things.

Good luck either way in your search. JMO anyways.

I really don't understand a mileage requirement on a car of this age. If it has been well maintained 1 mile or 200k miles won't matter much. I have seen 50k cars in worse shape than 150k cars. Mileage on the body really doesn't mean much and there are so many 3.8 and 4.1 motors around that really doesn't matter either. I think your missing out on some really good deals by limiting your options that way. A car can be anything the owner wants it to be. All originally stock make it that way.
If you want it to just sit in a garage as an investment I guess thats cool low miles means less wear but also sitting still will allow things to settle and dry out one can be as damaging as another and anything can be fixed as good or better than new. The factorys were no saints when it comes to building things. Good luck either way in your search. JMO anyways.
I am on my 5th turbobuick, and I really do understand a stringent mileage requirement. As a general rule of thumb, I have found the following conditions to be prevalent:
1) A car is original only once, but it can be rebuilt a thousand times.
2) I have looked at a # of both low mileage and high mileage turbobuicks. I have seen only 1 100K mile unrestored turbobuick in better shape than most 40K mile turbobuicks.
3) Yes, there is 199,999 miles of difference between a 1 mile car and a 200K mile car, and generally those miles show in age unless there was a total frame-off resto done at some point.
4) mileage on the body really does mean that much. Metal car bodies stress and tire, just like everything else.
5) I am sure that I have missed out on some very good deals. A need or desire for good deals is dependent upon a person's age, financial position, and whether he has the energy and knowhow to undertake on projects.
6) Your definition of "meant to be driven" and "waste of time" might be somewhat different than mine.
7) I do drive my turbobuick, purchased with about 8200 miles on the clock in '03 and currently has almost 23K on the clock now, almost 5 years later.
8) If I take less care of my car and drive it more, I may not have the money down the road to replace it with one in equal condition when the time comes, and I intend to always have at least one nice turbobuick in my possession at all times.
HTH & no flaming intended, and I worded my post with what means the most important to me.

Gary-

Did you see the White T on ebay............. 5800 miles if memory serves me right:cool: Florida Car.

Ty

If you want it to just sit in a garage as an investment I guess thats cool low miles means less wear but also sitting still will allow things to settle and dry out one can be as damaging as another and anything can be fixed as good or better than new. The factorys were no saints when it comes to building things.

Good luck either way in your search. JMO anyways.

You obviously don't know Gary Wells....:cool:

I am on my 5th turbobuick, and I really do understand a stringent mileage requirement. As a general rule of thumb, I have found the following conditions to be prevalent:
1) A car is original only once, but it can be rebuilt a thousand times.
2) I have looked at a # of both low mileage and high mileage turbobuicks. I have seen only 1 100K mile unrestored turbobuick in better shape than most 40K mile turbobuicks.
3) Yes, there is 199,999 miles of difference between a 1 mile car and a 200K mile car, and generally those miles show in age unless there was a total frame-off resto done at some point.
4) mileage on the body really does mean that much. Metal car bodies stress and tire, just like everything else.
5) I am sure that I have missed out on some very good deals. A need or desire for good deals is dependent upon a person's age, financial position, and whether he has the energy and knowhow to undertake on projects.
6) Your definition of "meant to be driven" and "waste of time" might be somewhat different than mine.
7) I do drive my turbobuick, purchased with about 8200 miles on the clock in '03 and currently has almost 23K on the clock now, almost 5 years later.
8) If I take less care of my car and drive it more, I may not have the money down the road to replace it with one in equal condition when the time comes, and I intend to always have at least one nice turbobuick in my possession at all times.
HTH & no flaming intended, and I worded my post with what means the most important to me.

I don't take anything as a flame. Wasn't intending mine as a flame thats why I said just my opinion anyways. I actually agree in some ways with what you say.

If I knew him I would not have said something to elicite a response. Thanks for your opinions and your right you do what suits you. :smile:

Good luck with the search also.