I have a story you will never believe

About the SPID label....

It's a real GN (if you had any doubt)

WE2=GN package

LC2=Turbo V6

G80=Posi-traction

19U= Upper paint code... black

82C= Black & Grey cloth interior

These are the most common codes to look for when IDing a GN.

If you want to de-code the entire car, here you go........http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html

Looks like the front bumper is bent below the grill Mike. Is it the pic or do you have some damage there?

Your eyes are not playing tricks on you.... the bumper is dented. :cool: Other than that, the car is real straight. A true survivor.

About the SPID label....

It's a real GN (if you had any doubt)

WE2=GN package

LC2=Turbo V6

G80=Posi-traction

19U= Upper paint code... black

82C= Black & Grey cloth interior

These are the most common codes to look for when IDing a GN.

If you want to de-code the entire car, here you go........Buick Turbo Regal Option Codes (Regular Production Options - RPO)

I had no doubt. Just didn't really know what all the codes were. Now I do thanks to you... I will go look at the rest of these things too.. Appreciate the help..:)

Looks like the front bumper is bent below the grill Mike. Is it the pic or do you have some damage there?

Yes indeed it is. Looks like it was pushed back about an inch or so. No biggie though. Gives the car a little personality. I don't want a perfect car. As OCD as I am I would be freakin every time I drove it... :eek:

Pics from this morning.. I wanted sun but hey wadda ya do?
DETAIL01.jpg

Ahhhhhh thats a little better

DETAIL02.jpg

DETAIL03.jpg

runner2.jpg

Looks a little better today.. JUST DRIVE IT

So my beautiful wife took some pictures tonight while we were out taking the new treasure for a drive. This car rides like new......
Wicked 6......
IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4444.jpg

I love this one
IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg

Clean
IMG_4456.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

Meth Heads musta missed this one
IMG_4458.jpg

Open Wide
IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4465.jpg

Hey, Don't I know you?
IMG_4467.jpg

Damn and I resized those too.. sorry so big guy's

IMG_4469.jpg

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4475.jpg

IMG_4476.jpg

IMG_4477.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_4480.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

My wife could make a turd look good thru a lens...... I love her..... Great pictures, Can't wait for a cut and buff, set of new wheels. Then lets see how sweet she can make it look.

Right by a lake in the summer and no chicas in bikinis? What wrong with you man?:eek: Where's the bling?:biggrin: LOL

Right by a lake in the summer and no chicas in bikinis? What wrong with you man?:eek: Where's the bling?:biggrin: LOL

Thats not the lake, It's Puget Sound. also, The hottest woman I know was taking the pictures so we wont get to see her 108lb hotness in these either...;)

So we took it out for it's first actual short trip last night. I am doing a few small trips by myself to make sure this car is road worthy enough to cart Mr. Simmermacher around without fear of a breakdown. I really don't think he need's to be sitting on the side of the road with me waiting for my tow truck to come get us... hahahaha

So we took it to our little Clearview cruise in. My wife followed in our Toyota supra just to kind of get a look at the car and keep an eye on things. It's always nice to have a chase vehicle when doing a shakedown.. Im kinda scared all by myself.... :)

The car runs great. Seems to have a little issue when cold. Wants to die. But after a good warm up runs like new. Hope to get this thing looked at this week sometime.

It was a big hit with everyone there. I did up some flyers with an abbreviated story and just put them on the windsheild. They took them all. I told the story about 15 times to people. Lost my voice pretty much today... I had people in tears, amazed, in awe, it was really fun to see someone's face when they asked how much I paid and I would say. "All it cost me was a little kindness and compassion" They were like huh? I said it was free.............. Then they would make me tell the story....

I think my wife told the story 10 times too. We were the only Turbo Buick there... Nice to be the center of attention. All of my friend were just freakin out when the saw us roll up in it. No one knew we had it. We usually ride the bike up due to the fact our only real cool car isn't done yet. But now we have a REALLY COOL car that is done. :)

I was so busy talking to people I didn't even take one picture. Oh bad me.

Today I will take it on a little longer of a run. My friend's son will be racing in Bellingham which is a good hour each way so I will put some miles on it today... I think this is the most fun I have had in a very long time... I can't wait until it's totally ready and I can take it to Mr. Simmermacher and say.... Hey it looks like it did the day ya bought it.

So next on the list is cut and buff, remove steering column and rebuild, Wheels and new tires, fuel pump and hot wire kit, Hopefully get the cold start issue resolved and exhaust, which is rotted by the way..

Have a great day guy's

The car runs great. Seems to have a little issue when cold. Wants to die. But after a good warm up runs like new.

It's got the stock chip.... and as such, it is a little cold blooded. Absolutely normal. They ALL did that, even brand spanking new off the showroom floor. My car would die (or try) once or twice everytime on a morning startup. The stock chip was/is a pretty darn poor calibration. $85 for a new TurboTweak chip and you will be AMAZED at the difference!!! Really! Night and day. Perfect startup, glass smooth idle, seamless tip-in, fantastic mileage, awesome wot performance. User adjustable via scan tool for fuel and timing to compensate as you make small modifications like cold air intake, exhaust, fuel quality, etc.... Eric's chips are second to none.... he has the calibration nailed to perfection. You will think it's a different car....

Today I will take it on a little longer of a run. My friend's son will be racing in Bellingham which is a good hour each way so I will put some miles on it today... I think this is the most fun I have had in a very long time... I can't wait until it's totally ready and I can take it to Mr. Simmermacher and say.... Hey it looks like it did the day ya bought it.

Next time you get up this way give me a call... I'm a short drive away!! :D