I F'ing Hate Pit Bulls!!!

Raymond Bunch

"Turbo Enthusiast"
Everything that I have read bad about them came true today. Let it be known first before this turns into a pissing contest, that I honestly believe it is the fault of the owners of what happend today due to neglect, lack of attention and not taking care of the dog properly.

Today, while playing out in the front yard my wife and younger son we all heard what we thought was a fight between a couple of animals. Honestly, we couldn't really make it out and this was going on for atleast 3-4 minutes. I told the wife that I will be right back and started walking down the street to investigate, 30-40 yards down the street a lady yelled for help in a frantic, god awful voice and I took off running towards her voice as did a fellow neighbor three houses up. While trying to assess the situation and knowing that an animal was probably involved, I pick up a 2x4 after jumping into a yard for my own protection. As I was running around the house I could really hear the lady crying for help and ran to her, along with my neighbor for another 30-40 yards before we both jumped the fence in to her yard. There we found the Pit Bull attacking another dog, it's jaws locked around it's throat. My neighbor along with the lady tried to get the pit bull to release the other dog by every means available. They were choking it, hitting it, I hit it several times with the 2x4 befor it finally released the dog and jumped back over the 4 foot fence to it's own yard.

After this incident I am only happy to report that I am truly happy that this dog didn't have a young child or adult by the throat. However, my neighbor had to go to the hospital for medical attention and will be receiving stitches. The lady we helped appeared to be all right, and the dog that was attacked received only superficial wounds around the throat area.

Apparently the dog broke it's chain and attacked the other dog which also turned out happened a week previously too. Taking a chance with the 2x4 in hand I jumped the fence and secured the dog to a tree. The Police was called, a report was filed and the dog was taken away.

Moral of the story is always keep your children, loved ones and pet's in sight. Know what to do if you have to respond to an attack. To me honestly these dogs are like terrorist, the only good one is a dead one... Flame on....

Nothing a pound of hamburger marinated in a half gallon of antifreeze wont fix.;)

People who own the dog should be hit with a 2x4 many times:mad:
they think it's a house pet no training for the animal
they put it on a chain and think that's OK
I hope they get a big law suit AND have to pay it!

Everything that I have read bad about them came true today. Let it be known first before this turns into a pissing contest, that I honestly believe it is the fault of the owners of what happend today due to neglect, lack of attention and not taking care of the dog properly.

Today, while playing out in the front yard my wife and younger son we all heard what we thought was a fight between a couple of animals. Honestly, we couldn't really make it out and this was going on for atleast 3-4 minutes. I told the wife that I will be right back and started walking down the street to investigate, 30-40 yards down the street a lady yelled for help in a frantic, god awful voice and I took off running towards her voice as did a fellow neighbor three houses up. While trying to assess the situation and knowing that an animal was probably involved, I pick up a 2x4 after jumping into a yard for my own protection. As I was running around the house I could really hear the lady crying for help and ran to her, along with my neighbor for another 30-40 yards before we both jumped the fence in to her yard. There we found the Pit Bull attacking another dog, it's jaws locked around it's throat. My neighbor along with the lady tried to get the pit bull to release the other dog by every means available. They were choking it, hitting it, I hit it several times with the 2x4 befor it finally released the dog and jumped back over the 4 foot fence to it's own yard.

After this incident I am only happy to report that I am truly happy that this dog didn't have a young child or adult by the throat. However, my neighbor had to go to the hospital for medical attention and will be receiving stitches. The lady we helped appeared to be all right, and the dog that was attacked received only superficial wounds around the throat area.

Apparently the dog broke it's chain and attacked the other dog which also turned out happened a week previously too. Taking a chance with the 2x4 in hand I jumped the fence and secured the dog to a tree. The Police was called, a report was filed and the dog was taken away.

Moral of the story is always keep your children, loved ones and pet's in sight. Know what to do if you have to respond to an attack. To me honestly these dogs are like terrorist, the only good one is a dead one... Flame on....

I have to say i agree with your first statement, but absolutely not w/ your last.These are great dogs when properly socialized .I believe both the animal and the owner should of been taken away..

Some dog breeds don't socialize well statistically, and the pit is one of them.

imo...its all about the owner...The pitbull is the "bad dog" the one all the thugs and "tough" guys want...well they are the same ones that don't socialize & train them...they just want to walk them around with a big chain and think there are "cool"......I think more of these types have the dogs than responsible owners do and thats why they have such a bad wrap..I have a few friends that have them they are some of the best behaved dogs I'm been around (except mine of course:wink: ) thats because they have trained and know there place....I have also seen the other side! I have spent the last 11 years working the "bad" section of town. I see tons of these dog chained to trees, old cars, tires, you name it even saw one not long ago dragging a 100lb dumbbell through the neighborhood.....these dogs are unapproachable and aggressive just like the owners want...sad but true...sure there are some that are just bad apples...but that is true with every breed...I've been bit twice once by a basset hound and once by a mut.....jmo... I truly believe its not the dogs its the stupid humans!

gald your ok....dog need s to go away with the OWNER

gald your ok....dog need s to go away with the OWNER

Thanks man.

You know, I guess to some my statement of : To me honestly these dogs are like terrorist, the only good one is a dead one...

Yes, It might have been a bit harsh to word it like that. However, I was still a bit shaken up from the whole ordeal and this is what I still feel in my heart right now.

Also, I still can't get over the thought of hitting this dog with a 2X4 several times, it didn't even phase it until the seventh or eight hit... It was like it was possessed or something, and mind you, I am a 6' 2 227lbs Marine. Even a man my size couldn't take this many hits, I'm just dumb founded still and just trying to put things into perspective I guess.

I just hope you guy's will never have to do what I did today....

Well this comes up a couple times everyyear,I would be interested to read your post if the offending dog was other than a pit.If in deed it truly was a pure American pit bull(most are not).I have had numerous dogs including American pitbull terriers ,And the latter was the only breed that was feerless in protecting his family,But would also put up with the kids poking them in the eyes and yanking tails.The problem is irresponsible owners and ill bred dogs.By the way how large was this "PITBULL".

Always the "bad owners" isnt it.. Bullsh*t!!.....I know lots of bad owners of Black Labs and Golden Retreivers, funny how you dont here about them attacking babies or other animals. These dogs are bad news, period. Sorry you had to go through that, hopefully everybody will be ok.

Also, thank you for your service too our country, Merry Christmas!!

Always the "bad owners" isnt it.. Bullsh*t!!.....I know lots of bad owners of Black Labs and Golden Retreivers, funny how you dont here about them attacking babies or other animals. These dogs are bad news, period. Sorry you had to go through that, hopefully everybody will be ok.

very close friend in 3rd grade got his faced destroyed by HIS lab he never came back to regular classes had to have special care.... hate to tell ya bud but it happens......thats a poor general statement....but hey you have a right to your opinion, as do I

I do not and have never owned a pit...but have read a few books on them and been around a good many......these are just my thoughts...

Definatly the owners fault,imo,my friend has the meanest looking red nose pit that is built like a body builder...His dog is around 5 years old and has never bit or even got mad at any animal or person..

He came over with it the other day and my wife was like no way can that dog come in,i let him in and my little chinese crested went off on him and his dog ran from my dog(both males)! my dog kept following this crazy looking pit and growling at it and the pit ignored him..

He will lick you till your skin falls off and is a awesome dog and my 2 kids love it and freak out when the see him as they love that dog...

Ive seen many mean pits and I know they can be a mean machine,but even my sister owned one from birth till death and it never attacked a animal or person in any form..

But my friend Stacey also has one that is full blown nutts,he never fought it or anything but he got her when she was a year old so im not sure why but this dog is completly crazy and will attack anything including a male dog or any animal or person...My other sister had one that she got "used" and it was also a crazy nut that would attack anything to,very unstable its whole life,only me and her could go near it,nobody else even if you had food you were going to get hurt if you tried...

Im not a gambler and there is too many other dogs to own when you have kids and im just going to stay with my stupid looking chinese crested..Even thos I personally believe its how the dog is raised and I think pits need alot of love to make them a great dog...

P.S my other buddy owns a yellow lab that is nuttier than squirl poop..He has attacked many animals and 1 post man,he is very unstable and would never trust that dog EVER..

Watched my dad kill a german shepard that attacked my best friend when we were eight(neighbor two doors down).Too bad you werent there Heavy D:rolleyes: You could have pulled out your sewing kit and made a pitbull costume for the mut before the cops showed up.

If the owner socializes the dog at an early age none of this would happen. The dog whisperer has several pitbulls that he trains other aggressive dogs with.
The problem with the breed is people want a tough dog, cause it looks cool. So they tie it up, neglect it, beat it, ect.

I hope those people get what they deserve. That could have been someones child.

Here's a link to the best bully breed, and my dogs parents. EXCELLENT with childeren.

http://www.siriusstaff.com/

It always saddens me to read this type of story. I feel bad for those involved and think a report should have been filed after the first attack. I never have understood why people buy pets and chain them up outside or let them run wild around the neighborhood. I think it's important for people to think before buying pets, buying one that fits their lifestyle as well as their ability to care for them. When people buy dogs, a little research in advance about the breed they are thinking about would go a long way.

I don't even want to get into cats, them damn things roaming the neighborhoods like a plague. I don't feel a bit bad about trapping and relocating them. It seems as though most people that own them still have a few left when one turns up missing.

I own a Staffordshire terrier that is a well mannered dog, bought and raised to be a companion dog. Even with her gentle nature around people I always keep her leashed outside. I never let her out unsupervised because a dog is a dog is a dog and even though she has been with me for ten years you never know, this goes for ANY DOG......

Well I love the pitbulls my opinion and lots of people fear them.The owner is where it happens to be the problem all the time,and not the dog.This thread can go on for a while of back and fourth differences.I had a in door pit for three years and was trained very good.But this happens everywhere and glad that everyone is okay. Don't hate the dog....fear the owner!!!!

It always saddens me to read this type of story. I feel bad for those involved and think a report should have been filed after the first attack. I never have understood why people buy pets and chain them up outside or let them run wild around the neighborhood. I think it's important for people to think before buying pets, buying one that fits their lifestyle as well as their ability to care for them. When people buy dogs, a little research in advance about the breed they are thinking about would go a long way.

I don't even want to get into cats, them damn things roaming the neighborhoods like a plague. I don't feel a bit bad about trapping and relocating them. It seems as though most people that own them still have a few left when one turns up missing.

I own a Staffordshire terrier that is a well mannered dog, bought and raised to be a companion dog. Even with her gentle nature around people I always keep her leashed outside. I never let her out unsupervised because a dog is a dog is a dog and even though she has been with me for ten years you never know, this goes for ANY DOG......

agree...a little research goes a long way..... I spent a year reading, going to visit many breeders, and talking to well over 50 breeders by phone before buying my last dog....Dogue de Bordeaux....He is a rare breed...WONDERFUL pet! people freak out all the time when I take him out even had them cross the street so they would not have to walk by him...if they only knew he just wants to lick em to death.

I Have Two Pits Great Dogs Just Need To Give Them Alot Of Time But I Also Keep My Eyes On Them At All Times I Would Do This With Any Kind Of Breed.

Keep In Mind Media Has A Big Part Of Bad Raping These Dogs.