I have a story you will never believe

This is an AMAZING STORY!!!!!!!

I hope Mr. Simmer is OK.

Most definately THREAD OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks JD

Keep the posts COMING!!!

Simply an amazing story.

It goes to show, doing good deeds can be very rewarding. I'm proud of you, and your wife for making a diffrence in Mr. Simmers life. On this note, you probably saved his life:)

Ray

I look at it this way, We were for some reason brought together. I don't know why and I dosen't really matter. What matters is that we all have in some way impacted each others lives for the better.

Thank's guy's

I just spent 2 hours up there with him and the time just fly's. We talk about every subject under the sun. We get so involved in conversation that the only way we quit talking is when the nurse comes in or my phone rings.

It's like knowing someone your whole life who you always had something in common with. I am so blessed for having this man in my life.

please post up a parts list

I have a few parts laying around,
I'm sure others may have some too!

Great story, and big thumbs up to you!

A beginning of a list

I have a few parts laying around,
I'm sure others may have some too!

Great story, and big thumbs up to you!

The parts list for this car is pretty small. But off the top of my head before GN Northwest get's it and Dan, Gene, and Jason tell me what I REALLY need would be these. I have to Thank Bill, Cliff, and Everegreen auto service for the parts and service they all have donated already to our car.

1. Gene said it need's the wiskers that go in the door to wipe the windows.
2. Sun visors Gray. the ones we have, the foam in them has just gone poof, It's like dust in there.

Thats all I can see at the moment.

Thank You
Mike

I can't wait to get under the hood. :)

Hey Mike - swing by the shop sometime this afternoon if you get the chance. I think we have a pair of used visors in the back. They *might* be better than what you have already - you can have them in any case.

The parts list for this car is pretty small. But off the top of my head before GN Northwest get's it and Dan, Gene, and Jason tell me what I REALLY need would be these. I have to Thank Bill, Cliff, and Everegreen auto service for the parts and service they all have donated already to our car.

1. Gene said it need's the wiskers that go in the door to wipe the windows.
2. Sun visors Gray. the ones we have, the foam in them has just gone poof, It's like dust in there.

Thats all I can see at the moment.

Thank You
Mike

Hey Jason, My wife was very happy to meet you yesterday,
She said "you find the nicest friends" and I have to admit she is right.
Thanks buddy

Ok so now on to the rest of the story again, We FINISHED the house this morning. we spent about three hours there and rmoved the rest of the stuff and the 2nd 40yd dumpster is FULL.... now all that is left for me to do is sell all of the antique furniture and stuff. So by the end of this month I will be done with simmerz old life.

We have a meeting at the rehab center today with all of the staff and social worker to determine when he will be good enough to go home. There are some issues with his health still that need to be handled. I am not sure the place he is in is doing the best job they can.

I hope the steering column comes this week. Seems like the car is just waiting for us to get it out. I think Simmerz is too.

Lot's of stuff getting done now, Wheel's center's painted, Check - Tire's showed up yesterday morning Goodyear Eagle GT II's, Check - Wheel's checked for a bent one, NOPE, - Check - Steering column will be done tomorrow, Check - Tires mounted and balanced this morning, Check... Man I hope I get to drive it this weekend. Weather looks to be AMAZING......

Going for a ride to Les Schwab
wheels1.jpg

tires1.jpg

Subscribed! What an amazing story! You are a God send to Mr Simmerz. Its great to know there are good folks like you out there. You could have easily swindled the GN from the old man, but you didn't and did the right thing. Kudo's to you! Hope you have lots of fun times and headaches with it :biggrin:

Jason

having so much fun already and I have only been able to drive it a few times. but its still summer in seattle....

Woooohoooo, look what I found when I got to my yard this morning. They were here at 8am sharp to get it done,

A HUGE Thank You to Keith and Carl at Everett Auto Wrecking for taking the time to fully rebuild the column. all of the internal parts are new.

I also installed the wheels and tires, took it up to the body shop for a buff job.. What a great monday.

columnin.jpg

Looks much better now. I know where you are but go to your user controls and add some info like location and a sig. This really will help in the end. One other thing I will mention is to make sure the plate number is missing. Keeps thieves away in the end.

Looks much better now. I know where you are but go to your user controls and add some info like location and a sig. This really will help in the end. One other thing I will mention is to make sure the plate number is missing. Keeps thieves away in the end.

Thank You Charlie:tongue:

So here ya go. The first steps into the project. I took it over to Simmerz yesterday and had to drag his b u tt out of the rehab center to see it. He was amazed. He said there is no whay that is my car. If it is it looks better than the day I picked it up.. I was soooooooo Happy. He was too. Hope to get him out in it saturday. Thanks everyone.

Picture049.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture056.jpg

WOW!! Looks amazing... like brand freakin' new! What a difference from the first pictures you posted in such a short time! That front 3/4 shot of it facing down the boat ramp looks like it came straight from the original Buick brochure!! Congrats!! :cool:

WOW!! Looks amazing... like brand freakin' new! What a difference from the first pictures you posted in such a short time! That front 3/4 shot of it facing down the boat ramp looks like it came straight from the original Buick brochure!! Congrats!! :cool:

My wife the photog thank's you sooooo much.

Wooooohoooo, I love that pic too.

He's a Rock Star for sure

Amazing! The car turned out great.:cool: Hope Mr. S gets in good enough shape to enjoy the car along with you.
John