I have a story you will never believe

Finally finished reading the threads. This is an awesome story. I can't believe how good the car looks with what you did to it. Congrats man & good luck.

Hey Ted thanks, It has been fun. But I haven't really had to do much to it as you see. And without all of the help I've gotten I would still be in the first stages of this.

The people here at TurboBuick.com have been sooooooo cool. My friends at the shop who helped me get it going are the best too. All of the Guy's and Gal at GN Northwest have also been huge supporters of our whole project here.

I have never in my life found such a great family. Everyone so willing to lend a hand, or some advice. Cliff from Oregon will be getting a visit from my brother on Friday to pick up the wheel's he donated to the project. THANK YOU SO MUCH Cliff....

Bill gave us a pair of wheels too so we might be able to have a set after we get rid of the 2 which I don't believe we can salvage..

The locksmith is donating his time rebuilding the column so we can have the original key and column anyway.

Again I have to say "Thank You All Sooooooo Much"

Soon my new friend and I will be out Cruzing in our car........:cool:

So my brother picked up the wheels from Cliff last night. He says they are awesome. Thanks Cliff. Hopefully have the new Eagle Gt's mounted this week sometime.

The locksmith found new NOS collars for the column and will have them here this week sometime too. So I think in the next few weeks it will be all put back together and mobile again. Then it will be paying a visit to GN Northwest for Dan to work a little of his magic on it.

Thanks everyone

So today I have to thank Cliff so very very much. I cant believe how nice these wheels are. They are in near perfect condition. I cant believe a guy would be willing to just GIVE these away for a project like ours.

I cant wait to see them on the car. I am really wanting to get a set of eagle GtII's for them so it looks like it did in 1987. Just hope all of the stuff I have been posting on craigslist sells so i can afford em.

Thanks so much Cliff

Congrats on the GN and I'll bet that man in appreciative that you are taking the time to sort through his "mess" in which he lives.

The story on my silver 87 T was similar. The original lady owner didn't have the money to restore the car (or even have it fixed). Plus, she didn't want to sell it to someone that was just going to part it out or buy it for junk. Instead, she trusted me enough to sell it to me for an attractive price! I have since restored the car and have taken it to shows where she attended. She's very appreciative that I kept my "word" that I was going to restore the car and bring it back to life again!:D It's a GREAT feeling when stuff like this happens!:cool:

Here's the original owner... standing proudly by "her" car.;)

car-show%20(2).JPG

So I havent talked to mr. simmermacher in a few days as i try to leave him alone on the weekends so as not to become a pain. I know he likes his space. i was supposed to see him monday to put some wiper blades on his car. which by the way he drives to the store once a week.

I called monday am about 8 and no answer. I also know he can be somewhat elusive when he doesnt want to be bothered. So i just went on about my day. I called again at 10am and still nothing. i left a message and asked him to give me a ring. I really dont want to intrude on his life, just make sure he is ok being he has no one to look after him on a daily basis.

Nothing from him by tuesday morning. i called 5 times and went by but no answer. Now i am in a delema with myself as what to do. i kept telling myself something was wrong but then i kept telling myself it was really not my place to call and ask for a welfare check on him either. I was just putting myself in his place and how i would feel if the cops showed up at my door when i was just hiding out. which by the way is what a recluse does.

It drove me krazy all night and into this morning. I called at 8am no answer. i had an auction here and after that I called again. Ok now im worried. I called the 55+ trailer park he lives in and asked them to check on him. They called back and said he was down and couldnt get up. OMG NO.... the aid car was on its way. So was I.

We dont know how long he was down but at a minimum 24hrs. Oh you have no clue how bad i feel right now. I have spent the last 6hrs at the hospital with him. He has some major issues that need to be dealt with. But he is awake and very aware. I could just shoot myself for not doing something sooner.

I hope he will be ok thru all of this.

this story is amazing!
Hope he gets better quick!
There is nothing more you could have done. Imagine the trouble he'd of been in if you would have never been around in the first place. Everything happens for a reason!

Good luck!

Thanks so much guy's. I just left the hospital again and he seems to be doing better today. The excessive drinking has created some major health issues. His sister came today to get all of his affairs in order. I feel better now knowing he has some kind of family member there with him.

Its gonna be a long road.

My buddy is out of the hospital and moved into a rehab facility. so he can get back some strength. He has decided that drinking is over now. I really hope that to be the case. Working now on just getting him better and up and mobile.

Got the lens for the dash and installed it. I feel much better now not looking at a gaping hole. Next is to paint the wheel's while I wait for the column to get done. Waiting on parts.

New dash panel looks great. Oh and I did it my self without breaking it... yipppiieeee
newdash1.jpg

newdash2.jpg

I just went to see Mr. Simmermacher. I took him his new Turbo Thunder XI T-shirt. He was so excited. He said, " Now I have something to wear when you take me up to meet those guy's at GN Northwest" After you get me feeling better anyway. They came in to take him down to physical therepy this morning. He is in great spirits. He can't wait to get out in the car.

We will be heading out today for Calistoga, Ca for the AMA Grand National Flattrack race on Saturday. I hope the column gets done this weekend so we can get going on the rest of the to do list....

Freakin theives should be a little more careful with their hammers.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

dash2.jpg

So last night Guy my pal at the shop pulled the ign. switch. They all think that the column is done for. I have another friend who says the thing can be removed and rebuild. so at the moment I am not sure where to go from here. But now we can atleast get the ignition to turn on. Which we have not done with power so as not to suck old fuel into the fuel pump and injectors...

538842581_1905594627_0.jpg

538842339_1905593727_0.jpg

Gotta love the jerk offs that caused this damage. Sure hope they get the book thrown at them. I can't stand anyone who rips off anothers hard work/possessions. Hopefully it'll be back on the road soon.

The RIGHT parts for the column came in yesterday. he will be putting it back together this weekend. It should be back in sometime next week. :)

We have fixed everything they broke, we have brought new life to the motor. we have givin this car it's life back. :)

Still a few more things for the GN Northwest guy's to help us with and It will be better than the day he rolled it out of the show room at Clyde Revord Buick in Everett Wa on July 22nd 1987... :)

I just read the whole thread through...i laughed, I cried...what a story! Hearing something like this really confirms for me the idea of "pay it forward." Great movie, by the way. I have a 1972 Triumph Stag ( one of 300+ imported) that has a similar story, sat for years and bought for very small sum with promise to restore. Anyway, thus my post....Somewhere along the line it got a 1978 Buick v6 donated to it which has now has a loud rod knock...time for a new engine. I found a 1984 turbo GN engine at a salvage yard I toyed with putting in, but that would involve quite a bit of extra work. But hearing the true dedication to these cars on this site and this thread thought I would let ya'll know where it is if anyone wants a complete engine. All American Classics in Vancouver, WA has it and are asking $1990 for it. I guess they know what they have. As for me... I think I will go with the 1980 Skyhawk with half the HP :(

Great thread, and a reminder for everyone to "pay it forward"!!! Good luck to your buddy and a speedy recovery.:smile:

Sorry...By the way, if anyone knows of a good thread with good starter modifications for the stock 231, please let me know. Thanks.

We are gettin him all better. He is happy to still be here. I am happy to still have him. I spent a few hours at the house today starting on the 2nd 40yd garbage container. They picked up the first one yesterday and left this for us to finish up with.

My wife and I had some help the other day which was nice. His sister came up and helped us go thru most of the family stuff. Makes it better for us so we don't throw away important family memories and momentos.

Here is the first load.
40yd.jpg

Ordered my Goodyear Eagle GT II's today. They will be here tues or wed. My brother better get on the stick and get my wheels finished. Thats all for now, Going up to hang out with my buddy for a few hours.. Have a great day. :)