You can type here any text you want

I got my control arms off.... boxing them today.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Well... I got my control arms off last night.... the front bolts on the uppers were a PITA with my hooker mufflers in the way. I brought them to work today to box them in. I am also installing some HR Parts bushings on them. Hopefully with the HR Parts anti-roll bar installed, it will hook better on the drag radials. My goal is to 60' in the 1.5's on the drag radials......on the footbrake. A 12 psi launch should get me close......

I got everything back together about a week and a half ago..... been driving it almost daily..... put my HR Parts anti-roll bar on as well. All I can say is DAMN! This thing takes the new clover leaf by my work (30 mph posted speed limit).... @ 60-65 mph...... had two wide-eyed co-workers in it the other day going to lunch....... both of which were highly impressed afterwards..... another guy here at work with a 98 or so 6 cyl stick shift stang with 17" wheels can only get about 55 or so before his tires start squealing....!

I really hope it makes alot of difference at the strip... so I can 60' in the 1.5's....or so..... Everybody I have talked to said it would.... but I am skeptical..... all my intuition says that if it is great for handling... it usually isn't for the dragstrip....... We will see......

Went to the 1/4 mile track yesterday. Didn't get the 60' time I was looking for. I still need to remove the front swaybar, roll the fender lips, and cut the air pressure on the rears alot....... still managed a 1.71 60' time on a 5 lb launch. (previous best was 1.81 on a 10# launch) I need to work up to a 10-12# launch to get in the 1.5's ..... anyway.... car is somewhat quicker despite all the stuff I didn't get around to doing.... and was lean.... :eek: best mph was almost 108 last night... but was still lean.....WB02's in the high 11's...... kept picking up speed as I progressively got richer.....need to get 112+ to have a chance at some mid to high 11's on this stock longblock/stock turbo combo...... I guess the dutt neck intercooler made enough of a difference in my tune to make it lean out like it did..... MPH would have also been higher... but it was pushing a 10-15mph headwind most of the afternoon........

Any comments?

arms

Did you take pice of the boxed arms? Or better yet, while you were doing it? Would be great to see!

No I didn't.... It was pretty straight forward.... guess I should have.... If I would have spent a little more time.....I would have boxed them all the way around the end... but it looked like it would have been real time consuming to do that and still leave room to get to the grease fitting in the bushing.... as it was.... I stopped boxing them about the middle of the control arm bushing.... so the ends of mine are open to allow access to the grease fitting..... It appears to be working just fine at this point...

Back