I have a story you will never believe

Very cool story. I think the more important thing isn't that you got a car for free, but that you got a friend.

By the way, you should really check out the DermaClose for that gaping wound. Good results - little time. Ask his doctor if he's heard of it. You can see it at woundcaretech.com.

Thing is, Medicare doctors get reimbursed for wound closure based on the size of the scar, so plastic surgeons have often been resistant to use the DermaClose, but it could be a good option.

Very cool story. I think the more important thing isn't that you got a car for free, but that you got a friend.

By the way, you should really check out the DermaClose for that gaping wound. Good results - little time. Ask his doctor if he's heard of it. You can see it at woundcaretech.com.

Thing is, Medicare doctors get reimbursed for wound closure based on the size of the scar, so plastic surgeons have often been resistant to use the DermaClose, but it could be a good option.

Thanks. and yes the best part of this is my new friendship. They installed the wound vac this morning. I have been so busy today I have just sat down at my desk to catch a breath. I will be on my way up there as soon as the cops leave my yard. I recovered a stolen vehicle so they gotta do the paperwork.

My first tow of the day was the car buried under this bus... Rain makes people crazy I tell ya.

buswreck.jpg

A little help from the guy's at Dick's. They lifted and swung the bus off of my car.... Oh and the hooked my car for me... Woah gotta love a little help on the scene..

dicksbus.jpg

Mikey,

I found out about your story through the The First Generation Monte Carlo Club ('70-'72) forums and after reading this whole thread, I had to join to comment and bookmark this story. First, you are a stand-up guy. Good on ya for doing the right thing. From what I can tell, you've always been a good man and I'm sincerely glad that fortune, karma, God, whatever you want to call it, has rewarded you for taking the path less traveled.

Then you went above and beyond and made the decision to keep a friend for life and look after him (Mr. S). I'm betting his friendship is the true prize here. The responsibility you took upon yourself to ensure Mr. S is safe, healthy, and happy is commendable. I am glad just to have been able to read an uplifting story like yours.

Now, I'm a huge fan of GNs although I don't own one. I have to say I am very impressed with this club's members reaching out to help you as they have. There are two amazing stories here: you and Mr. S, and your new fellow club members. Bravo!

Finally, I felt compelled to share another story, which I'll try to keep short and to the point. I got the 1970 Monte Carlo SS454 below from a friend in the FGMCC club. He had gotten it from another club member who was the second owner and had fallen on hard times. I began a frame off restoration and kept the second owner updated with pictures and stories of the car's progress, which kept his spirits high despite his circumstances (his was truly a sad story) and he and I became good friends. Eventually I too fell on hard times and with the car about 80% complete, I turned to yet another club member who purchased the car and finished the project. In the end, the car turned out to be a stunner, in my opinion, from it's humble beginnings, and I gained some friends who are more valuable to me than any car could be.

Before:

PriorToRestoration3.jpg

After:

IMG_0609.jpg

Keep up the good work and keep us posted, Mikey.

Regards,
Nate Z.

I also joined becuase of this story being posted on a site I admin PAtuned.com

Amazing story and brings back some faith in people in general. You sir are a perfect example how to treat customers, you did right by this guy in a horrible situation and Karma thanked you.

I run a Car Audio and Performance shop in Lemoyne Pa, if you need any random parts and cant find him please message me, I will be glad to help in any way possible!

It's really amazing how this story has traveled. I never thought by comming here and asking the members for advice and insight that it would turn into this. I keep telling simmerz that this whole thing is just nut's.

We were talking this morning while I was visiting him about next summer and how much fun we are going to have just hanging out and showing off his car and telling our story. I hope business here will pick up enough for me to hire another driver like it used to be so I can have some time to do some shows and cruise in's with him.

We have a doctors appt. on the 8th of sept. to check out the progress of the wound on his back. The vac seem's to be doing it's job. I really want them to show me how it works.

Thank's everyone for all of the comments and interest. You all are wonderful people.

I also joined becuase of this story being posted on a site I admin PAtuned.com

Amazing story and brings back some faith in people in general. You sir are a perfect example how to treat customers, you did right by this guy in a horrible situation and Karma thanked you.

I run a Car Audio and Performance shop in Lemoyne Pa, if you need any random parts and cant find him please message me, I will be glad to help in any way possible!

Welcome aboard!:biggrin: For some reason this site is unique and is truely one that I'm gld I joined. It's helped me quite a bit and is a fantastic group of people for the most part. There are a few bad apples but fortunatly we seem to be able to control them most of the time. Once again, welcome aboard and thanks for the offer of help.:cool:

It's really amazing how this story has traveled. I never thought by comming here and asking the members for advice and insight that it would turn into this. I keep telling simmerz that this whole thing is just nut's.

We were talking this morning while I was visiting him about next summer and how much fun we are going to have just hanging out and showing off his car and telling our story. I hope business here will pick up enough for me to hire another driver like it used to be so I can have some time to do some shows and cruise in's with him.

We have a doctors appt. on the 8th of sept. to check out the progress of the wound on his back. The vac seem's to be doing it's job. I really want them to show me how it works.

Thank's everyone for all of the comments and interest. You all are wonderful people.

You've have done a very neat thing and this is a wonderful thing these days. There are very few people that would go as far as you have to adopt someone in the mannor you have and made a difference. You're turely paying it back and I hope that the friendship you've discovered last a long time.:cool:

This friendship will last till the day I die. Because that is how long I will have the memories and the car. I hope that time does not come too soon.

I think my buddy and I have a long life of hangin out just being guy's together. I really wish he could be with me doin some summer stuff right now, But healing takes time.
I am an impatient guy

What an amazing story. I've never been an emotional person, and have never wanted to tell a bunch of car guys I got all teary eyed from reading some posts online, but man, i've never been so touched by a story told by a stranger. It's truly an amazing journey you've had. If only every person had the heart you have. Everyone wishes for a friendship like the one you've created with Mr.S, if they don't, they should.

I've been directed here from svtperformance.com, this story is getting out! And i'm glad, everyone should read this, this is how life SHOULD be! This is how friendships SHOULD be! You're story is truly an inspiration to me, and surely for others. I really wish you were closer to Indiana, my Father and I own a body shop, and both have a passion for t-types, Grand Nationals, And GNX's and i'm sure he would have no problem throwing a slick paint job on that thing free of charge. If you think you could ever get the car up this way, PLEASE let me know.

I'm sorry for the rambling, i'm just truly touched by your story, it's just awesome! I hope you guys can get those bonds and Mr.S's health straightened out. I'm sure the friendship you've struck up with him has helped his health in more ways than you'd think. There I go again with the rambling haha

Last paragraph, I promise. Please update this thread with as much info as you can, you've done a great job so far. I'll be checking this thread frequently, hopefully for some more good news! You've changed a 20 year olds way of thinking, and i'm sure you know how stubborn us young guys are, so consider this unintentional fantastic story, a job well done.

All the best,
Vince.:smile:

Vince,
Thanks for the kind words buddy, You know I spent most of my childhood and young adult life hangin out with my Dad on weekend's helping people out with thing's that they just couldn't handle on their own. We grew up racing flattrack motorcycles and my pop's spent a lot of time at the track helping other Dad's and even Pro riders get their bikes up and running or lending spare part's so they could race against us.

We also spent alot of time helping neighbors and our grandparent's or whoever else need a lawn mowed or flowerbed weeded. It's just the guy he is. I miss him very much.

About 5yrs ago he moved to Kentucky with my step mom. Everyone thought he was going to die soon due to the prostate cancer he had. So they moved closer to My mom's "This is what she was to me" family. Only for her to die 3yrs later. Now with the economy the way it is he cant afford to come home. Another long story.

It's like he is part of me and all I hear on a daily basis is him telling me how people should really be. I try to be that person. I hope before he goes to heaven or where ever it is we go, he can come here and see the man he created.

I live everyday as my Dad did. My neighbor who is elderly has a front lawn which attatches to mine. I had noticed that her lawn was getting long one day and I knew she liked her lawn kept up as most elderly people do. I believe she was 95 at the time and you would see her out weeding the flower bed and edging the lawn with clippers.

Her Grandson usually came every other week to take care of the grass. But I had not seen him for 3 weeks and figured "what the h e ll I will just continue on my way across her lawn and get em both done in one shot. :)

About half way thru she came out the front door and said "hey, you swipin my grass?" I said, "yes ma'am I am, I am going to go sell it on the corner when I'm done too. I'll Give you half" She giggled and said that would be fine. I love this woman.

About an hour later she was at my front door with a freshly baked batch of cookies.
I have been mowing her grass ever since. She sends thank you cards. she lives right next door. hehehehehe. She comes out and we chat. My wife and I go over and visit She is like another local historian. We talk for hours.

It's amazing really cause I am a pretty non P.C. kind of guy. Always say what I think. And can be pretty matter of fact about stuff. And these people love me. I am not sure why but hey anyone who has some love to go around, I am a guy who is happy to accept it and give some of my own.

This whole thing is also changing who I am and what I really strive for in the future. I want all of my family and friends to know what I am feeling right now. All this story can do is get better with age. Just like all of us...

Ok sorry for hijackin my own thread but the last post just hit something inside of me. And I really want everyone of you to know me.

So I go to see Mr. S this afternoon and I am not there 20mins when the office calls for a roll over accident at I-5 Northbound at Hwy 526 in Everett. Said goodbye to the boys as bob the guy in the other bed says, "thats it just come and go?" Yup thats the story of my life... Here is what I found once on the scene.
upsidedownblazer.jpg

upsidedownblazerdebrisfield.jpg

Somebody cut me off is the word of the day.. Wow what a mess. His rolling started wayyy back there by the troopers in lane 2. long way to be flippin... dunno how the occupants are but it seemed they would be ok.

Then I went back and saw the boys again and showed them these pic's. Bob says damn that must be a great job.... I have to agree I do love what I do..

GREAT STORY! I saw this linked on another site(as have others), a Ford site at that. It's so rare to see such a great story, this one is truly making the rounds. The car looks great and that's just the icing on the cake.

To even contemplate all the house cleaning, along with the yard, the tow story after the attempted theft, and the overall condition of the car... WOW! This one gives people that "EXCELLENT" feeling and along with so many others, I want to thank you for sharing it and doing all the things you didn't have to do for someone you had never met before.

And thanks to your dad for helping you become such a good person. If for any reason I'm ever in your area and need towing assistance, YOU will get the call! Congratulations on the GN, but even more on being so helpful to those in need.

God has blessed you and Mr. S. That's how I see it, anyway. :biggrin:

All I can say to both of you guy's is Thanks.

I just got back from a 2hr visit with the boys. Now I have another new friend.
It's Mr. S's roomie. It seems Bob and I have hit it off also. He is a great roomie. Always making sure simmer is ok and doesn't need anything. When I come in and simmer is sleeping or out for PT, Bob and I will just sit and chat while we wait for the other half of our conversation to show up, or wake up.

So many new people in our lives. It's great for him to have someone else to talk to. and hang out with.. He seems pretty happy. The nurse came in and said his wound has healed a full centimeter. Thats pretty good for less than a week. She says it looks great also.. Yippppiiieeeeee. Progress.

This is a GREAT story.I am glad to know that there are still some very good folks left in this world.The car looks great,and my hat is off to you sir.:cool:

It takes some incredible stuff to convince a Ford guy to join a GM forum ;). This thread was linked on Louisvillemustangs.net and after reading the entire thread I wanted to offer my words of encouragement as well. I'm glad to see that you and Mr. S have stumbled upon such great luck. Even though the story starts out rough with the thieves I guarantee that just the friendship you have given Mr. S has done wonders for his health and happiness. I'm sure his story is a pretty interesting one to hear. I guess all that I can say is, good luck to both of you, thanks for sharing all of this and keep fighting the good fight. I'm sure the story will continue to spread like wildfire and I hope it motivates others to be a little more caring and generous. It might even make me be less of a jerk lol.

Also what part of KY is your father in? That's where I live.

It takes some incredible stuff to convince a Ford guy to join a GM forum ;). This thread was linked on Louisvillemustangs.net and after reading the entire thread I wanted to offer my words of encouragement as well. I'm glad to see that you and Mr. S have stumbled upon such great luck. Even though the story starts out rough with the thieves I guarantee that just the friendship you have given Mr. S has done wonders for his health and happiness. I'm sure his story is a pretty interesting one to hear. I guess all that I can say is, good luck to both of you, thanks for sharing all of this and keep fighting the good fight. I'm sure the story will continue to spread like wildfire and I hope it motivates others to be a little more caring and generous. It might even make me be less of a jerk lol.

Also what part of KY is your father in? That's where I live.

I am really shocked at how many places have linked to the story. Pretty cool if ya ask me. Thanks for joining... As for my dad, he lives in elizabethtown, ky.

Thank You

That's around 1 1/2 hrs from me. You'd be amazed how quick news can travel around the internet car scenes. I'm subscribed to this thread and I'll be checking back for updates.

That's around 1 1/2 hrs from me. You'd be amazed how quick news can travel around the internet car scenes. I'm subscribed to this thread and I'll be checking back for updates.

The last time I went to see him I drove in from chicago. I hate layovers so I just rented a car and saw the beautiful country you guys have out there. Drove thru lou vlle. hehehehe as you folks called it. had a great time. Will do the same again.

there's definitely some good places to just drive out this way. have to watch the deer though lol