I did a thing...

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
Thank you Pronto, I definitely will take your advice as I was wondering that exact question. I appreciate it.

-Patrick-

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
Hey Scoob...
I've been slowly but surely getting things done. But with this oppressive heat we've been having, it's really put the brakes on turning wrenches. That and some recent family issues. But as far as my to do list is concerned, it's a bunch of little stuff that all adds up.

Immediate to do list
- Install mini starter (DB Electrical)
- Go over all battery power wires, check for chaffing, degradation, etc. Adjust, protect or replace as necessary.
- Install Derale trans cooler in series with the radiator cooler and hook up the fan using Racetronix's wiring harness
- Install Kirban's front frame braces
- Hook up trans temp gauges' sending unit, run the wires inside to the gauge
- Install line lock, replace brake fluid, run wires inside car to ashtray switch panel (after prop valve method)
- Cut chrome turbo heat shield to clear the downpipe
- Strip the paint off the other turbo heat shield and have it properly coated
- Install alternator brace / tree bracket
- Install new Continental Elite Poly V serpentine belt (squeeking with this 64" Gates is horrible)
- Install Power 6 wheel center cap overlays onto the Nitro wheels (TR Parts)
- Change oil, clean the billet filter, add ZDDPlus with the oil
- Hook up the battery tender (battery dies when it sits longer than 2 weeks, probably the Pioneer radio draining the battery)
- Replace passengers side lower intercooler hose and t-bolt clamps
- Install pressure transducer for alky kit and run wiring inside to the I/O panel
- Make sure everything with the Powerlogger works 100%, with this "new to me" Win 7 laptop
- Polish the Aluma Star wheels with Blue Magic wheel polish
- Remove rear seat seat belts and sound deadening pad under rear seat (weight savings)
- Retune the TT chip for current conditions

After all of this is piddly stuff is done, here is the rest of the to do list before Bowling Green.

Future to do list (AKA before Bowling Green)
- Install underhood braces
- Install rear seat braces
- Install driveshaft safety loop
- Install Moser 28 spline axles with longer ARP wheel studs and McGard open end lug nuts
- Change rear end fluid, add limited slip additive
- Install rear end cover with carrier cap support studs
- Install 1" rear sway bar
- Swap out fuel pump with a 450lph pump
- Install new 3.5 BAR MAP sensor
- Hook up 3.5 BAR MAP sensor to I/O panel and calibrate it with P/L
- Install pressure transducer for coolant pressure logging (in the side of the block) run wiring inside to the I/O panel
- Install new Alky pump and have current one rebuilt by Julio
- Install Caspers Field Fix harness
- Install Schroth racing harness
- Replace front runners with new Moroso DS-2's (current ones are 9 years old and showing wear)
- Go over all bolts, fasteners for tightness (turbo, downpipe, valve covers, crank pulley, upper plenum, t-body, TPS, all t-bolt clamps)
- Swap plugs
- Empty entire car of all unnecessary items, drain coolant and pour in distilled water (part of my track prep)
- Test & Tune for conditions just before BG
- Don't blow it up

It's a ton of little stuff that all adds up and takes time. Hopefully this weather will ease up a bit so I can get back at it.
Stay tuned for more updates and I appreciate the check up.

-Patrick-

P.S. This disease we have.... GoFastItis... Is strong...

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
Coolant pressure logging, is a Top Secret subject.
:cool::alien::cool:

FP monitoring will be via an electric FP gauge in the future. Not worried about that as much as those 3 listed. (Boost, Alky Pressure, Coolant Pressure)

SCOOBY DOO

Stock Junk Rules!
Patrick, are you having any problems controlling fuel pressure with the larger pump? Thread is getting long, and I can't remember if you went with larger fuel lines, or not. I had the engine freshened up in my car...and like you...the heat has slowed progress reinstalling it. Thanks for the update! Scoob and I are big fans!

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
No issues so far. Currently it has a Walbro 340 255lph pump and the lines are -8 feed and -6 return. So with the 450lph pump I shouldn't have any problems controlling the pressure. I'm hoping to turn some wrenches this weekend if the weather co-operates.
Thanks for following my antics with Legend.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
Semi update.

I took him out for a cruise last night and to look for street some action.
After charging up the battery yesterday and redoing my tune setting, (battery died) he was ready for a quick bath before heading out. (Yep, Eric's Tune Saver is on my list) I've recently added a Powerlogger and brought the laptop along to work on it in the parking lot. The local scene around here has really gone down hill. Honestly, you never know who's going to be out, if anyone. So, I figured if nobody shows, at least I can get these drivers installed and make sure the PL works. Just as I thought, only a few people showed up, but no one was wanting to race. So I took the time to click the keyboard keys and get the PL up and going. I followed the step by step directions on Erics' Forum and it worked. However, one thing I forgot to do was calibrate my MAP sensor. Nope, no boost for you. Anywho, fast forward to a hour and a half later and it was time to go. It was 78* outside and the humidity was not too terrible. Last night was the only night in the forecast that looked decent enough to cruise. So, turning out of the lot I hit the spacer bar and started making my way to the highway for a quick hit. Rolling along at 55, I purged the alky until all green, waited for my straight away and no traffic.... pulling the shifter down into D, I stood on it. Instant surge of power and we were gone. 60, 70, 80, 90, 98, 100 and bumped it into OD an lifted. SM showed .806 and .7 KR right at the hit. Boost started out at 22 and hit 25 at the top of 3rd as I was watching it like a hawk. Yep, weather conditions definitely affected my boost setting as last time I went out, the temps were in the low 70's with very little humidity. It was rock solid on 25psi then with .808 and no knock.

FF to just a bit ago and I got to look at the log a bit. Voltage was steady at 15.0 - 15.2 under WOT (Caspers Volt booster on board) the pull was from 55 - 102 according to the log, but I have a feeling the mph might be off a bit as I'm on the 27" tires. I shifted into OD at 5050. TPS looked good, O2 numbers looked good. Inj duty cycle hit 63 at the top of 3rd so not too shabby. Spark Adv in 3rd was solid at 19.4*. IAT started at 82* and was at 77* at the top of 3rd. So far, everything is looking good. I just hope the trans holds together for Bowling Green. Next outing I've got to calibrate the MAP sensor and verify it's recording boost. All in all, it was a semi successful outing last night.

So we made it back home and I let him idle for a good 5 minutes to cool off a bit. Shutting him down, I then went through my whole routine. Unfortunately, I do not have a garage to keep him in, so I have to take every precaution of protecting the car the best I can. I put the new trickle charger back on, put a towel on the nose to protect the paint from the power chord, placed and arranged all of the foam mats on the upper surfaces to help protect him from any hail that might come along suddently. I mean, this is Mississippi afterall and severe weather happens almost daily this time of year. After experiencing what hail damage can do to your car first hand back in 2013, I found a quick solution. I am using 3/4" workout foam pads that are sectional and have jigsaw puzzle cuts to connect them. Each one measures 24"x24". I have enough of them to go double all over and triple thickness on the hood. The hail would need to be severe, as in 5"-6" size to make it through these pads. I found a video on YouTube where a guy used these workout mats to protect his car from hail. So I thought, yep that will work. Amazon for the hook up. Anywho, I put the car cover back on and said good night.

This wraps up this semi update for now. The car is such a blast to cruise and is making very good power at this level.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more updates.

-Patrick-