I F'ing Hate Pit Bulls!!!

I knew you were a stand up guy, risking your well being for others,
hmmmm maybe thats why your still serving our country?
I am in your debt!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Lee

Thanks Lee, I appreciate the kind words and wish you and the family a very Merry Christmas too sir:smile:

I feel like I only reacted like any normal capable person would have. I honestly didn't know what to expect when my neighbor and I responded, I'm still very happy it wasn't a child or adult for that matter that was being attacked.

In regards to how big the dog was in another post, it was a big tan Pit with Brownish/black nose. Not to sure of the breed... Just put it this way....the Sheriff had his weapon out until animal control arrived, I'll leave it at that.

I'm sure all PitBulls aren't bad, and I really don't want to make this in to a bickering contest. This was just an ordeal I went through and thought I would share it with my fellow board members.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

It's the owner's fault. Period. Not the breed.

I have a pitt-weiler and she is the sweetest dog ever. I have always had the "vicious breed" type dogs (rott, dobie, chow, sheperd-chow mix) Never any issues. In my opinion Chihuahua's are much meaner and I've been bitten by more than one of those:p

In fact, I recall reading that the dog breed the consistently is reported as having the most bite incidents per year is not a "vicious breed" dog. It's the golden/lab retriever. Why? Because people-mostly children- don't fear them (ie: don't respect the fact that they are still animals with powerful jaws and pointy teeth) and always assume that you can just go up and pet them and pull their ears and ride on them, etc.

Just because a dog is a pittbull or a mastiff or a presa or a rott doesn't mean that they are prone to attacking- they are the same as any other dog. They learn from human instruction, abuse, neglect, etc. Just like people...

stupid comments they are are they not?

How about this?
I got mugged by a ______guy. So I fcking hate ________guys. = Stupid comment
My car got stolen by a _____guy. So I fcking hate ________guys. = stupid comment
I got a ticket by _____cop. So I fcking hate ________cops. = stupid comment

How about your other Stupid excuse "to hard to stop/kill".

1-Try stopping a Staffisher terrier, Just as powerful as a pit.. BTW 99% of people can't them apart from a pit-bull!!! Staffisher terrier - Live Search Images
2-Try stopping a Bull terrier (spud), just as powerful as a pit.... http://search.live.com/images/results.aspx?q=Bull+terrier | id:6CC906DBA58F20EC9FFC90D18AC18C260BF5F58F&form=IGRE0&p1=OneRow#focal=752ffbf1bfff3506c799d1b31b767e45&furl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.healthgene.com%2fcanine%2fimages%2fbull-terrier.jpg
3-Try stopping a Doberman, bigger then a pit... http://search.live.com/images/results.aspx?q=Doberman | id:DE88B1FBD5E1C483E12AFAEC5F9F5B6DBFCA062A&form=IGRE1&p1=OneRow#focal=d78505e41d9df51a3a2eded42d7c97d5&furl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.pieskie.republika.pl%2fdoberman.jpg
4-Try stopping a BullMastiff, bigger stronger then a pit.. Bull Mastiff - Live Search Images
5-Try stopping a Tosa, bigger stronger then a pit-- http://www.europuppyusa.com/images/dog_breed_info/tosa_inu.jpg
6-Try stopping a Rottweiler, .-- bigger stronger then a pit--- http://www.dogtamers.com.au/Rottweiler 1.jpg
7-Try stopping a chow chow.-- http://dogbreeds.bulldoginformation.com/chow-chow-black-tongue.jpg

In my opion owning a Pit bull,Buick,or a hand grenade is the same thing.
Once there born or built the in is pulled,your just not sure when its gonna explode:D

If it’s a pitbull it will bite. = Stupid Comment
If he owns a gun He is a punk and will reach for the gun the first sign of trouble. = Stupid comment.

Out these two stupid comments which is more likely to happen?

How many people have been shot in the last 365 days?
How many people have been bitten by an actual Bit-bull in the last 365 days?

Brett, altough your post was dead on, I must say that a Staffordshire Bull Terrier is NOT a pitbull. However, an American Staffordshire Bull Terrier is the closest "pitbull" recognized by the AKC. And still if it was called that at a dog show, one would be frowned upon. The pitbull of today was derived mostly from a man named Floyd Boudreaux in Lafayette, Louisiana. He's been in prison for some time now. His bloodline was bred with bigger dogs to create today's common pitbull.

The majority of Staffy Bull are responsible individuals. Mainly because the cost to buy one.

All of the bull-terrier type dogs today originated from the Staffordshire dogs. Consequently, the American Staffordshire Terrier and the American Pit Bull Terrier come from the same stock. The pit bull is just slightly smaller. Genetically they come from the Staffordshire dog.

Over time, the American Staffordshire Terrier strain has been bred for show quality, not fighting ability, whereas the Pit Bull has been bred for fighting versus show traits. Because they are being bred for different standards, some say they are different breeds. They are not.

Just as the Doberman has had a lot of its drive bred out of it for the show ring which is why it makes it difficult to locate a good Dobe these days for working abilities (KNPV, French ring, PSA, etc..)

pitbull owner

first off merry xmas everyone! hope everyone had a good holiday! Raymond I commend you on stepping up and helping in a situation like that. It does however completly boil my blood when people make comments that are ruthless regarding the entire breed of one dog. If I did not have a pitbull as part of my family I prolly would not care what was said. I took my pit from its original owner when he was about 10 months old. This was a friend of mine who bought two of them to be gaurd dogs at his shop. He was very neglectful and mean to these dogs trying to toughen them up. I hated to see how he treated them and finally took the male from him. I always had a liking for him since they day he came home from the breeders. I have had him 8 years now and he is like a son to me, however I know he comes with a huge responsibility. He is an 85 pound rednose that is a big *****cat around the family, but he can rip tires off quad rims and his usual gifts are hockey pucks which he will usually crush up in couple of hours. Toys from the pet store are alot more than 1.40 like the pucks! I do however understand how some feel as I am uneasy around other pits knowing what mine can do. I have family that does not want to come over because of him, even knowing how gentle he is with people. Even with all the responsibility and how some family feels he is part of my family. I think the comment about pitbulls being terrorist's is a little far fetched, they are alot of other animals that would make mince meat out of a little pitbull. I do feel that there should be some type of zero tolerence for some convicted criminals regarding ownership of these dogs! Just remember though just like handguns when you outlaw pitbulls only outlaws will have pitbulls. Maybe add up how many people are killed by alcohol, guns, and drugs in a year compared to maybe one or two by these dogs who end up being owned by animal's themselves! I know it had to be very traumatic, but I hope you know there are some pitty's out there that are good family dogs!

skew

I hear what your saying, and as stated before I know not all PitBulls are bad.

I'm just happy to hear you (probably don't) have a time bomb on you hands due to the fact you obviously take care of your dog, unlike other careless pet owners. Or do you? I say this respectfully due to the fact you just stated the previous owner tried to toughen him up and obviously neglected him in some shape of form. I'm sure you dog still remembers this event....I just hope he remains gentle and loving as you say he is.

It's already been established that there are other breeds of dogs that can cause serious bodily harm or death. I am being educated by every post on this board for the most part and have learned a great deal from both side, the good and the bad side of certain dogs over the last couple of day's.

I think the biggest thing is that we ALL need to be a little more open minded to the possibility if a dog did attack, how would you/we/I handle the situation. What can we do as responsible adults in regards to identifing a dog with potential aggressive behaviour, weather it's toward another animal, child or adult for that matter.

You comment of: "Maybe add up how many people are killed by alcohol, guns, and drugs in a year compared to maybe one or two by these dogs who end up being owned by animal's themselves"

I agree, but I also think if we could even prevent one attack that caused serious bodily harm or death, it's all worth while. I think I read somewhere that 65% of all attack were on children under the age of 10 years old. To me this is un-called for. I belive I read it here someplace in one of the topics.

DOG BITE LAW - Dangerous and Vicious Dogs

neglect

the previous owner would keep him chained up in the corner of the shop all the time, and would leave him in a kennel outside when it would be to cold. My shop was next to his, and I would find the dogs outside and go to his house and make him go to the shop and let them in. chicago winters are not for short hair dogs. he was upset that the dogs were not aggressive like most people hype them up to be, and he did not want to spend anytime with them. I do spoil mine and treat him like a baby. He has his own beds and blankets upstairs and downstairs. he absolutely loves to be spoiled and is a complete character. I was trying to figure out how to post some pics from this morning of him checking out everyones gifts while we were opening them. My girlfriend has a 6 year old daughter and we have a 7 month old son and nikko "my dog" is terrific with them. However we do not ever leave them alone with him, not that we are worried about the dog but one of the kids maybe falling on him or something. You always hear the story of the dog that was always nice then it bites, usually the owners do not understand animals dont have accountability like a person. And dogs just like people can also be not feeling well or cranky. I know sometimes I feel like ripping someones head off in the mornin!! I will try to post some pics most people think he is adorable after seeing him. I have seen very nasty pits and I think it is a combination of bad breeding and or thugs glamorizing this breed. I dont understand why half of the rappers have to have some pitbull breeding service?? I watched a documentary by f.e.d.s. on underground pitbull fighting and there is not to much that bothers me to watch, but I felt like I was gut shot watching what they do to these dogs. The owners were the animals, the brutality was sickening. They take the losing dog and put jumper cables on there tongue and balls and plug them into the socket to electrocute them. Then throw them in a dumpster. I cant even think of how to punish these sick animals! punish the deed not the breed!

i believe that there are no bad dogs------but there are lots of bad dog owners-------i have a little jack russell that i truly love to death------i take it everywhere i go -------it sits in my office every day and sleeps with me at night-------it goes to Bowling Green with me every year and has for the past 12 years-------it is as kind to me as i could ever want and all it wants to do is please me-------if i even raise my voice it cowers--------BUT it has a terrible attitude to other dogs, little children and some strangers-------i am very careful to make sure it never gets in a situation where it might do something i would regret because i am a responsible owner-------that said it would be a scary thought if it had the jaws and strength of a pit bull-------i don't know what it is about pit bulls but it seems that when i see most of them they seem to be on a leash attached to the type of person that i would just as soon shoot as look at--------half of them can't seem to get their pants up above their knees------i see this often and it makes my blood boil--------a few years ago a complete loser moved into a neighborhood where i own some property---------he had several pit bulls and i really didn't give it any thought at first--------within a couple weeks a couple of them got free (the idiot kept them on chains in the back yard) and killed one of the neighbors dogs--------the lady called the sheriff dept and she said they came out and really didn't seem to give a darn-------a couple days later they got out again and attacked another neighbors dog------this time i heard the commotion and went to see what was happening-------i foung the 2 pits attacking a lady's black lab right in her garage-------they were both firmly attached to the dog------one on the neck and the other on a hind quarter--------i beat them off after what seemed an eternity with a pipe and called the sheriff-------he sent two deputys out and they actually thought it was funny-------i called my lawyer and opened up a really big can of legal woop-ass on the entire sheriff dept-------i hired a private detective to investigate this and eventually it turned out the 2 deputys were friends of the guy and all were involved in dog fighting--------they lost their jobs------- I then sought out the property owner of where the dog owner was renting-----i immediately bought the property and evicted him------i can't begin to tell you how much fun that was------the story has a happy ending------the loser was killed in a single car accident a few months later when he wrapped his S-10 around a utility pole at high speed while he was drunk--------i have ZERO sympathy for pet owners that abuse animals and feel that capital punishment would be just about right for a first offense-------giving a social loser ownership of a pit bull is like giving a 16 year old driver a ferrari for his first car-------its a formula for a disaster--------like the pit bull the insurance company would not look favorable on that combo-------its not that the ferrari is bad any more than the pit bull is bad-------its just that when a pit bull goes bad it like a plane crash due to their extreme strength and it makes for sensational headlines--------one of the biggest problems our country has is that most folks don't seem to take responsibility for their actions-----its a darn shame that so many people can't take responsibility for their children and pets--------in this supposed free country we have to get permits and licenses to do all kind of things------to adopt a desperate lonely child requires moving a mountain------ but any loser couple can pop kids out that they have no intention or means to support------its a real shame that a permit isn't necessary to have kids and own pets ................RC

Ok, here's my point, no flaming intended:

DOG BITE LAW - Statistics about dog bites in the USA and elsewhere

Looks pretty breed specific to me.

Wow lots of important information there. Depending on the state a bite happens you can really lose everything especially if your dog kills. Much to think about if your dog falls into the higher risk of biting catagory. You're at much greater risk to be sued and lose if you got a more dangerous dog. If my grandkid was killed or maimed by a dog I certainly would find a lawyer that would finacialy destroy the owner.

wow some of you would really put anti freeze in meat to kill an animal? and i also heard people doing that to cats. theres some people i hate and you dont see me putting arsonic in thier coffee. anyone did that to my pets they would find thier head scalped with the spinle column in tact mounted above my fireplace :mad:

and about dobermans and rotts? yeah theyre not very nice dogs when thier owners feed them gunpowder to make them into vicious guard dogs

People dont think about dogs being like guns. If someone walks up to you asking a question ans has a gun on his side for C/C purposes. People get really uneasy. Same with any dog weather it be a large or small breed. You dont know what the owner is like ( either of the gun or dog). Haters and lovers will always disagree, but it really comes down to the owner.

I believe owning a pitbull is like having a time bomb waiting to explode it's not if it will but when.

Atleast if you own a small dog and it attacks there is a good chance of not having major or permanent damage or loss of life, like you would with the pits or other aggressive larger dogs.

Bingo. This is a KILLING MACHINE! If we lived underwater it'd be akin to keeping a Great White or Barracuda for a pet, then being shocked when it eats the other fish or your friends kids. I've heard all the arguments about it being how their treated/raised/trained but in the few instances where I've seen an owner of a "good" Pit be honest, even they don't truly trust the dog around their kids.

All dogs are capable of biting people, only a handful are capable of killing us. There is no legitimate reason to own one of these animals as a pet. There are plenty of other dogs that are better tempered, smarter and easier to train.

lets just take somethings life because its actions are not suitable for our environment. lets kill all the dwarfs, migits, mentally handicap, cripples, aids victoms, minorities, heck lets just carpet bomb the whole east coast of the united states.

IT IS THE OWNERS FAULT

LACK OF TRAINING
LACK OF CARE

you take care of an animal and give it the attention that it needs.

I GOT BIT ON THE NOSE BY A FRIENDS COLLIE !!!

WTF I GOT BIT ON THE NOSE BY LASSIE!!!!!!!!!

DID I MAKE HIM GET RID OF IT? DID I MAKE HIM PUT IT TO SLEEP?

NO I KEPT MY NOSE OUT OF THE DOGS FACE BECAUSE I WOULDNT WANT ANY OF YOU IN MY FACE AND I WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING.

I HAVE SEEN OTHER "NICE" DOGS ACTING AGRESSIVLEY THE FACT THAT THEY CANT DO MUCH DAMAGE MAKES THEM BETTER?

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

HOW CAN YOU COMPARE A GREAT WHITE SHARK TO A DOMESTICATED ANIMAL???? YOU MUST BE ONE OF THOSE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN FREAKS

lets just take somethings life because its actions are not suitable for our environment. lets kill all the dwarfs, migits, mentally handicap, cripples, aids victoms, minorities, heck lets just carpet bomb the whole east coast of the united states.

IT IS THE OWNERS FAULT

LACK OF TRAINING
LACK OF CARE

you take care of an animal and give it the attention that it needs.

I GOT BIT ON THE NOSE BY A FRIENDS COLLIE !!!

WTF I GOT BIT ON THE NOSE BY LASSIE!!!!!!!!!

DID I MAKE HIM GET RID OF IT? DID I MAKE HIM PUT IT TO SLEEP?

NO I KEPT MY NOSE OUT OF THE DOGS FACE BECAUSE I WOULDNT WANT ANY OF YOU IN MY FACE AND I WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING.

I HAVE SEEN OTHER "NICE" DOGS ACTING AGRESSIVLEY THE FACT THAT THEY CANT DO MUCH DAMAGE MAKES THEM BETTER?

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

HOW CAN YOU COMPARE A GREAT WHITE SHARK TO A DOMESTICATED ANIMAL???? YOU MUST BE ONE OF THOSE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN FREAKS

You missed the whole point. You're comparing humans (all of your examples are humans) to a DOG! You also made my point for me with your "Lassie" example. All dogs are capable of biting you, only a small percentage of breeds are capable of KILLING YOU!

These (Pits) are agressive animals BY THEIR NATURE! It's in their genetic code. They can't help it, and that's what makes them unfit for use as pets.

And this argument has nothing to do with religion. Nice childish comeback:rolleyes: .

People who have these dogs are (currently) entitled to own them. The problem is they put everyone in their family/neighborhood at risk of LETHAL harm if that dog escapes or decides he's had enough of humans.

im genetically coded to be a survivlist.I work for my money to survive, im not saying we can teach pitbulls to sit at a desk and type on message boards. They arent agressive in nature i know plenty of people with pitbulls, and the only corralation with thier naturall attitudes towards humans is that they are extremely energetic animals. wether they are agressive or not is completely reliant on the owner.

Every animal known to man does something to survive.

Ask your self why does a chained up pitbull not exposed child or any other types of life affriad when a child goes up to the dog and startes waving his arms saying. That can be counted as an act of agression by the child. to the dog it feels threatened and does what it thinks is right to survive.

Just like a robber comes into my house and trys to steal something from my house with my family in thier beds. even though he did not act agressively towards me or anyone else in the house. im still going to shoot him.

Any dog can KILL YOU. I mean you dont have chiwawa's biting your wrist in your sleep while you bleed to death. ALL DOGS BITE its in thier genetic code.

ANY ANIMAL IS capable of KILLING YOU. Its all about the situation.

sorry to hear about the incident. Yes, owners play a huge part in bringing up the dog and training it. However, breeding has hotwired characteristics into dogs. Included in this is aggression. I've seen many incidents of dog attacks, and here in Ca it's actually the owner who is charged with the crime, up to murder. So, owning a risky breed can make it impossible to gain home owners insurance.

When I used to read meters I came across many breeds, and it's amazing how the personalities and aggression is amongst shared breeds. When coming across a new route and seeing that an owner has a certain breed of dog in your handheld, you almost know exactly how to act when approaching and how the dog will act. Yeah, there are the rare nice pit-bulls and I even once saw a mean golden retriever, but numbers wise that's not the common case.

For your guys info, if you are attacked by a dog, don't go to the ground! If you are at the point where you can't escape and you're going to get bit, let it bite your arm, and grab it's neck and pull it off the ground. Get the front feet off the ground and it will retreat, because it exposes their bellies. If it doesn't you can knee it in the stomach. Once a fellow worker got attacked and the pit-bull didn't let go until she dragged the dog out of it's yard! Talk about tenacious!

Okay, that was longer than I wanted to go, but all the memories of getting attacked by dogs are coming back!