You can type here any text you want

I Hate Autozone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85typet

i hate autozone ass . they gave me a headgasket set for a naturally aspirated 3.8! :mad::mad:i told the guy eight times that the car was TURBOCHARGED :smile: AND HIS PUNK ASS GAVE ME A HEAD GASKET SET FOR A NA V6:(.! who makes the best gaskets for our cars and how well do they hold up?:confused:

because the computer told him to...hahahahah....best bet is to go in with the part number

I agree, the people at Autozone are only trained to know how to read what the computer tells them. For future reference, your best bet is to know what part number you need, and go in and order it. Makes it harder for them to get you the wrong part.

I'm surprised they didn't argue with you that "there is no way Buick was putting turbos on old people's cars in the 80's.".

Do like I do.....order it online and pick it up. You are still at the mercy of the parts picker, but if you know the part number, order it yourself !!!

In the future just go to a napa or carquest auto parts the guys behind the counter have many years in the parts buisness

I agree with going to Napa...Them guys always know whats going on.. I only goto autozone for their oil change deals.. Cant beat it for less then 20 bucks

I agree with going to Napa...Them guys always know whats going on.. I only goto autozone for their oil change deals.. Cant beat it for less then 20 bucks

If the supplies cost $20 and you do the oil change its worth it. If they do the oil change for $20 run for the hills. Im a mechanic at a real shop and we have customers coming back all the time after one visit with them. A common one thats been happeneing is customers are told by those places that the drain plug is overtightned and should go back to who did it last and get a refund. Then when they come back to us and we put it on the lift and the drain plug comes out with out a problem we start to scratch our heads. So we gave them a call and it turns out that after a good 30-40 mins on the phone, they finally say that the car was to hot or to close to the exhaust for them to work on and they never said the drain plug was over tightened....This has happened six or seven times this summer alone.

I don't use NAPA in my town. One of the counter guys is self aborbed dick and I aways seem to get him.

Actuallly, if your car is a1985, these head gaskets were not available after market, only from GM and were discontinued years ago.

If the supplies cost $20 and you do the oil change its worth it. If they do the oil change for $20 run for the hills. Im a mechanic at a real shop and we have customers coming back all the time after one visit with them. A common one thats been happeneing is customers are told by those places that the drain plug is overtightned and should go back to who did it last and get a refund. Then when they come back to us and we put it on the lift and the drain plug comes out with out a problem we start to scratch our heads. So we gave them a call and it turns out that after a good 30-40 mins on the phone, they finally say that the car was to hot or to close to the exhaust for them to work on and they never said the drain plug was over tightened....This has happened six or seven times this summer alone.

Yeah I just buy the oil and filter and do it myself.. My father is has been a top mechanic for over 35 years.. Hed kick my arse if i didnt do my own work haha...

Back