I have a story you will never believe

I was looking at the column this morning. I don't think we can save it. So if any of you know of one I think I am going to need one. The one thats in it is the blue. it's in a pic above.

Funny now that the car is at a shop they are so busy with paying work I can't get a lift... Figures... Oh well we are off to finish up the house this morning.. Wish me luck.. Hope the rat has left the building.. hehehehehe

I been thinking about this since I made my first post in this thread. Once again, I REALLY commend what you are doing man. Its really awesome of you.

Now, I have been trying to think of a way that I can help. I dont really have any cash or spare parts of anything, but, I do remember you mentioning that you wanted to get plates in honor of this gentleman. This is what I CAN offer. Not many know this, but I do vinyl graphics and decals as a side job. If you would like, I would be more than willing to donate my time and materials to make a decal or maybe a plaquer board for use at shows in honor of this. If that sounds like something you would like to do, shoot me a PM and we will get it figured out. Its up to you either way....just putting it out there.

So we spent most of the day yesterday at the house. The 40yd dumpster is full. The garbage is all cleaned out. All that is left in the house is Mr. Simmermacher's personal stuff.

I am so glad his house was so full of garbage or the meth heads would have found some very expensive thing's. There was a ruby ring that belonged to his father that was more than 2ct's. A grocery bag full of U.S. Savings bond's, another full of bond's from the I-90 Floating bridge in 1962 I believe. $5000.00ea that come due in 2011 over a hundred of them. I know they would not have been able to do anything with them being as they have his and his fathers names on them but boy they would have tried. And once they were gone he would have had no clue what he had. He didn't even remember having them.... Crazy

There is 10yrs worth of unopened mail. Checks made out to him for thousands of dollars. never opened.

So today we are going up to get some more done with his personal stuff. We will be going thru all of the unopened mail and sorting it and shredding whatever has his personal info on it. Then we have all of his suits which he purchased throughout his life from nordstroms. ties he paid 300.00 for about a hundred of them, cufflinks by the box. I told him we should donate to the salvation army. he laughed. We would have a bunch of well dressed bums.... I dont know what we are going to do with this stuff.

Antique furniture from the 40's and 50's...

Gonna be fun to make him get rid of this stuff. He has no place to keep it. And it would just sit there for another 40 yrs.

We chatted last night for about 3hs at his kitchen table. had some good laughs and I learned a whole bunch about the history of his family and himself...

It's great to have a new friend..

IT'S ALIVE

We spent most of yesterday morning at the house going thru mail that hadn't been opened for more than 3yrs. Its amazing how much time it takes to do this stuff. Pretty much all done now minus his personal effects.. Thank God.

The guy's at the shop did alot of work on the car too. The changed the oil and filter, drained the fuel and cleaned the tank, replaced the filter. Primed the oil pump and BAM it started right up.

It ran a little rough but smoothed right out. No valve train noise. Needs a muffler and tail pipes. But OMG what a beautiful thing.

About 5:30 Dan from GN Northwest called and needed a hand with a heater for his shop. I ran down with the tow truck and we plucked the thing from the shelf about 12ft from the floor and placed it into Geno's turck. Oh and hey I know him too. Small world... What great guy's.

More to the story to come... licensed today. I think I'm gonna have to take it clearview this weekend just to show it off a little... wooohoooooo This is so much fun...

Yeah

So he's going to be able to cash in $500,000 in bonds next year? :eek:

close as I can tell, Some of these bonds came due in the 80's. I have about 10 more we found there yesterday that came due March of 2010... These are worth, Get this------- $273,000 DOLLARS each... What smart investors these people were.. Mr. Simmermacher was like , Gee I guess I should give these to my broker huh? Well I guess only if you really need some money... He smiled and said nawww....

What a funny old guy....

This has sure been fun though...

He will really be shocked when I roll up out front with his car this weekend.. I can't wait to see him smile...

So let me get this straight....he has 2.7 million sitting there that he doesn't even need and he lives in a trailer :eek: This guys sounds like quite the character

Exactly

So let me get this straight....he has 2.7 million sitting there that he doesn't even need and he lives in a trailer :eek: This guys sounds like quite the character

You would never know this about this man. But what a humble guy.. Maybe this is why we clicked... I have enough to get by and could never ask for anything more than I have. I am so happy just to be able to house and feed my family. As long as I have my family, friends and health, I am a rich man..

The friends I have made thru this little project are amazing also. My life is so much richer for it too...

We took the car out for it's first drive in more than 17yrs today. This has got to be the fastest stock street car I have ever been in. The power is amazing. I had my friend who is more like an adopted Dad to me and my mechanic, drive me around today.. He had the biggest smile on his face. I felt like I was a 15yo kid going for a run with one of my big brothers...

He has a SHO tbird with the little 4cyl turbo hopped up. He said he wanted to race and would give me a lead... We chukkled a little... UNTIL HE DROVE IT.. Then he said, well maybe the little ford wouldn't keep up... But I will still race ya in the Saleen 2008 Mustang. I said uh no, no racin for me..... But what a great day.

We will go up tomorrow and get it all detailed out for our first weekend out...
Wooooohhhooooooooooo :)

Can ya tell Im happy. ;)

Hey Mike,

If you can, meet me at GN Northwest at 10am tomorrow morning. I will have the wheels for you. ;)

Bill

Hey Mike,

If you can, meet me at GN Northwest at 10am tomorrow morning. I will have the wheels for you. ;)

Bill

Awesome Bill,

Will do. If you could please call me sometime in the morning to help me make sure Im there on time. sometimes when I am out towing cars all night I tend to forget. Usually not important stuff like this but a couple hours of sleep can do that to a guy ya know.. 425-238-5007

Thanks again so very much

Mike

Mike,
Great to hear you have the car up and running. Let me offer a bit of advice.... since you now know some TR guys in your area, please take the car over to the GN shop and have one of them slap a scanmaster in it and take it for a ride while monitoring all the vitals. It is absolutely essential that the car is not running lean when you run the car hard... even for a quick wide-open squirt.... when these cars go lean, the headgaskets go BOOM!.... or worse.... burnt pistons, burnt valves, scored cylinders, etc..... a knowledgable GN guy can tell you instantly the state of tune of the car from a quick trip up and down the road.... cheap and valuable insurance and you will allow you to feel confident that the car is tuned properly and not in any state that could potentially result in expensive damage to the engine. Plus, just by doing this, you will learn an AMAZING amount, by taking the time to listen and learn what all the sensors are telling you.... guarantee you'll be shopping for your own scanmaster the day after. I'm sure any of those guys would be more than happy to go for a ride.... didn't I read that Turbofabricator is a couple blocks away?? Give him a call....:wink:

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH.

Bill, Thank's so much for the wheels...

Brian, Thanks for all of the tips. I will do that.

I will post pictures tomorrow of the way it looked in the morning. Then I will post some pics of how it looks now. My wife and I and one of our friends did a minor detail on the interior, trunk, and engine bay. Looks pretty spiffy. I wish I was a little more confident in taking mechanical things apart so I could detail the engine better, But Im not so I do what I can..

Gleno, Thank You for all the kind words today. You are a great guy...

Man this car is SO COOL..... Can't wait for the old man to see it...

This is a really great thread! If I were closer i would lend a hand!

BTW, how is the interior and the paint? Are the bumper fillers in good condition?

Wow!

Great thread. Congrats and welcome.:)

This site has been blessed with alot of great people. We were all new to these cars at one point. Lots of good info here on tuning, what to buy, and what not to buy. Thanks for sharing this amazing story. The pics are great. Let us know what we can do to help.

Again. Welcome.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

This is a really great thread! If I were closer i would lend a hand!

BTW, how is the interior and the paint? Are the bumper fillers in good condition?

Thanks,

The interior is near perfect minus a seperation on the pass door panel where the fabric meets the plastic lower. No biggie my local shop said about 35.00 to repair.

Paint seems to be in good condition but wont know for sure till my local body shop does the cut and buff on Monday. These guy's only work on high end cars so I know the won't kill the paint..

All of the bumper fillers are in ecellent condition too.

I think I have a line on a steering column also. Just have to put together the cash..

Some progress today

I went up first thing this morning and got the car out planning to spend my day on it. We dinked around a little under the hood. Checking things out. Making sure all the hoses were good. We found a couple vac. lines that were rotten and replaced them.

I think he said they went to the wastegate. Glad he found those.. Everything else has looked pretty good and I just wanted to get it out on the road and see how it drove. Brought my new temp plate with me...
runner2.jpg

Figured I would shoot a few pics of how it was befre my wife and I wet to town on the cleaning spree... Pretty dirty when ya really get to looking at it.
runner3.jpg

Interior looked pretty nice though..
runner1.jpg

The wheels are pretty NASTY though. I have to thank Cliff and Bill both so much for offering up wheels. So I just cleaned the up a bit and will wait for the wheels before I even think about tires.
run06.jpg

run05.jpg

run04.jpg

Engine compartment is dirty and some rust.. The turbo shield makes me crazy. I don't know what to do with it.
run03.jpg

From the front
run07.jpg

This is how I like to see the cop's, Workin on my car after work of course
run08.jpg

So someone said to take a picture of this tag.. Anyone help me with this?
run10.jpg

The Meth heads will NEVER get this car..... And I guess if they do they will wish they hadn't:eek:..... Parked for the night at the Fortress....
run09.jpg

run11.jpg

I will take some pics in the morning of the work we got done today. Pretty productive actually...

STAY TUNED

Great Pics, keep them coming! Seeing your police friend working on the GN with his belt on scares me :eek: would hate to see the fender get scratched! Other than that you have a great GN that just needs some TLC!!

Oh yeah

Great Pics, keep them coming! Seeing your police friend working on the GN with his belt on scares me :eek: would hate to see the fender get scratched! Other than that you have a great GN that just needs some TLC!!

See how far away from the car he is? He knows I have one of those things on my hip too...:biggrin: And he is a car guy so knows better than to scratch the car. That's like dating my wife.:eek: hehehehehe

This will not be a garage or trailer queen. I am gonna drive this car. Dents dings and other stupid stuff will happen. Buthey wadda ya do. If it aint perfect I wont drive my self nuts trying to keep it that way. I want us to be able to enjoy the car..

One of my other friends says you can't drive that car. It's near perfect with such low miles. You should sell it to someone who will just keep it safe.
Well thats not what cool things are about for me. If I can't enjoy them I don't want em.

Damn sun went away here again this morning. So todays pics will have to wait for a bit...

Good Morning Evereyone..

Looks like the front bumper is bent below the grill Mike. Is it the pic or do you have some damage there?