I found my T-Type that was stolen in 2003 today... pics, story, etc

Also, how many cars have you seen with those headlights?

Here they are, still in the shell, even the relays are there.
IMG_5280.jpg

How many cars had a digital dash and no rear defrost? The exact tint that was on my car... my spoiler in the trunk... I could go on for hours.

The first thing that stood out to me walking up to it was the lack of a trunk lock. Someone tried to break into my car in a parking lot when I was at work right after the car was painted. Right after that I drove it up to Vince Janis to get some transmission work done, Vince accidentally dinged the car and called me to tell me about it, said he would take care of it. Not only did he take care of the dent, but he had the trunk fixed (hence why it had no lock in it). It was like that until it was stolen.

Couple other pics,
IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

Vince might even remeber this, I know Jermey Wood will (he always gave me crap about how loud the fan was)
IMG_5278.jpg

Like I said, I can go on for hours...

Gah, enough of this subject. Time to go watch Tito vs. Liddell.

Haha they swapped motors, painted it, but they didn't even bother cleaning the trunk out. Do you EVER remember seeing the maroon car driving around?

Jason

No. I would have picked it out in a heartbeat. I had a LOT of time and work in that car. Purple or not, it wasn't hard to tell it was mine.

BTW, what headlights are those? Hella's? Did you have any luck on the phone trying to buy it back, or do you have to wait until monday?

Jason

It was a conversion kit to make it use H4 bulbs, I can't remember who makes it. Been too long.

Haven't had any luck yet. Not even sure if I want to bother. I could find another one easier, it would just be a nice feeling to be able to rebuild it...

Yeah..It would be a lot of work but the car would be unique for sure. Especially special to you...

Jason

Also, how many cars have you seen with those headlights?

Here they are, still in the shell, even the relays are there.
IMG_5280.jpg

How many cars had a digital dash and no rear defrost? The exact tint that was on my car... my spoiler in the trunk... I could go on for hours.

The first thing that stood out to me walking up to it was the lack of a trunk lock. Someone tried to break into my car in a parking lot when I was at work right after the car was painted. Right after that I drove it up to Vince Janis to get some transmission work done, Vince accidentally dinged the car and called me to tell me about it, said he would take care of it. Not only did he take care of the dent, but he had the trunk fixed (hence why it had no lock in it). It was like that until it was stolen.

Couple other pics,
IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

Vince might even remeber this, I know Jermey Wood will (he always gave me crap about how loud the fan was)
IMG_5278.jpg

Like I said, I can go on for hours...

Gah, enough of this subject. Time to go watch Tito vs. Liddell.

Oops, sorry.:redface: I see what you mean. I just cannot see putting that much time and work into a car that was stolen. But I am not a thief so what do I know. Best wishes and no disrespect. Tim

That doesn't wash with me...

How can someone strip a car once it has been impounded? I'd guess that the motor and rear were taken by someone who "knew someone" on the impound lot.

I would dig deeper into this if I were you....

I was picking up a repo car at an impound yard in chicago back in 96 and when my buddy and i walked in there. we could not believe our eyes. there was cars everywhere missing rims and tires. broken windows.gutted interiors. it looked like a junkyard.:eek: the guards told us the cars were towed in like that.our only question was .why are there cars with cement blocks under them:confused: we found out who was stealing when they told us to get the **** out of there. i would get that car back. and put it back together. at least the body is still on the frame:biggrin:

Sucks to see people do that to cars-

IMO- you are right on about having and rebuilding a car that you know every inch of. You've already been paid for the car, you should be able to get it for a decent price. You know how much work is in just the shell. Plus, it will be definitely special to you- I mean, its your car that was stolen from you. I say rebuild it if you're given a chance. They're not getting any more common.

Plus, hopefully you'll find the guy that stole it's home address in the glove box.

Josh

d00d!!! I am so sorry to see that. I would call it a loss at this point man. Maybe take a trip back there and grab what you can walk away with (like the lights).

Lemme know if you need some help. If you really want to start from scratch, do have almost a whole car in my garage. :)

And that is definitely his car. I remember working on that thing many many times. Kenny has a heavy foot! ;)

Man! What a good-looking car that was when you finished it. I absolutely love the grey paint and the wheels. That was an awesome ride, for sure. I say, if you can get it back, do it. It's different when you've already put so much time and money into it. Even in the condition it's in, it's still a TR! I wish you the very best on it.

I say we take the advice of Oscar Goldman in "The Six Million Dollar Man".

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology...Better, stronger, faster.

I feel your pain bro. Let me know what you decide.

peace

I feel your pain, being on my 2nd GN it must of been a bitter sweet feeling seeing it again.

This story is just so odd, someone spent a ton of time redoing it and then leaves everything in the trunk??
Your insurance agency knows the cars been there for almost a year and does not inform you??
Then you can not buy it back from them??

I would suspect it was stripped and then someone bought the shell and went to town on it.

The original looked sweet, you did an awesome job on the paint and body work. You could make that T Type look good again, go for it. ;)